Old 10-20-2010, 01:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Someone please kick me

I need help. I've fallen off the wagon. This whole summer, I only lost +/- 16 lbs. I've lost +/- 50 lbs since December. I'm approaching healthy BMI, but I just can't get there. Because the pounds come off so slowly, I'm really unmotivated. I'm also hungry ALL THE TIME because, to lose weight, I need to eat like 1,050 - 1,300 calories a day. So, I haven't really been dieting for the last month a half. I've roughly been maintaining. I need a serious kick in the pants.

I decided I'm going to go back to South Beach for 2 weeks. I figure this will a) let me eat a bit more; b) give me faster results to keep me motivated.

I just feel like a failure. :-( I've come so far and I really want to get from "average" to "cute" (I'm not even gonna try for "hot"!). Are all the gals I used to lose weight with on the 60's and 50's thread even still around? Maybe you've all reached your goals already. :-(
girlinwaterglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 AM   #2  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I don't see anything wrong with taking a break and just maintaining instead of actively losing. I take scheduled breaks like that, just to allow myself a breather and to also practice for once I've reached my goal and need to maintain. If you're feeling unmotivated, I honestly think the best thing to do is to give yourself a break so you can come back later with renewed energy.

Also, I've found you lose slower the closer you get to your goal weight. DO NOT feel like a failure! You've lost 51 lbs so far. That is not failing at all. Losing slowly is not failing, that's just how your body is working right now. You've just got to be patient and keep in there, you'll get to your goal eventually.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:55 AM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm twelve pounds above my goal weight too and LORDY LORDY am I taking my sweet time.

Instead of treating it as "I'm failing," why not see the bright side - at least you're not GAINING and reversing the progress you've made.

Yeah eating little enough to lose sucks, but it is so satisfying to see the numbers going down that maybe you'll get hooked and get down to goal! I find going to bed early whenever possible is a good hunger-combatant.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #4  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

I have always found the last 10 the hardest because you do reach that comfortable happy weight...but not the goal you want! Keep visible motivators in your face all day everyday, pushing you to keep eating right and get your exercise in! You can do it!!!
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone. Day 1 back on SB phase I went okay. Hopefully I can keep it up for 13 more!
girlinwaterglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Good luck with losing the last few pounds!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #7  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i don't see why you need such low cal. we are same ht. try to increase your activity. if you need ideas pm me.

also, you said you only lost 16 over the summer. well guess what i lost none! but i was maintaining pretty darn well! and now i'm losing again. find a way to think about progress positively. all progress is good! the time will pass anyway, so we may as well be lighter.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #8  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

@katy trail: She needs less calories because she weighs less, despite being the same height. I'm the same height too and I eat around 1,300 everyday. She really shouldn't be going under 1,2000, though.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote