General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

Default Smug thin friends

Anyone else have them?

I have this one friend who has a pretty foul personality anyway, but she is always indirectly taking jabs at my weight. She always makes comments about my booty being larger than average (its always been this way, even at normal weights) calling it 'shelf booty' and whatnot.

Has anyone seen that commercial with the talking bottle of Mrs Butterworth? We were watching TV once and it came on, and from then on she called me 'thick and buttery' whenever she saw me. I told her that I REALLY didn't like being referred to as 'thick and buttery' but she wouldn't stop!

One night, she got really drunk and belligerent and actually pushed me down onto the ground in her drunken stupor. She didn't remember this happening, and after I told her about it the next morning, she incredulously asked me " I was able to push you down???" Okay, yeah, I'm overweight, but I'm not a house, I HATE that she acted like she was FAR to thin and dainty to push someone as sloppy and oaf-like as myself to the ground. *rolls eyes*

Finally, last year we were at our state's annual fair together and we got on this ride that had a bar that went across the lap. I was nervous about being able to fit into it, but when we got on, the bar went down as normal. Of course I wasn't allowed even this small and pathetic victory since she had to turn to me and ask "Is it all the way down, Adrianne?"

UGH, I CANNOT WAIT until I'm thinner than she is. She's of average weight, but has put on a few pounds in the last couple months and I suspect that by the time I get to my goal I'll be thinner than her or at least look it. I can't wait until she feels threatened by me when we go out on the weekends because I'm wearing a skimpier dress than she is (my hair already looks loads better than hers. I'm glad to at least have that to beat her with!)

I want her to be SICK WITH ENVY when she sees me ready to go out looking 10x hotter than her.

Anyone with me?

Last edited by onherweighdown; 10-10-2010 at 08:48 PM.
onherweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #2  
Oh, you stubborn Viking!

S/C/G: 342/SEE TICKER/192

Height: 5 ft 9 in

I'm sorry...why are you friends with her? Doesn't sound too friendly to me. You're probably already 10x hotter than her. Being overweight does not make you ugly. But being a raging bee-otch does. IMHO, lol.
LacieRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

I think this "friend" of yours deserves a quick kick in the slacks to be honest. I mean, friends should be able to tease each other on occasion..that is one of the fun things about friends, but there are lines you don't cross, and it seems she doesnt just toe over them, but hops all the way across. Personally, I see the desire to get thinner than her and give yourself the right for some tit for tat, but if it were me in your shoes, I would tell her that her attitude and tone is insulting, offensive, and just downright rude. Either stop, or stay away from me.

But I tend to be a tad opinionated.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #4  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSiren View Post
I would tell her that her attitude and tone is insulting, offensive, and just downright rude. Either stop, or stay away from me. But I tend to be a tad opinionated.
Is there any other way to be? Totally agree with that sentiment, Tornado.

This 'friend' is no friend of yours, OP! Kick her disrespectful butt to the curb.

Last edited by UrthWurm; 10-10-2010 at 09:07 PM.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I want her to be SICK WITH ENVY when she sees me ready to go out looking 10x hotter than her.
Remember this EVERY TIME you are about to shove something nasty or unhealthy down your throat. I mean it. You can think it forever, you can dwell on it until eternity...But you never achieve it sitting at the drive thru. If this is what it takes to get healthy then use it to the max. Unfortunately I see a lot of people who try to lose weight for revenge and it never pans out. Hopefully you can use this fuel to motivate you until commitment to your health and body sink in.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #6  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Wow. Sounds like a great person...

I hear you, though. One girl I know isn't that blunt about it - she's more the 'complain about something good to get comments' person. She'll say, "Oh, I'm so thin so I get cold - but you don't have that problem, so that's good." Yeah, thanks.

Or, "I sooo hate it that people can just pick me up because I'm so small! You're so lucky that doesn't happen to you."

Just realize and remember what she's like and the revenge you eventually want to get, and then file it away. Forget about it, don't let her rile you, and then work to get healthier and thinner for YOU. Don't do it just for her - she's not worth it, you are.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #7  
Be Healthy...

S/C/G: 288/267/238

Height: 5'5"

I have smug thin friends, but I can think of better words to describe her. She is envious of you...maybe her size is the only advantage she has over you. Reminding you of your weight obviously makes her feel superior. Well, she wouldn't have to make herself feel surperior if she actually were. Think about that. You do this....and you will be so proud of yourself she will no longer matter.....the people that support you, however, will. Best of Luck.

Last edited by fattiegirl; 10-10-2010 at 11:35 PM.
fattiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Wow, she is definitely NOT a friend!! She pushed you down?! I'd kick that heifer to the curb! Let her go be miserable by herself, because it's obvious she feels so badly about herself and her own life that she has to use someone (you) as her personal ego-boost. You deserve a better friend than that. ****, she sounds more like a school bully than a friend. Tell that hag where to go.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-11-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:38 AM   #9  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow, she sounds terrible. What do you get out of this friendship, besides potential revenge?
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #10  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Yikes, she sounds awful!!!! There was a woman I used to be 'friends' with who dropped me when I became thinner than her *eyes rolling out of my head* but what you're describing is abusive! With friends like that who needs enemies?!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #11  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Agreed. This woman is NOT your friend. Even without the put-downs, the fact that she physically knocked you down while "drunk and belligerent" and didn't even have the grace to be apologetic when told of it afterward should be more than enough reason to tell her to take a hike. Believe me, she'll find out you've lost weight without you actually having to stay in contact with her; that kind of news is prime gossip, and mutual friends will be happy to let her know for you.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/173/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacieRene View Post
I'm sorry...why are you friends with her? Doesn't sound too friendly to me. You're probably already 10x hotter than her. Being overweight does not make you ugly. But being a raging bee-otch does. IMHO, lol.

I was going to ask the same. Stop wasting your time, thatīs not a healthy friendship.
ielena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #13  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I vote to start buttering everything she eats.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #14  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket84 View Post
I vote to start buttering everything she eats.

That made me say: "Heeeeeeee!!"

Also, I agree with what most everyone has said. Friends don't talk to eachother that way. At least my friends dont. They know what's good for them. Were friends because were awesome, not because I make myself feel better because I "kicked" so and so when she was down. Stupid people who are like that.

And she pushed you down? Did you get up and kick her in the face? Because she deserved it, and still does, from the sound of it. Lord!

And: DO IT! Add butter to things, or sugar to things, lol... She'll never know.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

Thanks, everyone. This girl is really chock full o' nuts, and we aren't like, besties or anything. She was a college roommate for a year, but she is really unpleasant to be around so we don't hang out very often.

I don't mind one bit 'competing' with her once I get to my goal. I'll delight in seeing her suffer once I'm no longer the fat friend in our circle. I don't feel bad at all because of how rude she's been to me regarding my weight. I would never make the comments to her (or anyone) that she has made to me.

I'm positive that she enjoys that I'm the 'fat friend' because she feels she that makes her more attractive since she really has nothing else to hold over me. I still get more attention from men than she does despite the weight. I'm not unattractive at all, and I am a nice, pleasant person. She is miserable to be around and has a permanent look on her face like she just smelled a fart.

Obviously she's not the sole motivator in my weight loss struggle, its just one of the things that will make it a whole lot sweeter when I reach my goal. I just want to shake her whole world up when she no longer has weight to hold over my head.

Last edited by onherweighdown; 10-11-2010 at 04:00 PM.
onherweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote