South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Tangy Thursday: Thursday Chat

I ended up making the beans earlier this morning, yes u read right! I had a nap yesterday so tiredness isn't too bad. I've got to see my therapist today. Happy Beaching all!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and thanks for starting us up, Opie. When DO you sleep?

It's Harvest Moon tonight. I'm hoping it's a clear night so I can enjoy it from the back deck after tonight's Fair Board meeting. It's supposed to be a bit warmer today so that just may happen. This is such a strange fall. I'm starting to get worried about the kind of winter we may have.

Today I do a rush trip to Kingston to pick up my new sewing machine and also get some backing for that quilt I need to hand in to Victoria's Quilts next week. (We back all our quilts with flannelette for cozy comfort.) I'd kind of hoped to make a day of it in town but need to get home for the Doggage. Donna's usually here on Thursday mornings but she has to work at the Diner this morning. I guess I'll make another shopping trip to Brockville over the weekend for the odds and ends I need for my trip. Today will be two hours of driving for one hour of shopping.

I checked my veggie garden yesterday and think my tomato plant has finally stopped producing. The Swiss chard is still going strong though. What a plant! I need to freeze some of it and hope to get that done this weekend - after I finish with the cauliflower. Hmmm - the weekend is way too busy so I'd better get it done today.

It's still pitch black out there but I'll get the trash organized ready to go to the curb at first light. It can't go out in the evening because of the roving furries - coyotes and raccoons these days.

Happy Thursday.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Thursday!

A very happy Thursday for me, as today is my Friday, and I also have Monday off. After that, though, I'll be putting in some long days at the farm until Cindy gets back from S. Africa.

It's still pitch dark outside here. Jake and I were sitting out on the sunporch last night and commenting on how round and full the moon was, and I'm looking forward to seeing that Harvest Moon tonight. I was noticing on my way home yesterday that some of the trees are starting to change colors.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Okie, I'd like to get you to come do some cooking for me at my house!
Ruth, I've never frozen swiss chard... I need to check into that. Ours is still going strong too.
Cottage, our leaves are starting to change too. It seems too early, but I guess I feel that way every year.

Tangy Thursday is Field Trip Thursday for me. We're taking the kids to Ricker Hill Orchards, and it's always a really good field trip. We'll see the apple packing room, watch them make cider, visit a petting zoo, play in a maze made from hay bales and a few other things like that in the morning. Then after a picnic lunch we'll go into the orchard and pick apples. There's lots of walking involved though.

I weighed 210 when we went last year and I got so tired going up and down the hill taking kids to the bathroom all day last year. I was shocked - and scared by how worn out I got. As a matter of fact, that's what finally convinced me to get serious and dump my extra weight. I started SBD a few weeks later.

OK, enough reminiscing! Enjoy your Thursday friends.

Last edited by Heidi58; 09-23-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another lovely day at the coast, though more normal temperatures today. Yesterday started with lots of plans and ended up being a relaxing day of walking and birdwatching. Today will be similar but end with dinner in town with a birder friend.

Okie - Hope it's a good day for you

Ruth - Will you be able to resist the lure of the new sewing machine? I dried chard last year and froze a little. The dried was good in stews but the frozen was better as a side dish.

Cottage - I've been noticing some early color at home for a couple of weeks. I'm sure that it will be brighter after a week away.

Heidi - I loved orchard trips when I was in the classroom. I still go 4 or 5 times just by myself but they are quicker and less fun. Happy healthy orchard walking

I think I'll start with a beach walk this morning. Have a good day Chicks
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I'm so glad you are having such a nice vacation. A day at the beach sounds just perfect to me. Enjoy every precious moment of it.

Heidi, just look at how far you've come since then! Congratulations! Have lots of fun at the orchard today, and be very careful of bees. They're crazy this time of year.

Ruth, your post made me go down to the garden to check my chard, and I picked a nice bunch to have for supper, along with an acorn squash. Have a safe trip to Kingston today!

I have my squash baking in the oven right now so that it won't take so long to make supper when I get home tonight. This is the first one I've eaten from my garden, so I'm eager to see how it turned out. I have lots of butternut and spaghetti squash, and they've been delicious. We're still getting a few tomatoes, but they're not as big as the previous ones, and I have 2 zucchini coming on, too. They should be ready for picking in another day or so.

Well, I'd better go get ready for the day. Have a great day, Chickies!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I woke up the first time at 2 and decided to try for more sleep since I stayed up late last night. I think I'll go find some coffee and see how the day looks outside. We've been getting rain the past few days. I need to get my act together and get the pups out for a walk.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all.

Heidi - what a difference a year makes!

I am heading up the HS this morning to meet with my son and his counselor about college apps. Unfortunately this year they changed how they do this - in the past there was only one specific college counselor and we have met with her and our teen twice already, formed a relationship, and she knows us well from our older son. But now she will not be my son's counselor anymore so we hope the guy who doesn't know him from Adam can write him a decent recommendation. Sigh. Sorry to whine. Poor guy always gets the short end of the stick at his school.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/148/140

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, I have seen an "orange" moon before and never realized it had a name. What causes this? I will have to take the kids outside and have a look this evening.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm sorry Karen. Your son's current counselor can still write him a recommendation. Heidi, good job for taking action! Debbie, take care and I am an ok cook.
Closed Thread