General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Are there cheap versions of a vibration/shake plate? Not weight related

Please don't laugh. But I really, REALLY need to find a cheap version (used or whatever), poor quality I don't care, of these vibration/shake plates.

I have a 3 month old who will NOT sleep (I'm talking 1-2 hour battles each nap/bed time) without being bounced/vibrated on my knee. My leg hurts.

I really want to try this, I think it may work, LOL. I see some are very expensive but I just want a cheap one. Even a rental is fine??

Please help me, LOL. I am so exhausted.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Aww, do you have something like Craigslist? or have you tried Amazon, or Ebay? I get lots of great deals from there!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #3  
Workin' It

My mom says that she used to turn on the washing machine and sit my infant carrier on top if it. The vibration made me drop off to sleep.

How about one of the bouncer swing things with the vibrator motor? I'm picturing the one from the Sex In The City episode, but we had one that was a metal frame that sat on the floor and it bounced up and down. Also had one that hooked to the top of the door frame and was on a rope with a spring at the top?
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #4  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

They used to sell vibrating thingies that you attach to the baby's crib.
Check on babies r us, or someplace that sells baby stuff.

Good luck
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote