Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Gallstones....

I've been having "attacks" for a year and a half. Stomach pain, nausea, dizziness, chest pain, feels like my heart is pounding. Always thought it was anxiety since it would disappear after about an hour or two hours. The middle of August I had DH bring me to emergency because of the horrible stomach pain, nausea, chest pain, dizzines, etc. I was diagnosed with GERD and sent home with zantac. Next morning I woke up with super duper nausea, vomitting, abdominal pain, dizziness. Pain way worse than childbirth. Went to emergency five times over a week and was finally put on the wait list for an ultrasound. Two weeks later I went for an ultrasound and it was discovered I have many stones, largest being 1.8 cm's.

For over a month now I've been taking gravol for the nausea and percoset for the pain. I had to go on the wait list to see the surgeon and now I'm on the wait list for surgery. I have found NO foods that trigger these attacks. Yesterday I ate vegetable soup, a few saltine crackers, and steamed zucchini. THat's it and I still got smacked with an attack.

I went back to emergency this morning and the doctor wants me to try an antinausea medication that starts with an M. I can't remember the name. I'm scared to take it. I'm already feeling really depressed because of the ongoing nausea and pain and this medication is known to cause depression, anxiety, and restlessness. The gravol takes the edge off, but the nausea is defenitely still there. Doctor put a fax in to the surgeon requesting my surgery date be moved up in priority, but I doubt that'll accomplish anything.

So since fat doesn't seem to trigger an attack, I'm really not sure what I should be eating. I've lost 26 pounds in a month. I'm not skinny so I have plenty of reserves....but that kind of weight loss in such a short time really negatively impacts the energy levels. Blah.

Anyone been there done that????
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I don't have any suggestions, but hope you get the surgery soon! Best of luck.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #3  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

While I have been told I have gallstones through and U/S, fatty foods was my trigger. I'm able to avoid attacks by steering clear of super fatty things. Don't hurt my feelings any. I actually wonder if I may have passed the stones because there's been a few times I wasn't so good and came out alright. I'm not willing to test that theory though lol.

You are absolutely right about that pain though. I went to ER last November because I swore I was having a heart attack. Nothing compares to that pain. They did my ultrasound while I was in the ER.

I can't imagine how frustrating it is for you to have no specific trigger. I wish you the best of luck and hope you're better soon.

Last edited by julie99s; 09-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote