General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

Default Buying jeans is so traumatic!

I want to buy a pair of jeans. I tried on Levis in various sizes and most of them wouldnt even go past my knees! the few that I managed to pull up I could barely zip up and forget about breathing. So depressing! Also why are they all so low cut? I tried medium cuts and they still seem too low. Ok, so I admit part of it is me. I still need to lose weight and i tend to have lower belly fat but normal pants sizes 12-14 fit me but jeans... size 18 was too tight! I hate buying jeans! I actually get anxious when I see it and all the different types and I dont understand the sizes and I HATE it when some skinny chick w perfect bbody comes up to me and goes "so waht's your size" because I dont really know and always go higher than I think and htne have to go higher than that and it still doesnt fit, so I end up walking shame faced out of the store.

Maybe I'll wait till I get to my goal before buying jeans... also does anyone else wants to pig out after unsuccessful clothes shopping? For some reason trying clothes that dont fit, always trigger the binge urge in me. I didnt give in, but it was definitely there! So weird.
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hang in there! The fact that you didn't binge after when it's a trigger for you, is a huge success! You are not alone in that. It's stressful to have that happen, and stress is a trigger for a lot of people.

Even at my heaviest, I embraced the lower cut/rise. With the right size, I don't think they look bad.

My favorite jeans by far, are from Maurices. They have an entire plus size area ( I'm not sure what size you are-but their plus size starts at 14 ) http://www.maurices.com/family/index...goryId=3846716

And their junior jeans have some 15/16, an 17/18 sizes.

I'm also a fan of Torrid jeans.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #3  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hey!!
Same thing happens to me, and I carry most of my weight on my thighs and butt... And at least for me Levis is the worse, I can buy jeans from other brands just fine, but Levis is always a nightmare...

Do you have Zara in New Zealand? I found their jeans to fit me perfectly and they arenŽt low rise...

I also tend to want to binge whenever I go clothes shopping and end up with larger sizes then what I first tought. I guess is a residual mechanism that we have to work on, the old if "IŽm sad food will make me happy, it will give me instant gratification"... but what we should want is long term gratification, and that can only come if we take care of ourselves...

DonŽt let a pair of jeans get in the way... youŽve accomplished soooooo much already!!!! My God, you lost 15kg !!! And that is truly awesome ! In no time youŽll be fitting into those damn Levis!!!!
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #4  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I HATE shopping for jeans! I try to guess big and then get upset when even those are too tight... so I know what you mean. I have given up on them for now. I have one pair that I like (levis from Walmart of all places) and I just wear those all the time.

I'm waiting until I am smaller to even look. Even thought I already own like 15 pairs... all in various sizes. I can go shopping in my closet.. haha
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #5  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Quote:
Even thought I already own like 15 pairs... all in various sizes. I can go shopping in my closet.. haha
HEhehe, Me too!! I have jeans to wear from here to goal already !!
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #6  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah, Levi's are the worst! Funny, that's all that I wore in my college days though-haha.

Here's a fun site from Old Navy:
http://www.bootyreader.com

Good luck with your search and don't get discouraged.
Alot of times when I go shopping, I come home empty handed.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote