Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 05:33 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Wednesday

morning girls,
repeat after me: today i will be good!
last night went a bit wrong cos i was all pre-menstrual and hungry. spotted a mozzarella cheese ball that was about to go out of date so had to eat it (in a pitta bread with sundried toms). and then i had a healthy dinner but i was over points. ah well. today i'm going to be extra good and try to get this week back on track.
back later,
kirsty
Old 10-30-2002, 08:01 AM   #2  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default My Mantra

Tonight I will be good ... tonight I will be good ... tonight I will be good ...

Good morning all!

Another late night binge hit me last night. The damage: 2 packages of mini ring dings, 1 package of mini chips ahoy and 2 slices of grandma style pizza. Oooofah!

Something is on my mind and I need to get it off my chest to resolve this eating and break the pattern. I must have the "talk" with Jeffrey. Such a difficult thing for me to deal with.

Got lots of work to do today - real work & school work.

I'm going to get some extra exercise in today. I don't know how or what - but I'll do it.

BBIAB!
Old 10-30-2002, 08:06 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Uhh Kirsty? I confess, I'm already being bad today. My breakfast consisted of a candy bar.

I never did get yesterday back on track. And while I intellectually realize that I can get today back on track (a candy bar is unhealthy but can be worked into my points) and don't FEEL like I can. PMS sucks - I WANT to eat all the snacks laying around and I have a lunch meeting that involves chinese food.

So how do you ladies assert logic over emotion when temptaion strikes?

Hope that you are all having better luck with will power and staying OP.

Laura
Old 10-30-2002, 08:33 AM   #4  
GO CANES!

I am sooooooo sorry for you PMSers. that time is just awful! I am trying to be good myself.....had to have some choc. cake last night, and started out today over 4 pts. because of it, but soooo worth it!! and guess what? a few girls in the office and i are starting to do taebo at lunch time in the building conference room!! how great is that??
Old 10-30-2002, 11:37 AM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls!

I'm PMSing too! Argh not fun! All last evening I mentally argues with myself . Of all the weird thing I was craving I really really wanted ketchup chips! The thought of it was making my mouth literally water. We went to fule up the car & it would have been so easy to pop in the store & buy them but I just kept reminding myself that it wouldn't help me reach my long-term goals & I made hubby go inside & pay so I didn't have to see the temptress. To make matters worse DH decided he was starving after his long day & so on the wayhome detours to the McDonald's drive thru! Well I'm proud to say that I resisted & didn't order anything. Hubby's food smelled so good that I made him give me one single fry & a little bite of his cheeseburger. And you know what that was enough! Never before have I been able to just taste a little bit & then stop myself. Never before have I made it through a drive thru without ordering anything for myself-even before when I was OP. I do find it frustrating though that hubby just has to have this stuff when he knows what I'm doing & how hard it is for me. I think sometimes that men really just don't get it. Oh well... Hey you know what else? I even managed to bank 5 points yesterday after all of that struggle! I am amazing myself! Now if I can just get through the rest of PMS week!

What are you all doing for Halloween? As of yet we have no plans & we had better get some b/c I didn't buy any candy this year due to lack of room inour budget. And I'd rather not be home than to pretend we're not home. If all else fails we might go to the toonie movies but that doesn't cover enough time to be out.

Well girls it sounds like we're all struggling right now. But you know what its never too late to get on track & change your day, your week, your LIFE! We can do this. We're strong women who kick butt! We can't let a little thing like food rule us! We have the power to stop our actions & resist! Life is too short to be beaten buy a piece of candy or baking or whatever! Plus those things will make life shorter. Look to your long term. In forty years do you see yourself as an active granny living it up or a slow granny who can't play with her grandkids because she might give herself another heart attack or stroke? We all know which one we want to be so now lets make the changes to get there. Take control. You can do this!

(Sorry for the rant-it just seems like we need to refocus today)
Talk to you all later when you tell of your successes today!

-Rina
Old 10-30-2002, 11:55 AM   #6  
GO CANES!

Rina
We didnt buy any candy either!!! we are actually inviting ourselves over my boyfriend's sister's house to hand out their candy and watch "friends"!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 12:09 PM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... Emma had her 2 year old appointment this morning and is a very healthy little girl! Yah! I go in in a couple of weeks for my next monthly appointment. I hope I didn't gain too much weight!! Last night we had homemade pizza and cake for Emma's b-day. She was crabby at first, but then didn't want to go to bed after she opened the couple presents we gave her. We gave her a childrens art eisel and she was having fun coloring. We didn't let her dig the paints out tho (she wanted to!). And she also got a childrens broom because she likes to help me.

Other than that, not in a work mood at all. Pooey on me. When am I ever????

Kirsty... That is so funny you found the cheese that about to go out of date. Sounds like an excuse I would make!!! I bought some pita bread, but I am afraid it will get stale before I decide what to make out of it.

Deb... If you need shoulders, we are here. It is best not to let a rotten situation drag out forever. Good Luck!!

Oh and I just wanted to say how nice it is to NOT PMS for 9 months. Tho sometimes being PG is worse than PMS. It is not a piece of cake!!!

Back to work... oh wait, almost lunch time!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:16 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey all I finally got my wedding pics up. I posted it as a new thread so it doesn't get lost in today's post. Check it out when you get time Gotta run to work. I'll be back later!

-Rina
Old 10-30-2002, 01:40 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Default Hi all!

I am back from training and I have some good news! Carmen can come home on Friday! she can wait for her surgery at home...we are so happy. I'll try to post a pic of her face without the the tubes, etc. What a relief!!

I am with you all on the re-committing yesterday- I was quite good til dinner, I had a hot dog with saurkraut at the Costco....very healthy oh well, could be worse.

Today I am off to pilates at lunchtime and I went to bellydancing Monday - I missed WI this week so I am just goign to wait for next week....

Things with B/f are going better, not much to report.

Kirsty- mmm...your snack sounds so good! don't tell us, its tempting!!

Deb - good luck with your "talk". Feel free to share if you feel comfortable doing so....

All you PMS-ers - I hear ya! I suck the week before and my willpower is an all time low. Ih ave to have some form of choclate at least once! BUT I have been very good with the halloween candy - haven't had one bite....just have to get through tomorrow!!

JenL - how was Emma's party? Julianna had hers on sunday and it was fun - she got mostly the disney princess barbies. she has them all but cinderella - spoiled little cutie!!

Belle
Old 10-30-2002, 01:42 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Hi guys - you know what's weird - I'm PMSing too. I hear women who spend a lot of time together eventually align their cycles, but this is an internet group! OK - too much work and too many meetings today - Plus I'm way too excited about Halloween.
BOO!
KT
Old 10-30-2002, 02:01 PM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle, We didn't have her party yet, that is on Sunday. Last night we just did a home b-day celebration. But I think I will have a full house of family on Sunday, so this may be either good or bad. The in-laws (all of them) get cranky and won't socialize if my family is there. Very weird. They all forget.... THIS IS OUR HOUSE AND THEY ARE ALL GUESTS. Which means they are equal!!!

Oh well............
Old 10-30-2002, 02:15 PM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Was cruising through Dotti's looking for points on my chinese lunch and saw the poem below. Thought we'd get a kick out of it.

ODE to TOM
You give me cramps, you make me sick
With you around, I can't to program stick.
You make me achy, b-itchy, and blue
Why do you do the things you do?

You make me want to eat the whole house,
With chocolate and sprinkles on anything I'll douse.
I'm bloaty and hungry and crabby too,
Why do you do the things you do?

You always arrive on the very worst days,
Right before weigh in you're in my way.
TOM you are not my friend and you'll never be
Why do you do these things to me?

Go away, hurry and don't delay,
I have to go weigh in only 2 days.
I know you have business so get through,
What are you waiting on? You know I hate you!
Old 10-30-2002, 02:27 PM   #13  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey all. Not much time for a long post today. Hubby's grandma had some kind of surgery on Monday where she was on a heart-bypass machine, and she's not quite been herself afterwards. It looks as though she's not going to come back to being herself, and isn't really going to pull through this. So we may be flying to New Orleans for a funeral this weekend instead of our relaxing weekend that we had planned. I don't know her all that well, but her daughter ( Drew's stepmom) is like another mother to me, and I'm having such empathy for her right now...I keep thinking how it would feel if it was my mom. I love her and hate to see her going through this. So enough with my online cry...just please keep her in her prayers if you're the praying type.
Old 10-30-2002, 03:40 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default Picture...

Here is a pic of Carmen - she is wearing clothes for the first time and trying out her car-seat at the hospital. Her face is still quite swollen from the meds she is on, but she is alert, and very hairy!!

Jen - may the force be with you with the in laws. My sisters are great - Newfies! They were here for the b-day from BC and they get along great with us. Dad and his wife had to come on another day though....that is nto good, mom and dad together. I can relate sort of....

Belle....
Old 10-30-2002, 03:41 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Jayne- she is in my prayers, and your hubby as well. I hope that peace can come to your family, and to the grandmother as well....Belle.
Closed Thread