Old 10-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Default maintenace thread?

Is there a maintence thread here or someplace else? I am in week two of maintence and would like to see how others are handling the new menu and perhaps offer suggestions or support.
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I don't know of one on here but I'm new but it's so nice to meet someone who has completed the plan! is maintenance difficult? I have gained and lost so many times that I know losing weight is only a battle and maintaining that weightloss is the war.. what things change on mrc once you hit your goal?
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #3  

look back on old threads called "maintainers" ... there's some good information there.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #4  

Thanks for the info about "maintainers." I'll certainly look that up.

Things that change on goal? Well, once you reach goal you are given the 1200 calorie diet of foods that you should eat. It's basically all the food that is now included on stabilization. It looks like Weight Watchers in that you are to have two dairy a day and such.

The tricky part for me is that once again there is more choice. Somehow, I feel like I did better OP when it was so structured. What I am doing now is staying OP for most of the time and go off program when dining out, etc. I do weigh myself daily since I am so afraid that the weight will return.

I am looking at all the money that I've spent with the program and I hope that motivation helps me to maintain. Plus, of course, the health benefits and how much better I feel now.

Good luck with the program. And, check with your doctor when you can to make sure that you are not having any health issues.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

Height: 5'5"

Thinknthin, I don't want to be a downer but you will need more than motivation. I have read this somewhere and want to pass it on from one maintainer to another. MOTIVATION is just another emotion. It may get you started but it will come and go. There are lots of ways to keep that motivation flowing - - books, websites, journaling & etc. However I think people who are successful in the long run do so through DETERMINATION not motivation. So be detrmined to keep the weight off. I am. Good luck see you in Maintainers thread.
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #6  

Good point about motivation. I can see that motivation is short termed. And as far as determination goes that is definately long termed. Weight loss should be long term and I've reached that point several times in my life. Sometimes I have kept the weight off for over 4 years and yet, slipped for various reasons.

I've looked at the 1200 calorie plan and I'm going to try to incorporate it into my daily living. No, I need to incorporate it in order to be successful. I guess that I felt the freedom of no longer being on the green menu and started a binge. And, it's amazing how in a few short days how badly your body responds to it. Once again, I feel sluggish and out of control. Determination. Yes, and not just determination to lose the weight but to keep it off.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

so then once you've completed the plan they want you to stay on a 1200 calorie plan the rest of your life?? that seems so low to maintain! did you lose weight while in stabilization?
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #8  

Yes, I think that 1200 is low. Now, I have my head together and have stopped my binge. So, what I am doing is eating the green menu, again. I eat basically the same food as before and I'm trying not to go off the green menu for a few days at least. I plan on visiting the center on Saturday.

I lost about 5 pounds on stabilization. I never met my goal weight but made their goal weight. Basically what happened is that my time was up and they felt that I would lose weight during stabilization. I'm glad that I didn't rejoin. I just didn't want to spend more money on the program.