Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Question Water, water, everywhere...

but I don't want to drink.

I try to drink 4-5 glasses a day. I know I should be drinking more, but honestly it's sooo hard. I MIGHT manage 6 in a day. I love water. Don't get me wrong. It's all I drink now, with the exception of a glass of milk every once in a while.

But what do you do when you take a big sip of water, swallow it, then feel like you have heartburn? Does anyone know that taste I mean? It isn't actually heartburn, but my body is basically saying "okay, I'm sick of water. Knock if off."

I should go for my 5th glass but even thinking about it makes me want to vomit.

What do you do when water loses it's appeal?
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #2  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

I started putting 0 calorie flavored stevia drops in it. I buy them off Amazon - way cheaper than the health food store.
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

there's another new thread about what do people drink other than water. push the new posts button, it should come up. lots of ideas in there. i think its in cal counters forum.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

i drink seltzer- it's just carbonated water, but to me it is so refreshing- i am addicted!. plain, but it also comes in flavors (unsweetened) like lemon-lime, orange, raspberry, cherry. my fave is cheap-o vintage brand- i love it more than perrier or pellegrino. a lot of people find it a little strange or even bitter tasting at first, but there are so many people i know who have picked up the seltzer habit from me(!) and are now also addicted! it's funny- my brother and mother also are seltzer addicts- and we never drank it growing up, we all found it on our own. i feel bad about all the plastic bottles, but my brother has a seltzer maker now, so that's an option.

i drink it all day long. straight from the bottle. try it! seriously, it has helped wean me from my wine habit!! (drinking a bottle or two of seltzer a night is way better and cheaper than a bottle of wine a night!!!)
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I never really cared about drinking water so I never did. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, a glass of water with lunch, a glass of water with dinner and a couple of mugs of hot tea in the afternoon. Didn't stop me from losing weight, doesn't stop me from keeping it off. If you are meh on water, that's okay.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm like Glory -- I know staying hydrated is important, and when I workout or sweat I do drink more. Otherwise, I just haven't worried about it. And I lost weight just fine.

I'm not saying that other people shouldn't drink water. In many ways I think it's a great idea, especially if it helps keep you full.

But I just want people to know that, as with many aspects of weight loss, there are a variety of approaches to the "water problem"

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy trail View Post
there's another new thread about what do people drink other than water. push the new posts button, it should come up. lots of ideas in there. i think its in cal counters forum.
I didn't even see this, thanks!
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote