Old 09-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/206.8/176

Height: 5'10

Default Loose skin after weight loss..

Do any of you have problems with loose skin and have you done anything to prevent it?

Personally, I do not have this problem yet, but I might in the future...
GoalDec20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalDec20 View Post
Do any of you have problems with loose skin and have you done anything to prevent it?

Personally, I do not have this problem yet, but I might in the future...
Nothing you can do to prevent it ... it's a combination of factors. The biggest one is genetics. Age is also a factor (your skin loses elasticity as you age), how much weight you lost also plays a part. You will just learn to make peace with it if it's something you have to deal with. Some people opt for plastic surgery, but for most it's not an option, as insurance doesn't cover it (usually) and it's pricey.

It's difficult. I struggled with it when I lost weight the first time -- I HATED how I looked in the mirror. I will probably struggle with it again if I ever lose the weight again.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I just figure I will cross that bridge WHEN and IF I get there. First things First!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

I plan to do plastic surgery when I get to goal. I'm too young for my body to look like this lol
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #5  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I was worried about this, I'm only 29 and would love to be able to wear a bikini again- I've been drinking tons of water and also using coco butter all over my body, but I've always put lotion on my entire body every day. I do have a teeny bit of saggy skin- nothing terrible yet. My tummy is my main problem area, I'm sure there will be some saggy skin there when I'm at goal or lower as I don't think I'll be content at goal weight....but you know what, I'm healthier, happier and feeling stronger mentally and physically than I have in years so I try not to let it bother me so much.....another thing I think is that I would like to get pregnant in the next two or three years and that alone will probably do a bit of a number on my tummy so why sweat the inevitable.
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #6  

Thank you ladies for your response. Do any of you already see loose skin as you have lost some weight? I want to compare after how many lbs saggy skin has appeared in different individuals.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I have some in my upper arms and stomach (I've had 2 kids, also). I attribute a lot of the stomach sag to too much wine - I've heard that it goes straight to your stomach. I'm 6'1" and am 37 years old. Most everything has snapped back pretty well. I take MSM which "supposedly" helps - I'm doing everything I can!! :-)
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Don't worry about loose skin! Loose skin is way easier to camaflouge than being obese or fat!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 243

Height: 5'5.5

I think about it but honestly I'd rather deal with the skin then the fat in it! I'm hoping to cross that bridge when I get there.
GeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

My neck doesn't look like I would like, but then again I am almost 58. My neck is truly much smaller than when I started so it still looks better. However, if it continues to change along this route, I will likely be looking for a way to make improvements -- besides the turtle necks I love to wear in the winter! Summer is a different ballgame so no turtle necks then!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #11  

I personally believe that people should do whatever makes them happy! I would not do surgery under any cirumstences, but I am in my 20's and do not think I will have a huge amount of skin, and whatever I have, will tighten with time. I have a co-wroker who lost a lot more weight than I have to lose, and he said it was a problem with him for a little bit, but it all came back. Now he looks great (mid 30's).
Old 09-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #12  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
My neck doesn't look like I would like, but then again I am almost 58. My neck is truly much smaller than when I started so it still looks better. However, if it continues to change along this route, I will likely be looking for a way to make improvements -- besides the turtle necks I love to wear in the winter! Summer is a different ballgame so no turtle necks then!
I recommend you read Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad about My Neck and Other Thoughts on Being a Woman. It is hilarious! http://www.amazon.com/Feel-Bad-About.../dp/0307264556
It follows the same lines as Anita Renfroe's "Wrinkled Ladies" video on YouTube. Great humor!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #13  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
I recommend you read Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad about My Neck and Other Thoughts on Being a Woman. It is hilarious! http://www.amazon.com/Feel-Bad-About.../dp/0307264556
It follows the same lines as Anita Renfroe's "Wrinkled Ladies" video on YouTube. Great humor!
Thanks ladystarrider. I will check this out. And I love Anita Renfroe. Just saw her at Women of Faith! She is hysterical. Have you ever seen her perform, "YOU RAISE ME UP" OMGOSH
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #14  

Anita Renfroe is the best -- she came to our church a couple years ago. Always good for a "pick me up".
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post
I have some in my upper arms and stomach (I've had 2 kids, also). I attribute a lot of the stomach sag to too much wine - I've heard that it goes straight to your stomach. I'm 6'1" and am 37 years old. Most everything has snapped back pretty well. I take MSM which "supposedly" helps - I'm doing everything I can!! :-)
What is MSM?
obiwaunkanoe is offline   Reply With Quote