Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #1  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

Default patience low, weight high, TOM is a coming....loosing faith

hey all, im woring really hard, run 5/7 times a week, trying to cycle calorie around 1500-1800 and doing daily exercises also. Im drinking and watching my protein levels as a veggie.
But im getting impatient and im not seeing results i want I know it takes time, but i get so frustrated seeing other people looe so fast, and friend of mine loosin weight without doing any exercise. Its rediculous how my body seems to really want to stay at this size, but as soon as i start to eat normally again ill gain weight.

urgh, im feelin un motivated and angry. any advice to shake things up?
should i try a detox?
should i stop working out and focus onlyon diet to loose? only problem with that is i need to workout to be fit for my degree in physical theatre, andi need to be lighter to be lifted, 177 is just too heavy for other women to lift.
i need some advice im determined to loose soon..... this is just so hard.....

free x
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Honestly... you're at a healthy weight for your height currently. That's probably why it's not coming off very fast.

Knowing that all our bodies work differently and I'm no expert (just been doing THIS for a long time)... if it was me I would back off the cardio a bit, focus on strength training, and make sure you're getting a higher protein than carb balance.

Best of luck!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:58 AM   #3  
gracey

thanks i think im more like 5 10 according to doctore, my body fat is 30% really wanna get hat down, and my healthy bmi suggsts i should loose 7lbs. i think once im into that range i wont worry a huge amount. just wanna get there at least.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:27 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethetoys View Post
Its rediculous how my body seems to really want to stay at this size, but as soon as i start to eat normally again ill gain weight.
Okay, this sentence rang out to me. As soon as you start to eat normally again, you'll gain weight....

The whole idea here is to create a NEW NORMAL. There can be no going back to the old ways, the ways that got you to be obese. Because if you go back to eating that way, you'll go back to weighing what you did.

Maintenance doesn't look all that different from weight loss. There isn't much of a transition. You'll still need to eat healthy foods in healthy portions, you'll still have to avoid 95% of the food that's out there in the world, you'll still have to plan ahead, you'll still have to exercise. The difference will be a few extra calories every now and than.

That's why we say, we are changing our life styles. For life. We're changing how we deal with food - permanently. Or at least as long as we want to stay slim for.

Please pop on over to the Maintenance Forum and hang out. You'll get a good glimpse of what keeping the weight off is like. Maintenance lasts a lot longer than the weight loss portion of the journey. You will find this forum very valuable. I surely do.

As far as it going slowly, well yes, you are very close to goal. It's going to take patience, persistence and consistency. Instead of staying between 1500 - 1800, you may want to keep it to a max of 1600, if you are impatient that is. That would most likely get the scale moving at a faster speed.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Ditto Robin 100%. My normal is very different from what it used to be and that's the only way I can maintain.

You're also running an awful lot, I'd say too much. I'm a runner myself and I think the general rule of thumb is 4-5 days of running with some cross training mixed if you want more exercise. Running is pretty taxing on your body and you need time to recover. When your body is stressed/overtrained it will do strange things with our weight. How far are you running?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

yupp...
The closer you are to "normal" the less food you need. I would also recommend sticking to the lower end of your calories, (if you want to get the rest off a little faster). I would also back off on the 7X week running. Give yourself a few days off in the running department.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #7  
gracey

i only run 4-5 times a week about 30-40 mins which is only about 3.5 miles. not far or fast, but alot of hills wher i live.
thanks for the advice, i know i have to adjust my bad habits definetly, itsthe idea that normal can include a treat, a glass of wine, a meal out , a meal without saying no because its got something init, that type of normal is what i meant. Since i startd this diet and lost the majority of the weigh i know since then i cant eat certain foods or shouldent, my vision is changed forever, mayb it just needs more tweaking.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethetoys View Post
i only run 4-5 times a week about 30-40 mins which is only about 3.5 miles. not far or fast, but alot of hills wher i live.
thanks for the advice, i know i have to adjust my bad habits definetly, itsthe idea that normal can include a treat, a glass of wine, a meal out , a meal without saying no because its got something init, that type of normal is what i meant. Since i startd this diet and lost the majority of the weigh i know since then i cant eat certain foods or shouldent, my vision is changed forever, mayb it just needs more tweaking.
You can enjoy these foods within your calorie budget if you wish. Some people cannot say yes to these foods if they have some kind of food addiction (just like an alcoholic cannot just budget "one drink"), but if you do not have that issue, you can make room.

For example, if you want a glass of wine, cut 85-100 calories off breakfast in anticipation of the one glass of wine. Calories in, calories out. It WILL take some planning.

Unfortunately, for some of us, we can't have our cake and be slim too. Some of us really do have to say no for the rest of our life. Once you have been losing for a while or have reaped the benefits of maintenance, it is easier to say no.

That's a lot of exercise and that's fine - but the calorie deficit is the only path to losing the weight. However you choose to do it is up to you, but in the end, all weight loss comes from the kitchen.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

and how long have you been in a deficit? It took me over 6 weeks to see any tiny results - and after several months, comparison pictures are really starting to show a true picture.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #10  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Everything rockinrobin said!

And dont give up. Just be a little more compassionate towards yourself. We all have moments where it seems like too much work for too little result. This usually means we need to either reset expectations to be more realistic or change what we are doing to improve results (or a combo of both).

Keep up the workouts, and see if any modifications can be made to spice things up. Our bodies do adapt to the same type of thing.

Re-evaluate your food. Not the calorie range, but the content. Especially if you are going for athletic level body and performance you need to be eating amazing - and you need carbs! Think steel cut oatmeal, fresh berries, flax seed oil, omega rich fish, wide variety of produce in all colors, zero processed food, almonds, etc.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote