Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 07:41 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, October 23rd

A Quick Hello !!

Boss is back today until Friday afternoon WAHHHH.

TTYLater, Love Leenie
Old 10-23-2002, 09:57 AM   #2  

In upper Wisconsin, SEVEN inches of snow came down. Good Lord, it's cold! Am hoping that the usual pattern is going to follow. For a past few years, we've had cold Falls and warmer than average Winters. I 've gotten spoiled cause I don't have to wear long underwear. Like that. By the time I get the jeans, long underwear and panties down, I don't have to go to the bathroom anymore.
Other than the usual, nothing new!

Now......where are LindaT and SweetPea???????
Old 10-23-2002, 10:21 AM   #3  

Nasty day in the south. Rain and hot. Really didn't want to get out of bed to work out this morning but I forced meself knowing that I would feel better and I do. I finally made an appt. with my doctor about my depression issues. The more I think about it, it might be a social anxiety problem. I guess I have to wait until Tuesday to find out.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:16 AM   #4  

Good for you!
Old 10-23-2002, 12:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey there girlies!

A quick hello, fixing to run errands in the rain at lunch. It been raining since Saturday and suppose to rain thru Monday, so you either run them in the rain or they don't get done.

Kempyd - I just noticed you are in Louisiana - ME TOO - wheres about are ya girlie? I'm in Lake Charles! way cool!

Everybody be good!

later gaters!

Cathy
Old 10-23-2002, 12:54 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girlies (yes she's in a meeting )

Kemped, I'm so glad to hear your going to the Dr...YEAH !!!
I also have a social anxiety problem, and its becoming more and more predominate to me..... I am working really hard at not letting it control me.... it seems the older I get the more it happens ...... Let us know what the Dr. Says...

Cathy don't forget your Rain makes me cranky

Tippy every time you mention snow I could <--- and thats not a dance

Love Leenie
Old 10-23-2002, 01:23 PM   #7  

Default I have a few minutes...

Hi Ladies,

Another Hump day... all downhill from here until the weekend!! 2.5 days!

Nothing new.. work, home, eat, sleep, exercise, computer, cat. I'm getting my flu shot today.. a couple of people in my department have been sick with something yucky. One person was out an entire WEEK! Since I don't have any sick or vacation time here, missing a day of work is missing a day of pay. I am taking every precaution possible. Someone tell me that someday I'll have a real job again? This is getting pretty awful

Kem, welcome to our little funny farm. Glad you are seeing a doctor. I was diagnosed with both anxiety and depression 8 years ago. It seems they both can rear their ugly little head from time to time. The med I am on, Serzone, is primarily an anti d, but does have some treatment for anxiety issues. It is working well for me. I get twinges of anxiety, but no real problems/attacks since I've been on it. Of course I have to get poked by a medical vampire once a year since this med can have liver implications ( they ALL seem to have some sort of side effect potential), but aside from that it is great.

The rest of you have missed a very full chat room the past two nights. They start trickling in about 8pm Pacific time, which I know is really late for most of you. Anyway, its fun seeing people. It's a shame it takes a threat of losing chat to get people to come back...
Old 10-23-2002, 02:06 PM   #8  

Cathy I am in Ponchatoula. Please tell me you know where that is. I see a couple of us LA gals here on the site. I am conviced it is this food here. It will get everyone!
Old 10-24-2002, 09:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Yes I know where that is. You know where Lake Charles is? wonder how many hours a drive it would be between the 2 of us?

Yes the food in Louisiana is the best tasting and the worst for you! haha I guess you heard that Louisiana has the highest obesity rate in the US??? wonder why? hehe nice to meet another Louisianan (is that a word)?

take care,
Cathy
Closed Thread