Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348/348/150

Height: 5'7

Default Easy breakfast/lunch questions

Ok I'm trying to find a diet or something alike to follow. Counting Calories is NOT my thing (I found out fast LOL). I was thinking Weight Watchers might be easier, but then again, it's counting. I make meals at home everynight and they are pretty healthy but when it comes to breakfast and lunch, I totally fall flat. I am not a big egg eater and I'm allergic to oranges. So for breakfast I'll have cereal or bagel with PB or waffles. Lunch, whatever looks good! LOL. I eat left overs or turkey sammies with chips. I mean..I honestly don't know where to begin!! LOL. So I was hoping you lovely ladies would have any ideas (or websites?) that you could give me to help me get ideas. I'm a SAHM and I'd love something easy and quick to fix! I'm starting my exercise regemin tomorrow, which I'm excited about. I'm thinking of getting an elliptical machine too. I'm going to do Walk off the Pounds video (my favorite!!).

Thanks alot ladies for the help!!!
MJCota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you don't mind leftovers make a lot of food. I was reading the South Beach diet book again recently and the author said that if you don't like eggs it's easy to just eat leftovers or anything that just fits with the diet. Like this morning- I had two devilled eggs as part of my breakfast cuz I wanted them!

You also could do something like make a pot of soup and eat that everyday for lunch (which is what I do when it's cold). In the warmer times I cut up all the salad fixings and then put them together when I'm about to eat them
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #3  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Hey MJ! I don't calorie count nor do I follow any program, you should check out my blog for helpful hints and just to follow along and hopefully it can give you a few ideas!

In the meantime, I do realize that soon enough I'm going to HAVE to start counting calories, I think after much research, following along with weight watchers (on my own - even a quick google search will tell you how many ww points are in EVERYTHING) is the best bet!

I am never hungry and I am loving going down and down in sizes!

WIth that said, a few things I love for breakfast are a slice of WW whole wheat toast with "I can't believe it's not butter". Pancakes (160 calories for 2) from this website: http://www.skinnytaste.com <~This website has AMAZING AMAZING recipes which have been a LIFESAVER to me!

A few other yummy things for breakfast are grapefruit, special K w/ bananas added in for flavor, apple and yogurt, yogurt with granola and fruit!

It is proven though that if you eat protein in your breakfast you'll stay fuller throughout the day than those that do not. =) I'm big on researching studies lol.

Anyway, I wish you good luck and much success!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 348/348/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies! I will defintely take your tips and use them. I will also check out your blog (I love blogs, I should really start one). I've noticed I don't eat alot, I just eat the wrong stuff! LOL. My husband is always on my case about making sure I eat (sometimes I forget breakfast or lunch) but I thought "well my body doesn't need all the food so I'm fine if I only each dinner and a snack". Then of course Dr. Oz came along and said "Eating 6 small meals a day is good for you, blah blah blah. Don't skip meals, it will make you gain weight, blah blah blah." So..I listened and I'm TRYING to be better about it. LOL. I guess I just feel guilty for doing something for me and not making sure my attention is on my husband, son, house..whatever. But again, thanks for the tips!
MJCota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I think at this point, if you don't want to count calories, you don't have to. I would recommend to start eliminating a lot of the processed food you're eating.

I don't like to cook (even though now I do it) and I've learned to make some really quick breakfast/meals.

For breakfast, I eat a Kashi Go Lean cereal, which is still processed, but it's so quick to measure out a 3/4 cup and some rice milk and I'm done.

If I'm not in the mood for cereal, I'll eat a yogurt and some hardboiled eggs. I know you don't like the eggs, but yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit are good options too. Leftovers are a great idea for breakfast.

For lunch, I make really quick lunches by grabbing salad fixings and eating that with a chicken breast that I've left marinating and cooking it quickly in a pan (it takes about 5 minutes on each side). I chop it up, add some balsamic vinegar/olive oil as my dressing and I've got a tasty lunch. My salad fixings are creative - carrots, sure, but also apples, and/or walnuts, raisins or cranberries, cucumbers, celery, peppers...

The soup idea is good too, because it's filling and you can make a lot of it and freeze individual portions and then just pop into the microwave when you need a quick lunch/dinner.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #6  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Fruit smoothie for breakfast. Rice milk, protein powder, frozen fruit, flax seed....done in 3 minutes or less.

Lunch is usually leftovers from dinner the night before. Simple, easy, no thought or preparation needed.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #7  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

No one says you have to eat breakfast for breakfast...
I just try to balance out a lean protein, a vegetable and a carb to get me going in the morning things like...
slices of grilled chicken breast (precooked from meat dept) in a tortilla with spinach
black beans with salsa, shredded cabbage and a corn tortilla
whole grain toast and hummus with a sprinkle of seeds (sunflower, etc) and some sprouts

I was never an egg eater. I'm learning to love them though because they are easy and quick and they fuel me for a long time. I eased into them with things like breakfast muffins and single serve frittatas.

Start replacing your refined flour stuff with whole grains and stay away from the chips.
good luck!
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #8  

I love oatmeal with bananas, brown sugar, and cinnamon. So, so good!

- Prepare the old fashioned oats in the micro (1/2 c. dry oats with almost 1 c. water and a splash of milk -- cook 4 mins @ 50%).
- Mix 1/2 banana (cut into small pieces) with 1 tsp. brown sugar and some cinnamon, cook in micro until it is bubbly.
- Mix and enjoy!

For lunche, sometimes I'll just wrap two low-fat cheese sticks in low-sodium turkey breast and dip in dijon mustard and eat. Add a plum and a sliced red bell pepper and it's a pretty delicious and easy lunch. Also, very portable.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #9  
Stubborn

S/C/G: 195/1175/145

Height: 5'5"

Oatmeal is the easiest choice and super low calorie!
I buy the instant packages, they rage from 100-200 calories a pouch. I have one and my SO has 2 cuz he's a giant.
Boil water- pour on oatmeal... done - can't get better then that! Especially in the fall.
For a while I was on a special K kick- it's equally easy.

Lunch I eat salads, soups, or left overs which is almost always steamed veg and rice.

Cream of mushroom soup with some chopped red peppers and broccoli is my fave right now.
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

For breakfast, I like 1/2 a cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal and a strawberry Yoplait light yogurt. Or I'll have a piece of fruit and a cheese stick. If I'm running out the door, I throw a cup of cereal in a baggie and grab an apple. I hate breakfast so I try and make it quick and easy.

For lunch, I eat a lot of left-overs. When I'm cooking dinner, I'll make extra brown rice and chicken. I throw that together with frozen stir-fry veggies. I have turkey sandwiches with a yogurt and an apple a lot too. Or big salads with a can of tuna on top. When I really don't feel like doing any work, I'll eat 24 almonds, an apple, a yogurt, Special K crackers and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #11  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Easy breakfast is protein and fruit. Or protein, fruit & veggies. The protein doesn't need to be eggs (mine rarely is). Try low fat cottage cheese, 3 oz of grilled chicken breast, planned-over steak strips, 2 Tbs peanut/almond/nut butter on WW bread/English Muffin. Real Oatmeal (can be made in a large bowl in the microwave) with fruit or peanut butter or both.

If you're having a turkey sandwich for lunch, throw out the chips and replace them with a side vegetable like cucumber rounds, cherry tomatoes, pepper strips, snow peas or some other vegetable you like. You can portion out some humus and dip them in that if you don't like them plain. Make sure that sandwich is on whole wheat bread, a whole wheat round, a whole wheat tortilla - you get the idea.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #12  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I automate breakfast and lunch, for the most part.

Breakfast: banana and egg OR Fiberone cereal with berries and soy milk OR FiberOne cereal with yogurt.

Lunch: Half sandwich with roast beef, swiss, natural (no HFCS) ketchup and an apple OR lean protein and a vegetable.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Breakfast: Nonfat yogurt w/ 1 tbsp flax seed and chunks of fruit or a whole wheat thin sliced bagel with whipped cream cheese

Lunch: any kind of salad with 4 oz of lean protein (chicken, turkey, pork, tuna)
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote