Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

Default Have you had nightmares about regaining?

So, over the last year my husband has lost 60 pounds, and I've lost 103 or so. We've both hit our goal weights (more or less, I keep saying 10 more pounds, but who knows) and now we start the hard part: maintaining.

I've had nightmares and so has he, about regaining the weight back. He says he's caught me talking in my sleep, saying "please God, don't let me gain this weight back." Now, this is the third time I've lost this weight, and I think the first time I've really realized how precarious it is. How it's a day in, day out battle where EVERY bit of food must be planned, accounted for and owned. Maybe, I've finally gotten it through my head and these nightmares are my brain keeping me scared? Who knows!

Anyone else had nightmares about gaining your weight back?
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Not quite, but I have had nightmares in the same general neighborhood. Last night I dreamt that I got drunk at a party, ate my weight in junk food, and awoke the next morning (in my dream) to freak out about not knowing how many calories I had consumed. I used to have similar nightmares when I first went vegetarian and when I first quit smoking. It's been a few years now, and those dreams have tapered off, but I still get them occasionally!

I guess it just goes to show how much we really do think about our weight, even subconsciously.

Last edited by Nienna; 10-03-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I have had these nightmares. I had one just the other night, actually! I find I feel just that much better about achievements when I wake up!

I have lost weight many times in the past, but never this much! This is new territory for me and right now I'm pretty confident about my ability to keep it off. But I do have nightmares from time to time that it is all back. Usually it's because I've been sleeping heavily in one position too long and the old all-the-time ache has crept into my body while I've slept.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #4  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I dream of overeating, but not of being fat.

It upsets me so much that I'm relieved when I wake up, and even then, I still have a few minutes of residual guilt that carries over into my conscious hours. It subdues me & puts me on alert for the rest of the day.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #5  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I occasionally have binge dreams and wake up feeling horrible with the residual guilt Saef refers to. And when I do overeat I have night sweats, drenching my shirt and sheets.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I had a nightmare that I had regained 25 pounds... Oh wait, I woke up and it was true...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #7  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

OMGoodness YES! I LIVE in fear of it. I am up about 15 lbs from my lowest, but still in my range/BMI for my height, but scared to death about gaining. I am working at taking at least 10 lbs off again. It is tough to maintain, I will not kid you about that. Every morsel of food that goes into my mouth makes me think about it, yet I eat it anyway. I am so with you on this one.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote