Old 10-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/161/145

Height: 5'9"

Default WHY oh WHY can't I start again????

Hi everyone,

I started Medifast back in May. I followed it pretty close for 2 weeks, sort of close for 2 more, and then off and on for another month. I lost about 10 lbs. I then went off and gained about 3 back. Then started ww and have been about even for the last month.

I have about 7-9 lbs to lose.

I tried to start MF again this week and I'm just not doing well. I do OK until about 3 or 4 pm and then I eat an extra 2-3 MF meals and then blow it when I get home. Last night I snuck to the store and bought (and ate) a pint of ice cream. WAAAAY too many carbs and WAAAAAY too many calories. I lost 2 lbs the first 2 days but am back up like 3 now. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?

Can anyone help? Anyone experience something similar and can offer words of wisdom??

THANK YOU!!
skinnychicagogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #2  

• Are you drinking enough water?
  • Are you eating every 2-3 hours?
  • Are you tracking what you are eating on the mymedifast site? Sometimes the meals I pick do not combine well and I end up under in calories, proteins or carbs.

OTOH I know for me, if I don't track my every BLT (bite, lick, taste) I may end up going over in carbs. IF I go over in carbs, I get out of ketosis. When I get out of ketosis, I get hungry again.

I can stay not hungry by:
  • Drinking my water
  • Keeping calories between 800-1000
  • Keeping carbs under 100
  • Keeping protein at least 70
  • Eating every 2-3 hours
  • Drinking PLENTY of water (not soda, not tea, water)

If I don't follow any of the above, I get hungry and it takes 5-7 DAYS of doin' right to get back to not hungry (so I've learned it's REALLY not worth it to cheat). But when I'm doin' right, the scale rewards me.
Lilyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Medifast is not recommended for people with only 7-10 pounds to lose. I think it might be best for you to try another avenue, maybe calorie counting or South Beach.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote