Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 08:55 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, October 30

Good Morning,

Ready to give out all that candy tomorrow...Uhhhhhhhhh
I have the big candy bars for the kids....I figure who ever is brave enuf to walk down my street deserves a big candy bar

We had snow last night and are expecting some more today...nothing sticked... YAHOO. Its just to early for snow.

I found a costume for my neice but it will be way to big so G-ma needs to do some sewing today...thats what you get for waiting to long.

Kem - how did you make out at the dr's yesterday ???

Lady - I'm sending all this snow your way. Its funny when my aunt was here from Hawii it was 80 degrees and she was cold.

April - are you back from partying yet ? hope you had a good time with the family....details, details...

Lizzy......look out, I'm always peeking around the corner. Boo.

TIPPY - where are you ???? hope you didn't fall in any paint cans.

Meg - are you still with us ??? we miss you.

Cathy - are you dry yet ? shall I send down my rubbers ?

Linny - I know where you are

Hope I didn't forget anyone

Have a great day !!

Leenie

Last edited by Leens; 10-30-2002 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:20 AM   #2  

Can someone tell me what to big orange thing in the sky is? I don't seem to remember. I would say it has been about a week since I have seen it.

Th doc agreed with me, I have social anxiety with some mild depression. He gave me a slow release Paxil. Hopefully it will work. He made a good point, I am an introvert with an extrovert job. It is like I have to be something that I am not all day. When I get home all I want to do is hide and be within myself. One thing that did bug me though, that darn scale! I weighted right before I left work and at the docs it was 4 lbs lighter. I can calibrate my scale at work with a weight. How do they take care of theirs? AAAUUUGGGHHH!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:25 AM   #3  

Post Gonna be busy today!

I am feeling a bit stressed,,,have to work 4 hours tonight 330-730 pm and then a class from 730-930 at the hospital....then come home and sort out all the Halloween stuff for school as I am working days on Halloween...so.....it should be interesting to time everything,,,,good thing daddy is off so he can go to dd 4's Halloween party....mom never volunteers at Halloween,,,,it is just too much for too long...

We bought small bars but give a handful...usually we buy the big ones too leens but we waited to long to buy this year....told hubby not to have around until the last minute,,,,I am not to be trusted

I am also prepping for get away over Nov long weekend...going to a scrapping retreat and there is lots to do to get ready. I have to have my order in today and how the heck am I supposed to know what I will need. The only way to be sure is over order

Gotta go...looking forward to hearing from you all!

Eliz
Old 10-30-2002, 10:30 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kem,

I'm so glad you went to the doctor

Some good info on Paxil, a friend of mine has been on it for several years now and she was able to lose 53 lbs on it. I am so happy for her and she feels on top of the world.

I don't know where that big orange thing is either, its been doing funky things here too, snow, hail, rain, but not much of it, just enuf to make it cold and icky gray out.

Oh wait <---- here it is.

Have a wonderful day !!!!
Love, Leenie

LIZZZZY you snuck in on me - Booooo !
the scrapping thing sounds great, can I come
Old 10-30-2002, 10:46 AM   #5  

I wish I would have gone to houses liek you guys when Iwas little. I never got any big bars. I might have to hand out candy by myself. This will be our first year giving candy. We have always lived in apartments and kids didn't show up. Then we went through a thing of always partying on the big night. This is our first house and we live in a nice subdivision so I am sure we will have lots of little ones. Trick or treat time is 5:30 - 8:30 and i am hopeing hubby will be home in time. He will be driving in from out of state and can't make any promises. He was blown away when he heard there is a time frame for everything. I guess he didn't have that growing up in California. Of course, I had to remind him we are a little diff. here in Louisiana.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:30 PM   #6  

Default Wednesday, Oct. 30

Hi everyone,

I am still away visiting family in Windsor. I started off counting points......but quickly realized that when you don't have control of the food & you are going out to eat more than normal.....it's just too hard to count the WW points. Will get back to it when I get home.

My asthma has been bothering me while I have been here. Some of my family smoke.....so that doesn't help. Have taken my Ventolin puff twice since Sunday.

Have done some shopping....some makeup, 3 sweaters, a pair of waslking shoes. I feel colder here....it's damper here. I bought some other things also.....will go into a frugal mode for a while after I get home.

I leave for home on Nov. 9. The day before I leave....I have to get some kolbasa....the garlic kind. There is a butcher here who sells it vacuum packed. So I am going to bring home 4 of them for my DH.

I am going to send a box of clothes that I didn't wear With some other things.....home by parcel post this week. It's funny....I brought less clothes this time....but I still only wore about 1/2 of them. Then I bought clothes when I was here.....oh well....I don't go away that often.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

April
Old 10-30-2002, 03:52 PM   #7  

Default Happy Humpy Day

Hello everyone.

This is going to be fast cuz I am buried at work.. approaching the shrieking point

HI!!!!

Hi Leens, Kem, Liz, April and lurkers. Arggh message light flashing .. gotta get
Closed Thread