Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Exclamation I've started to revert back to my old ways.

This is seriously hard for me to say. I've completely gone off my plan and started eating, 'binging', for weeks in a row. For the past four or so weeks I've been one an off, on and off eating the way I use to eat. The worst string was today and the past four days before it I've been eating, eating, eating. I'm so scared of how much I've gained, I'm so bloated all the time because of all the water weight I've put on and not to mention any weight-weight I've put on and it just makes me even more sad to think about so I eat even more. I'm seeing a therapist today and going to try to sort things out but I'm so bummed at myself. I sit here having had a massively horrible awful binge today and so, so depressed. I've tried 'jump-starting' things again; cutting out sugar, journaling, trying to distract myself from eating but no matter what I find myself binging and binging over and over again. I haven't exercised in weeks; I've become the one person I thought I'd never see again! I don't know what happened, I don't know where I am, but I need help so bad and I don't know where to start again.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Good job on at least recognizing that there's a problem. Kudos to you for seeing your therapist, too. I hope you can even out and get back on track. You've done so well and I wish you continued success!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #3  

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey, I've been through a similar thing! At least you are admitting you're doing it, that's amazing! I didnt, I would workout out then come back and eat "crap"! Not lose any weight and then claim I didnt know why i wasnt losing OR putting on weight! Anyway, hope things go well with the therapist. It's sometimes quite scary to go back to your old ways when you think you're rid of them for good.

Dunno what plan you've been on but the best advice I can give you is to reintroduce whateve you were doing gradually. I've found that for me that doing thid gradually works best. Maybe restart your diet, give yourself a few days then when you get a bit used to it start working out again , or the other way round! whatever works for you!

Good luck, keep posting, we're all here to help each other out!
Aly6690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

That's so hard....I know...I've been there many times. All I can suggest is (aside from what the other wise members have said) is that you think about how far you've come. You haven't undone as much as you think. I'd say step on the scale and recommit yourself. No matter what. Take it moment by moment and recommit yourself every single time. Remind yourself that this is a long road and it's about consistency more than motivation. Imagine how empowered you'll feel if you can overcome such a bump in the road. Ask yourself why you are hurting yourself. Do you feel that you don't deserve something? Do you feel comfort in your fat (I know I do...even though I despise it). Ask yourself because it's not about loving the food. You can love food and be healthy and of the weight you want. It's about the psychological aspect of food. What purpose does it serve? Is it numbing feelings? Sometimes, I'm stressed and I don't even recognize the emotion.

After a while, it becomes harder and harder to get back on track. But, it can be done! You CAN get back to what you were doing before. Write down everything you will eat for the next week. Keep busy. Get social with friends. Instead of meeting for lunch, meet for a walk or for coffee/tea. Read success stories. Work out and sweat a lot. Drink lots and lots of water. Do all the things that make you feel good. Reward yourself if you can. Change your inner dialog. Instead of being upset with yourself, treat yourself with compassion and understanding. Forgive yourself and move on. You can do this!!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #5  

I think school starting was a major trigger to my eating but...in my mind that makes, and does not make, sense because I started my diet (just calorie counting and exercise) during school and I did pretty fine then. Thank you for replying to me, encouraging me, because you do not know how badly I need something like this right now. I broke down to a teacher, a friend, and my mom and although they all tried to help I just feel like they don't get it because they aren't in the same boat as me, you know?
Old 09-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Are you feeling tired, honey? Unusually tense? What's wrong? Are you facing something that you feel like you just can't get a handle on, and your efforts seem futile?

Sometimes I binged when I was feeling powerless, or a little too removed from reality because I was so preoccupied with my various worries.

Can you just write out a list of all your worries, no matter how stupidly small they seem? Sometimes it's a lot of small things that add up to something that feels immense.

I'm starting to get like that myself this week, and I know that's when I find myself eating a moment longer than I'm supposed to, with my mouth going, my teeth chewing, my hand taking more, and my mind completely shut off. The thing that's different is, I know why. Yeah I do. I'm tense about a week-long vacation next week, the flight, sharing close quarters with cousins whom I don't know well. And in the meantime, work is whupping my butt. And I've been cooped up in my apartment too much, working from home, trying to get things done, which makes me a little crazy. I seem to crave experiencing some sort of sensation, then, to confirm I'm alive, and taste is one the things.

I remember hearing someone talking about cutting herself. She said: "I cut myself to feel something." Everyone around me was appalled, and could not understand it, but I related to it, weirdly, only my analogy was: "I eat to feel, and sometimes, not to feel, rather, not to feel anything but the eating -- just to obliterate everything but the sensation of something delicious inside my mouth."

But I only do that when something makes me want to escape, temporarily. As I said, sometimes it's not one big thing, it's just an accumulation of worries, one after another.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #7  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hang in there. School IS stressful at times. We are here for you
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #8  

I don't know if I, Saef, can exactly say that I...I feel out of control so I eat, or at least in the first place, but I think that it becomes, it has became, what you are saying. I'm tired all the freakin' time but I thought that was because of eating and gaining weight, the depression aspect of it. I completely get what you're saying and I think you are describing for the most part what I am feeling, experiencing.
Steelers Fan-
Thank you. I know I can too. I mean I did it once, right? And I was a lot farther back then. Thank you.
Thank you, you guys, for being here for me. I really appreciate it.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Just the simple fact that you are here shows that you still care and show that your NEW you is inside you...
Get right back in track NOW... not tomorrow, not after your appt. Do not wait one more minute!!!
I know what I am saying because I've been in your shoes... and the worst you can do is leave it to take action later.... Push yourself and do it NOW.

PS: I am going through this right now... I didn't totally gave up, but I am not as strict as I was before and it has been showing on the mirror and my clothes...
I got into thee point that I am not even weighting myself anymore afraid of what I will see at the scale. But I refuse to give up and am trying EVERY DAY to get back to my plan.
Some days I do better, some days I don't, but I wont give up!!! I'll die trying!!!

Last edited by belezura; 09-29-2010 at 04:28 PM.
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote