Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/206/150

Unhappy Not a good day!!!

I am having a bad pity party for myself today! I just started and really want to just eat anything sweet I can get my hands on! I hurt my knee a couple of weeks ago and was hoping that it would be better by now. The only change since I got it drained and a cortisone shot is that it isn't swelling AS BAD. The scales haven't changed in a week (at least it hasn't gone up!). I haven't been to the gym in a week and feel guilty about that. I plan on going at noon, but I am actually feeling lazy and just don't want to go.

I just want to SCREAM!!!!

Jill
djg mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #2  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry Jill!

What are you planning to do at the gym today? There are a lot of upper body things you can do without straining your knee.
And good job on not gaining during this time! Since they keep telling us it's 80% nutrition and 20% exercise, you must be making some good choices.

I'm sure you will be able to get back into the swing!
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #3  

I am planning on doing the upper body circuit of machines. I was also told that I could ride the bikes at the gym on low tension. So after the machines, I plan on sitting with my book and riding until I can't go any more.

I have a mini goal of getting under 200 and only 7 lbs to get there. I just have no focus or motivation this week.

Jill
Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

*hugs* You can do it! Go even if you are feeling lazy about it, afterwards you will feel proud of yourself for doing it anyways. And if you give in to the lazy feeling not only will you likely feel guilty for giving in, its also that much easier to give in to it the next time, and the time after that etc.

Just think of those 7 lbs, you are so close to your mini goal, let that energize you through it!

pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #5  

Thumbs up

Did my workout! Even though I almost left before ever going inside the gym. Glad I went and boy have I missed the workouts all week!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #6  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Congrats on making it to the gym, it is the one thing that always makes me feel better
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

You should be so proud of yourself. Knee injuries are quite painful and make it difficult to do a lot of exercises but you're sticking in there and not falling off the wagon. Most people would have given up by now but you're staying strong and the fact that you haven't gained weight just shows how wonderful and determined you are. Way to go girl!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote