Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge 04/10/2010 - 10/10/2010

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!
__________________________________________________ _________

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID THE ZIP LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a truly amazing experience... sooo many accomplishments
- I realised I was not the biggest person there when I noticed how much he had to tighten my harness and that I didnt have a special harness
- I finally "let go" to go down the first zip line and said to myself "I am not 320 lbs anymore, I am not going to break this!"
- I needed someone to give me a push off for the first really long zip line (you couldn't see the other end!)...but I was alone...and then I found the strength INSIDE ME to do it!!!

I cannot tell you how amazing this felt... I have lots of bumps and bruises now to show for it and am wicked proud of each of them !

I am earning day 53 right now and feeling totally strong and amazing!!!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends as much as I did!!!!

WOOO HOOOO !!! WE ROCK!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #2  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning My Friends!

Kim, I am so proud of you!!! Congratulations for realizing some really great things about yourself!! I would be super proud of ever stinkin bump and bruise too!! GREAT JOB!!!!

I'm on day 51 today. It feels great to have been able to stay strong this long. I still think about binging at times, but I am finding the strength to resist and maintain my healthy lifestyle.

Let's make today great!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

LOL When I first saw this thread posted 4/10/10, I thought we were now in April or The Twilight Zone or something, but then I remembered HAPPY is from Canada. I didn't realize you posted your numbers differently. Silly me.LOL

HAPPY, congrats to you on achieving your goal and having an awesome weekend! What an accomplishment to have lost over 100 lbs. I'm truly amazed and inspired. I'm so glad you rewarded yourself with something you wanted to do. Congratulations again!

VIXSIN, Congrats to you also for finding your inner strength and developing healthier habits. I'm sooo proud of you. Can you imagine... it's almost 2 months binge-free. How much have you lost now?

As for me, I'm on Day 238! And I'm finally down 4 more ounces! Woo Hoo!

We're making healthy living a reality!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 10-04-2010 at 07:16 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

I'm back on the wagon, let's call this Day 4

Good luck to all!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #5  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Happymum - way to go on the zipline, I think that is just an awesome reward! Now I want to go do that, too!

Today is Day 57!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

I don't know if I can continue counting? Today and yesterday I ate over the amount of food that I planned, however, I wouldn't call it a binge, it was a littler over, not really out of control eating...

I guess it counts, so I'm starting over at Day 1 right now!!!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #7  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I'm starting day 1 tomorrow. I ate way too much the past 2 days, tonight was crazy. I didn't stuff myself til I was sick, didn't feel out of control either, but I was upset because our house got broken into. It's a long story, also having problems w/ my 25yr old son. Food was the only thing that made me feel better at the time. I'm over it now, I'm not weighing myself for the next couple days. I don't need to feel any worse than I already do. Back to healthy eating tomorrow, I'm promise.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Beth, that really wasn't a binge, so continue on as before.

Fruitlady, did't sound like you binged, so just continue on. What happened to you was really upsetting. I'm so sorry you got broken into. All the best to you.

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 10-04-2010 at 09:58 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

I'm back. I originally started posting here in February. I lost count of days without bingeing. It felt really good. I think I got (hmmm, lazy isn't the right word), maybe complacent. Anyway, I haven't had EXTREME bingeing like I know I'm capable of, but eating for the wrong reasons, watching TV or sitting here at the computer and mindlessly eating. Got to stop!!

I'm not counting today as Day 1, but looking forward to tomorrow!! Thanks for listening.
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #10  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

that zipline sounds soooo fun!

proud of everyone, if we've made it 1 day or 100, i'm proud of everyone!
it sounds like our neg. self talk is changing to positive. we have to stop beating ourselves up. sometimes we all stumble, but being healthy and losing weight is about getting up. recognizing how we feel, and improving a little bit each day. shortening the cycle of messing up, guilt, mess up again...instead pay attention when we are doing the behavior, binging, learn how to prevent it next time, and pick our selves up, bring back to self correction.
stumble, stop the guilt, self correct.

this isnt my own thoughts/ideas. its renee stephens from IOWL podcast.

1 month binge free + 1 day.
havent been feeling motivated at all to exercised, hardly w/o at all recently, but this makes me feel a little better. long term, this where its at! emotionally, most days i'm feeling good, and like i can do this as a lifestyle. thats what matters. if i dont lose another #, this is what matters. emotionally. when i dont have to worry about food or obsess. we're getting there 1 day at a time.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #11  
improving life!

got through Day3!
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #12  

earning day 54!!!

I cannot believe how "easy" this feels right now... like a nice, easy habit of healthy eating and exercise... How do I post pictures here - some of you have asked to see some Zip Line photos... I'd LOVE to share!

I am getting excited now about my next kudos - day 65, the anniversary of my divorce, I will ride a horse for the first time ever in my life...never even been on a pony!

I noticed, back in May when I stopped my longest binge free streak at 140 days, that I am better equipped to handle emotions now... the one emotion that seems to get the better of me is fear... In May I woke up 10lbs heavier one morning due to unknown swelling and it scared me. I thought I was dying or something horrible. Then I sprained my ankle in early June which scared me because I thought I couldn't work out. Not an excuse to binge: Although that is exactly what I used it for!

That is another reason I am picking kudos that are out of my comfort zone - to scare me...to help me feel that emotion without binging...

I remember when I first came on this thread early this year - it seemed like we were trying to pull up and help everyone... now it seems like we are mostly up and riding high...what a great feeling !!!!

I know it is only tues but i feel like this week is going to rock!!!

biggest hugs to you all!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #13  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Kim!!! Your words hit home for me today. Thank you for them.

I just posted pics in another thread and when you click "Post Reply", there is a paper clip up by where you can change the color of your font. click on the paperclip and upload your pictures.

I cant wait to see them!!! I am really excited for you. Really proud of how you are taking control of your emotions! Good for you!

Today is Day 52 for me and I am going to rock it. I am down a little on the scale this morning so that's nice too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/206/150

Height: 5'6''

hey, i've just started trying to lose weight (AGAIN!) and i've been on this forum before but not this part of it, so i dont know if this is the right place but i do tend to eat when i'm bored, lonely, angry etc and i'll pretty much eat whatever is there i weighed myself yesterday and got a fright and so far today so good i've not binged at all - unless lots of cups of tea count lol?
xxx
LesleyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #15  

Talking Zip Line Photos

Here are some photos from my adventure... (one of two posters)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5914.jpg (63.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5925.jpg (49.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5931.jpg (59.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5933.jpg (60.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5944.jpg (62.1 KB, 3 views)