Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 10:36 PM   #1  
just me

Thumbs up Was in a bad accident

I was in a bad car accident earlier this month. I have whiplash and a concussion still. It's been 3 weeks since the accident. Has anyone suffered either of these specific things and if so how long was your recovery? What types of doctors did you go to?

I sleep a lot more, often have a sick headache. Last Friday the headache got real bad. The next day it was gone. I was not one to even get headaches before the accident.

My car was hit head on and I smashed my head on something hard. I believe I blanked out for a second and then I was in a daze where nothing was making sense for awhile. I have had memory problems and others that have been disconcerting.

With the whiplash and backstrain my back and neck ache and the pain moves around. Right now it is hard to open doors because of the pain next to my neck. A hot bath with epson salts feels pretty good but does not cure it. I am seeing a doctor 3 times a week for this.

I also have knee pain still from hitting something. Seems like a long time (over 3 wks.) to still hurt but my car was hit real hard and so I guess I hit things hard as a result.

Anyway, I needed to get that out
Old 10-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #2  

Three weeks is not a long time to get over what you are going through. I was in a bad accident, had whiplash and back injuries. Spent 10 days in the hospital in traction and 11 weeks in physical theraphy and it was probably a year before I felt better. I had more good days than bad, but the least little strain and I'd start hurting again. Give it time...hire a good personal injury lawyer!
Old 11-01-2002, 08:17 PM   #3  

i got a concussion while ice skating, as well as whiplash. my neck hurt for a while. it was also very weak. take things easy, but know it will take time for your body to heal.

if it keeps on like it is, talk to your dr. maybe she can prescribe some mega motrin or give you some suggestions.

for pain, i've used tiger balm. i don't know if it actually does anything physically to my body, but it helps a lot for my sprains and strains. it smells strong, though.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:49 AM   #4  

Default Hello

I was in a car accident this past February. We were rear-ended. I had a whiplash, hit my hip on the door, as well as my arm. It was 3 times it's size, and the Dr. in emergency thought it was broken, and was prepared to surgery that night. It was not, thank goodness. I now have developed tendonitis fromt he elbow to the shoulder, and find it hard to do some things.

I have been going to the chiro for years, so I went to him immediately. He is an Upper Cervical Chiropractor, so he does no manipulation. My neck is still weak, but it saved me from having headaches. I did wear a neck support for a couple of months and only use is once in a while now. I hope you can seek out some form of treatment, because it will not get better on it's own. Also, I have heard, that after a whiplash, it never goes back 100%.

I hope you start to feel better soon. An accident takes such a tole on your body. My lower back was so painful as well, but I do have arthritis in it. The chiro. said that the lower back acts as the handle of the whip and takes quite a jolt as well. It still is not back to where it was before the accident, and it wasn't great before that.
Closed Thread