Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Default First meeting :)

Well I did it! I went to my first meeting on Wednesday night! I went grocery shopping right after and loaded up with all sorts of yummy point friendly foods and have done two full days of point counting. So far so good!! I need to up my water intake, a lot. but that will come in time, water and me have always had a love hate relationship. I am pretty happy about this and looking forward to change!!!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #2  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Congratulation, Jenny! I can relate as I went to my first meeting four days ago. it was embarrassing because my mom went with me, and signed me up. I thought she'd stay with me, but she left. I was very happy to be there and know it is a great step!

I have always drank so much water, and it will become second nature to you as well once you start drinking it. I know people that put crystal lite in their water because they find water to bland.

How are you finding the points system? I am really enjoying tracking all my food, and eating more healthy to reach my points. There is a lot of good foods that are high in fiber out there. I am on my way to becoming a health nut! Eventually it'll become second nature, and easier to know how much we should be eating.. Good luck on your goals! If you need a buddy I can be here for ya.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #3  

YAY a newbie like me!! Yah I went to the first meeting alone, which was really hard for me, I can be very shy in new situations to the point where I just won't go and do it, but this time, I thought, no, enough is enough, I need to do this for me! Next week a friend of mine might come with me, but even if she doesn't I am ok now lol

The first day with the points I was totally unbalanced. I didn't bring enough filling food to work with me and was starving when I got home for dinner, plus I had way too many points left at the end of the day, not good either. Today I planned it out a bit better and ran out of points by 8pm at night. I think I may go to bed soon so I don't get tempted lol

I have done the crystal light thing too and it is helping. I am weird, if I have my favorite water bottle with me, I will drink the water, if I have to drink it from a glass, I don't drink enough! Sooo the thought just came to me- I am going to go get a duplicate 'favorite' water bottle this weekend and leave it at work so I am never without!!

I am happy to find someone new going through this journey with me!! We can do it!!
Old 09-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #4  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations to both of you! I really like the meetings, and find them to be a great source of support. Even if you start off not knowing people you'll make friends. I look forwards to getting to see my Weight Watcher's buddies every week. My mom is doing WW too (but in a different city) and she actually has a brunch group with a bunch of the other ladies from her meeting.

Good luck!
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #5  

Thanks!! I feel like I am eating soooo much, how will I ever lose weight?? But I am eating good food not the normal crap I eat. (ie FAST FOOD) I must admit I am addicted to fast food, so this is new for me but I am ready for it! I made a recipe out of the 'week one' book I got at my meeting, even my husband loved it! I had whole wheat pasta for the first time too and it was gooooddddd! Still slow with the water...sigh, but it will come too. I need to start working on something physical too, walking, hiking or something, one day at a time!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #6  
Back at It!

Thanks, MsGenghisCohen! It is good to hear from someone who has made use and likes the meetings! How long have you been going? Congrats on your weight loss!

JennyT, good to hear that you've made some healthy choices other than fast food. I found that it took a few days to figure out portion sizes and how much I should be eating to get to my points. Tomorrow is my meeting and I'm super excited to get on the scale (I never thought I'd say that). I feel like I lost some weight this week, as I stuck to my points, and ate 15 out of my 30 weekly point allowance. I think planning what we eat is a big part of staying on track. I am not so good at planning my meals, as I was used to eating on the go, and not planning or overeating/bingeing. I have found some healthy stuff to eat including Kashi Cinnamon cereal with raspberries on top and 1% milk. I also like the Fiberone bars, and skinnycow ice cream bars as snacks. Today, I had a beer, but I planned it into my points and I thought to myself, what diet would allow me to drink a beer..haha. I will try not to make that a regular habit though. What type of food are you eating?

How's the water intake going? I need to up my exercise next week. I find walking at this time of year to be refreshing. Keep it up! We can do it!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #7  

Hey! The water intake is going good!! I haven't used up any of my weekly points yet, and actually only reached my daily points once. I seem to have too many left at the end of the day and can't make them up at night. I have found that I like to 'graze' rather than eat big meals. I have discovered vitamuffins, soo good and the muffin tops are only 1 point! And they are chocolate! I had a fiberone bar today and it was really good too! I have been snacking on strawberries and grapes, whole wheat crackers with salsa too. At dinner I have been pairing everything with steamed mixed veggies. Lots of chicken breasts. My husband is a big fisherman so we had halibut one night yum! Its like a treat when I find another low point snack I can have, how sad is that?!

I know what you mean when you said you can't wait to get on the scale this week! Me too! I just hope its moved a tiny bit as I have been trying really really hard.

We went for a 6km walk around a lake yesterday, but other than that I am lacking big time on the exercise part, but it will come too

My weight in is on Wednesday, when is yours?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #8  
Back at It!

Hi Jenny! I had my weigh in tonight! I lost 2.5 pounds and I was quite pleased with that. I'm a bit worried that you are not eating all your daily points. I was told that I have to at least eat my daily points to lose weight. If you don't eat enough, you can eventually gain weight because your body is slowly starving.

Is it because you aren't that hungry or as you said you just graze during the day. I have about seven or eight points per meal, and then I have snacks. What is your daily point allowance? I'm at 28 and I like that amount for me.

I have found that because I am eating more fiber and filling whole wheat foods and fruits and veggies - I am not overly hungry during the day. I used to skip meals or wait to long between meals and then just binge cause I was starving (not always on the right foods either).

Have you thought of writing in a blog on this site? It is a good way to track your progress and get thoughts down on paper. Good Luck on your upcoming weight in!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #9  

Good for you!!! 2.5 pounds! That is so encouraging!!

I am a little concerned too that I am not eating enough, so I have been packing more snacks to work with me to have with lunch. I have 31 points to use and only 1 day have I reached my point limit. I am usually just a few points away though. I don't feel hungry though so I'm not really sure whats going on for me. I preplan out my lunch, snacks to go to work so I know what I have left for the evening. Being the first week I am not too worried as I am still trying to balance it all out. I think I have been trying so hard to find 'low point' foods, that I am not eating enough food with high point values? Tomorrow will tell!! Have a great day!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm a new WW member too. My 1st meeting was last week. I dropped 3.8 lbs the first week. I'm so happy!!!!

Do any of you find it hard to get in all your points?

Congratulations to all the losers out there!
iammare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #11  
Back at It!

Hi Mare! Congratulations on your weight loss! That's so awesome!

I don't find it hard to get in all my points. I did on the first day, then I realized what I was doing wrong. I made sure I was getting about 6-7 points a meal, and then that gave me extra for snacks. I also find when I sleep in (because I work later in the day), I end up eating breakfast way too late and then being hungrier later in the day. I never realized how important an early, filling breakfast helps get me through the day.

How did you like the meetings? Nice profile pic
Old 09-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #12  

Yay another new 'loser' lol I like being a loser in this case!!

I have reviewed my food journal for the last week and its breakfast where I am lacking, not eating enough. But I am a former breakfast skipper and have been eating a WW bagel and yogurt which is only equalling 3 points lol

But yes it always seems to be a struggle to get all those points in, sighhh
Old 09-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Jenny,

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I too have been a breakfast skipper, and now eating in the AM is really hard. I have to keep reminding myself to do so. I was eating a Thomas' bagel thin with cream cheese, but that was only 2 points. Today it's Kashi shredded wheat - dry. It's only 3 points, but still more than I was getting before.

I've been told to try and eat 6 meals a day - WHAT?! I know I can't do that. I'd get sick if I ate that much.

The solution I came up with is to cut out fat free and low fat stuff. They have more points, and I can at least get them in that way. I've also taken to using cream cheese fruit dip when I eat my sliced fruit.

I don't think I'll ever be able to tap into the extra 35 points that we are given for the week. At least, not right away. Once I'm down to 20 or 25 points, maybe, but at 30 - there is no way.

Good luck!!!!
iammare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #14  

WOOHOOO weighed in and I am 2.8 pounds down!! SO excited
Old 09-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #15  
Back at It!

Congrats, JennyT!!! That's wonderful! Have you been finding it easier to get your points in?

Mare, I could never cut out low or no fat foods, but I need less points then you. I'm actually finding that I've been going over my points a bit this week. Thankfully we have the weekly allowance points.

--
Today I could not finish the big salad I made for dinner. I felt like I should have ate that salad, but I had a quarter of it. I guess I'm trying to get used to eating more veggies everyday. I always ate a lot, but never this many.

Best of luck on the week ahead!