Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/163/149

Height: 5'5

Default Best consultation ever

Today I had my consultation with a woman that I had never seen at the center. She was an older woman. Normally I gravitate towards the young counselors, but I didn't have an appointment so I got her. After less than two minutes of viewing my health history and talking to me she figured out on her own that I am stressed out. She said that this may be slowing my weight loss. She recommended the Corti Trim, but when I said that I couldn't afford the $75 for it, she wrote down two supplements that I can purchase from the health food store that are really cheap. She also recommended a calcium and magnesium supplement which was only $6 because apparently low levels can increase stress, anxiety and depression. She is a yoga instructor and also showed me how to breathe when I am feeling overwhelmed to help relieve stress. She is more knowledgable about the program and general health than anyone else that i've spoken to. Usually when I visit the center I feel like I am just a commission. I was so impressed that she cared more about my health and well being than her paycheck. I will see her weekly from now on. Lesson learned: Don't judge a book by it's cover.
bbygrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

It helps to love your counselor and feel that they are there for you, not just a paycheck. I have to say all of the girls at my location are awesome. They have all been there for me when I needed help and encouragement, and have never given up on me. They call me usually once a day and leave a nice voice mail when I don't answer. On one occasion I tried a different fat burner in a small size and then bought the larger one only to find out I could not take them as they were messing with my anxiety. So, you can't take them back, not the pills but one of the counselors took mine to use herself and she bought me a bottle of the one I could take. That was such a kind thing to do. All of the girls there are awesome, each in their own way.

Last edited by Sherral; 10-19-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #3  
Started program June 2010

That is so great! My consultations are sometimes good and sometimes not so good. Sometimes I come out of there feeling great, and other times I feel like they just want a commission.

Sherral - That was really kind of your counselor to do that for you. I bet you were grateful.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Can I ask what she suggested instead of cortitrim...it's too expensive for me too!
brainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/163/149

Height: 5'5

Excess cortisol hampers weight loss especially belly fat which is the area that i'm losing the least amount of inches from. To help lower my cortisol levels i need to lower my stress levels and relax. She wrote down passion flower extract which i got at whole foods. It comes in drops that you put in water and drink. ($10) I haven't tried it yet. She also wrote down Yogi kava stress relief tea which was $2.99 a box. I've been drinking this in the evening. My schedule is still very hectic, but already i feel more relaxed. I read online that kava is like a natural prozac. I'm also taking the calcium magnesium pills.
bbygrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote