View Poll Results: What's your Body Mass Index?
Under 20 0 0%
Between 20 and 25 3 33.33%
Between 26 and 30 2 22.22%
Over 30 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 09:11 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking FRIDAY - yippee!

Morning girls,
Just getting the thread started. I bought some new electronic scales yesterday. i've been hopping on and off them ever since!! it's bad i know. from now on i'm only going to weigh myself once a week and write it down. but just so you know, my (adopted) cat weighs 8 pounds!! and my dressing gown weighs 4. hee hee. so since i'm on a weight theme, i thought i'd post a poll about BMI. for those who haven't a clue what i'm on about it's your Body-Mass-Index and gives an indication of whether you're at the right weight for your height. obviously it doesn't take frame size or muscles into account, so if you have a large frame or lots of muscles you'll be at the higher end of the scale. A healthy BMI is between 20 and 25. to work yours out you can divide your weight in kg by your height in metres squared or go to:
http://www.homanmd.com/bmi_pounds.htm
will reply properly later, gotta go work now.
kirsty
Old 10-25-2002, 09:23 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Does anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I'm planning a quiet evening in because I work all day tomorrow and then am going bowling with some friends. On Sunday, my grandparents arrive for a 3 day visit.

Kirsty - sounds like you're having fun with your new scales. Glad you found some you like.

Jess - How did WI go yesterday?

Belle - Did you try the veggie bake?

JenL - Hope your back is feeling better.

Kier - You sex kitten you. All these men throwing themselves at you! Seriously, I'm glad you're so happy with the way things are going with NF.

Hi to Jayne, Tonya, Cat, KT, Rina, Marcie and any one else that I'm missing.

Laura
Old 10-25-2002, 10:53 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hi good morning - good news! Carmen came off the respirator yesterday at noon - and is doing good! She is only on the medicine to get rid of extra fluids (in her lungs) which makes her pee alot, but she could go home on that if she was doing OK otherwise. We are hopeful that we can take her home for a year or so before her surgery! That would be ideal. I don't want to get too excited, but I have to admit I am excited....I just want her to be a healthy, happy little girl.

Anyway, I am super busy today and I want to get to a step class,so I'll chat with you girls later! I hope you all have a good OP day and weekend too!!

Oh and Kier - woo hoo on the NF! That's rad!!

Kier and Laura, I am going to journal religiously this weekend to ensure that I don't "choke" on the challenge.....

Be good at all your halloween parties!

Belle
Old 10-25-2002, 11:18 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

belle, that's great news about carmen.
laura, hope you enjoy bowling and having your grandparents to stay. are you close to them?
i'm off to see a play tonight - a streetcar named desire, with glenn close. hope it's good! and then saturday i'm going to visit friends from uni in oxford. i'm hoping to do a spot of shopping and get some knee-high boots and also catch up with lolly (if you're reading this lolly, come back and post!).
kier - it's looking good on the blokey front. nice one.
jenl - is 6 week's maternity leave common in the US? i think it's 14 weeks in the UK. not sure.
big hi to everyone else - where are you all hiding??
kirsty
ps i've decided i want to lose half a cat - ie 4 pounds. perhaps we should come up with names for various weight measures...so we can talk about losing a small child or a mouse or a bag of potatoes...any ideas?
Old 10-25-2002, 11:22 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. TGIF!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I have the months of Oct., Nov., Dec. at work. Way too stressful. It is our slow time, but other things make it stressful. Maybe because it is our slow time and we are a small business. Oh well.

My back in feeling a bit better. Have been limiting my lifting and that seems to be helping it. Bad thing... have lots to do this weekend to prepare for Emma's big 2 year old party. Ughhhhh.... It is raining/snowing here again today. But I think the rain will wipe out the snow and make everything muddy YUCK!!

Oh and My belly is really popped out. Have I said that before. Yowzers. I hope I am not gaining weight, but it doesn't look like that, it is just this big round belly. Hubby jokes that it is twins. But that doesn't run in either family and I hope not. Twins are a handful!!!! Tho it would be kind of cool. So I am definately in maternity clothes now.

Belle... GREAT news on Carmen. Hope she can come home soon.

Kier... Yowzers for you! Hope he remembers what he said during his intoxication!!! Good for you!

Kirsty... I love weighing things too. My cat is 9 pounds as of her last weighing on my scale! Can't weigh the dog tho, she is too big, but when she goes to the vet she ranges between 65-70 (70 in winter when she gets a bit pudgy!).

Laura, I am going to try that veggie bake. I bet queso instead of cheese whiz would add a little zip to it. Hubby hates veggies, but a cheese sauce he would like!

OK, back to looking like I am working!
Old 10-25-2002, 11:25 AM   #6  

Kirsty... posting at same time. 6-8 weeks is common here. But I have heard of people who don't get any maternity leave. My neighbor only took 4 weeks and it was all unpaid. YIKES!!! The US need major work on health and medical. I would love 14 weeks and still be guaranteed a job. Tho after off that long I may never come back!

I would love to lose an Emma (about 35 pounds!!).
Old 10-25-2002, 12:03 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Morning Gals!

How are you all today? In a few minutes I'm off for more weekly massage I need it too b/c this wass a super busy week at work and mow my arms are quite tired. I think I need to strengthen them some more. When I come back I promise I'll get those photos up. Today is looking good for day 5 OP For lunch we're having tomoato soup & a cajun chicken pita -YUM! For aupper I think we're having spaghetti & sauce. I cook the meat separately so I can measure it into my serving rather than trying to guess whenits all mixed together. Although a lot of the times DH ends up eating the meat b/c I'm not that big of fan & am very happy with tomato sauce loaded with veggies. We might have foccacia too but I don't know cuz I always go overboard with the oliveoil/vinegar dipping! It tastes so good

Kier! WOW on the NF news! That is so exciting! So now are you definitely calling him BF?

Jen, twins would be a lot of work but so much fun! You'll have to show us your cute PG belly Glad to hear your back is doing better. In my province (maybe even nationally) maternity leave used to be 6 months but now the rumor is they've changed it to one year paid by the government. Belle how is it in Alberta for your sister?

Belle, so glad to hear the news about Carmen! That's so great!

Kim, Glad to hear from you! I hope that even though you're busy you're still having fun getting ready for the wedding! A yoga party sounds like a blast!

Kirsty, I always look at the pounds of hamburger in the grocery store & think of how much it is when you even put ten of them together. Its alot of meat!

Laura are you glow bowling or just regular? I love glow bowling although we haven't gone in ages! Hope you have fun regardless. The bowling alleys here all have really cheap drinks & when I was still in the party phase we used to go glow bowling just so we could drink cheaply!!

Anyway I should run. I hope to see more faces when I get back. Talk to you all later!

-Rina
Old 10-25-2002, 12:15 PM   #8  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey ladies, long time no see. Things have been kind of hectic here. Aaron is finally on the mend from his ear infections, and last night he was up all night with a molar breaking through ( we could see the tips of it breaking through, and he had a little blood coming out of his mouth). I gave him tylenol, but I'm sure it doesn't even touch pain like that, poor baby!

I want to lose a kindergartener (about 45 pounds, would you say that's right?). Although the way I go, it's never going to happen. I know I need to go back to WW meetings to find my motivation, but right now all of our money is tied up in a short-term investment. We'll be sitting nice and pretty when the investment sells, but in the meantime, we're sacrificing all our pocket money and cutting things down to the bare minimum to take advantage of this "opportunity" (can you tell this wasn't MY idea???). So in the meantime I'm going to have to just suck it up and at least maintain.

Jen, I had sciatica all thru pregnancy with Aaron...do you think that's what you have? I went to a chiropractor and got massages and that really helped...they had this big squishy foam thing for all of the pregnant ladies to lay on...it was heavenly to lay on my tummy for that little bit! I hope this gets better for you.

Kirsty, my husband went to school in Oxford...funny story, you know how all the colleges look just alike there? Well, he and his friend were drunk as skunks, and they couldn't tell which college was theirs. They stand there for about an hour wondering which way to go. Finally, they jump into a taxi and ask him to take them there. He politely told them that they were right in front of it the whole time. Have fun up there!

Belle, I'm so glad that Carmen is doing well. Did I ever mention how pretty I thought her middle name was? I bet that's a big relief to you and your family. I hope things are going well with the man, as well.

Laura, have a great visit with your grandparents. That sounds like a lot of fun...I love it when mine come to visit. I am anxious to try your veggie bake when I can get to the store. It sounds nummers!

Ok, I'm home today and will check in between naps and laundry ( I may be kidding myself about the whole laundry thing, as I slept for about an hour last night... )

PS Kier, I am proud of you...would you call that a dirty pre-weekend? We want pictures of the boy!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 12:17 PM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi Rina, we were posting at the same time I think. It's nice to meet you. Your food plan for the day is inspiring me to make some healthy choices!
Old 10-25-2002, 12:40 PM   #10  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default I am still here

Hello all. Well, I have not been around here for a while. But I have been thinking of you all. Kirsty...you are the one that got me started thinking about this group. Were you on So graham Norton? Anyway, I know you were on some show in UK a few times and did some crazy stunts or such. There is an ad for SO Graham Norton on BBC America here that has a flash of a girl that looks just like your pictures! So everytime I see that ad (which is every day as I am always watching Changing Rooms) I think of you and think I should get over here and see what is up. Glad to see so many people are still around.

As for me, I am doing great. Just an update, I use to post here all the time. Then I became a SAHM and I just don't get on the internet that much anymore. Alex is almost 10 mo. and is doing great! I still have a little bit of baby weight to get off and then like 20Lb that I gained right before I got PG...so I have a way to go. Oh well.

Hello to you all. JenL...If i don't get a chance to e-mail, have a great Emma Birthday!!!

Trish
Old 10-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Hi Trish! We missed you! Are you back for good again?

Well, I am off to Yoga for lunchhour....

I have a question - for those of you doing halloween stuff this year, what are you going to be?

I am going to be Hermione from Harry Potter and b/f is going to be Adam Sandler's Operaman....

belle
Old 10-25-2002, 02:29 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - So much to read. I can't wait for the weekend. My first Halloween party is Saturday. I bought yellow contacts and I have these cool fangs that were molded for my teeth and then I wear a sexy dress and dark red nail polish and go as a female vampire (or Succubus - but I'm not sure on the spelling). My other costume this year that I will wear to work is a set of blue flannel PJs with clouds all over them. I carry a spray bottle with me and when anyone asks what I am I spray them and say "partly cloudy chance of showers" - it's fun. I enjoy Halloween.
OK - too much work to catch up on today - I'll check in later.
Hi Everyone!
KT
Old 10-25-2002, 02:41 PM   #13  

HI TRISH!!!! Glad you were able to pop in. Email when you get a chance and give Alex a big hug for me! He is growing so fast!!!

I basically fell asleep at my desk. Did the little head nod thing. Ughhh... Hate that, but I am so tired today and being PG makes it worse!

Jayne, I don't think I have sciatica because this is from an equestrian (love that word) injury when I was in college. So I have scar tissue in my lower back. Now that Emma is such a chuck and moving things around the house now that it is finished, I think I majorly aggrevated it. I didn't have much back pain when PG with Emma until the end weeks, but I also wasn't carrying a 2 year old toddler either. So I have to limit myself.

I don't think I am going to be anything this year for Halloween. No parties for me. We are taking Emma Trick or Treating to a couple places, but I don't think I will dress up. She is going to be Minnie Mouse!
Old 10-25-2002, 03:14 PM   #14  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Last night my class was having its Halloween party (we won't meet next week so that the lil munchkins can go trick or treating) and I wasn't in costume...they were so shocked. So I told them that I was dressed as a teacher...they bought it. I'll probably once again dress as a teacher when I take my little bumblebee out trick or treating.

Our Senator, Paul Wellstone died here in a plane crash this morning...I was going to go to the gym this afternoon if I wasn't too sleepy, but now I'm kind of glued to the TV...wondering who will be on our ballots in a few days!
Old 10-25-2002, 03:45 PM   #15  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default The Devil is Back!

This time in the form of homemade brownies! I've got WI tomorrow and would like to eat some dinner tonight so please send me diet coke vibes.

No time to respond to everyone, I'll try and check back in later.

Laura
Closed Thread