Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge 18/10/2010 - 24/10/2010

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!
__________________________________________________ _________

Welcome Bonnie!!! I remember when I first found this site and how relieved I was to know I was not alone, FAR FROM IT!!

I am earning day 67 right now... had it out with my bf last night though... so it was hard to go to bed with my tummy rumbling but i ignored it because i didn't believe i was really hungry, i felt like it was going to be emotional eating... in the end though, things are okay with the bf for a while at least...

did receive some really bad news today though, which makes my life and struggles with food seem soooo insignificant and pointless! My friends nephew is 3 and has just been diagnosed with lukemia ... I mean really... he is about to go through three years of ****, he childhood is going to be totally affect and he might not even make it through...and i have problems wiht food! i seriously need to get over myself!!!

i hope this monday treats everyone well!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

happy2be - That is definitely a reality check when you hear of things like your friends nephew. My thoughts are with your friend! Congrats on Day 67 and making it through the night, that is FANTASTIC!

I'm trying to jump back on the wagon with Day 8 today.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

happytobeamomof2, sorry about your nephew. sending hugs and good vibes to the both of you.

i'm still doing well. i stop when i'm full. going strong, most days,vsince sept 3.

let's keep it going everyone!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

happytobemom--sorry about your friend's nephew--real life never seems easy, does it, although you're smart to let it give you perspective.

Starting day 158!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Ohh man sorry about your nephew; I hope things work out for the better.
I need to join this week, I've been on and off for weeks and it's killing me. Today my jeans were a little tight and that was a big wake-up call.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #6  

Thank you all for the support. I really hope my friends' nephew has a cureable form and that things progress as quickly and painlessly as possible for him and his family...

Really hits home when I heard her tell me about it and then I looked at my kids playing and nearly broke down at how lucky I am that they are so safe, healthy and amazing... I am one very lucky mommy!!!

hugs!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

happytobeamomof2, sorry about your nephew...I hope and pray everything will be ok... it's something like that puts everything in else perspective...

Not a great day back at work, but I made it through Day 4!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #8  

happytobeamomof2, sorry to hear about your friend's nephew. It's hard to wrap my mind around why such a little one has to go through such things. He will be in my prayers.

Day 2-YAY
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #9  

thank you all... turns out he has the "most cureable" of lukemias and the doc feels he should make a full recovery - it is just going to take a really long time...

i am earning day 68 but just barely! i nearly inhaled an entire container of icing last night...i decided to have a couple of spoonfuls and nearly when nuts on it... but i stopped... over my calories but not out of control so i am not counting it as a binge. i will have to be extra diligent tonight when i ice the cupcakes for school tomorrow to not eat the icing... i know i will have a couple spoonfuls (if i deny myself totally, i will for sure binge) but i will have to set them aside and throw out the leftovers before i enjoy my 'share' ...

i hope everyone managed last night...and that tues treats us all kindly!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

@happy2be - that is great news about the leukemia. It's terrible that he has to suffer through it, but thank goodness there is hope! I can totally relate to the frosting though. I have to be all or none with that stuff otherwise I start concocting things to put frosting on, like bread, tortillas etc LOL, and its game over at that point.

Keep it up everyone. Day 9 here.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/160.2/135

Height: 5'6.5

For the first time in as long as I can remember... I am earning day 7!!!!!! A whole, beautiful, controlled, healthy, binge-free week! I haven't always been on-plan, but I have always been more or less in control of myself and I never binged! I can't believe it! I wonder if this will reflect well on the scale when I weigh in tomorrow, but even if it doesn't I don't mind because I am gaining control over my own body and that is peachy keen by me!!

Hang in there, ladies! Happytobeamomof2 - congrats on stopping yourself before going over the top. Best wishes for your friend's nephew's recovery!!
YoYono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Starting 159!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Woohoo! Day 2 is almost over and I feel great. I've totally reworked my plan and rearranged a few things. I'm refocusing a lot on exercise and some new goals which, in the past, has helped me not focus so much on food. Anyway, it's the first time in a while that I've done 2 days with no urges (I know that won't last forever) and I'm just feeling pretty healthy in general. Sore, but healthy

I'm so glad that the news is at least somewhat positive happy! I know you can say no to the icing monster tonight!

Congrats on one week yoyo! That's a really great accomplishment, can't wait to be there myself!!

Great work mamma and paris! Wooohooo!!

Let's keep it up!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #14  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I have been baking for Halloween the past week, have not been eating any of it til last night. I stayed in control, gained some weight. Today I finished the last piece of cake, but that led me to the peanut butter, candy corn, gummi worms & hershey kisses. It was kinda a binge feeling, but I was totally aware of what I was eating & how many calories. I counted all of them, yesterday was 3300, today was 3500. A lot of weight gain coming for sure. I'm starting day 1 tomorrow, i don't feel like I deserve to say I'm still binge free.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 AM   #15  

Day 3

I forgot how good it feels to take care of yourself. It is a nice feeling.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote