Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/130

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy The Butt and Thigh Issue...Help

I know that the thighs and the butt are the hardest places to loose fat. But, I'm having the problem of a shrinking waist and a growing rear.
I am loosing weight and gaining muscle, but for some reason, my thights and butt seem to be increasing. Why?

Any advice or exercise program that has worked?
KattoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i just combine cardio with as much lower body moves as i can handle. i recently lost 2 inches in my hips, so something is working.
kick boxing and running/marching w/high knees is good cardio and works lb too.
in addition to your usual lb moves try lateral/side lunges. if you need to, hold a wt while you do it. those really work!
figure out which kinds of moves your body isnt used to, and do those. hth.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #3  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

You can't just choose which area to lose fat off of, but you can train certian areas more to build muscle, which helps you burn more calories and fat over all. Squats and lunges have done a ton for my legs, and now that I've lost more fat you can really see the definition now.

But I see you've only lost 5 pounds, how much bigger could they have gotten? I'm thinking those first five pounds were in your stomach and it may be making them appear larger. I suggest you take measurements monthly to track your progress.

If that's the case then stick to working out, you'll lose in that area eventually!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Be patient, keep doing what you're doing, lots of cardio, all variations of lunges and squats BUT most importantly keep your diet clean ... Hope this helps keep us posted on your progress
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

This has always been my problem area too! Even when I weighted 148 at 5 foot 11 I had flabby thighs. In the last 6?months I have been doing lunges a variety of squats, step ups and jump ups on plyo boxes. And even though I weigh over 170. My thighs are better than they ever were. I still have cellulite at the top of my thighs. But my legs below that look really great. I'm holding some of that goes away as I inch toward my goal of 155. But regardless I love my legs now because they look strong. And I probably won't ever love em in a bikini bottom. But that's ok.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #6  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

I have also had this problem. Ever since I was a kid I had a huge butt and chunky thighs. Even when I started losing weight my but and thighs stayed big UNTIL I started running. Of course I knew runners had skinny legs but I didn't think running would change mine, I mean thats how they are shaped right? Wow was I surprised after running for a while, not losing any weight but losing aboutt 2-3 inches on both thighs! They have trimmed down a lot!

So I suggest running, it really changed my lower half.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Pink, I agree running is a great thigh and butt slimmer. I've been running for about 5 years now and I see a big difference. Lately I've been running with a lady who is amazed at how slim her butt and thighs are now that she's running, her pants have gotten really really loose... she's a very happy camper...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote