Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default Oops.

Binge day today.

My, my, my, but I am struggling this time around.

Anyone else finding the whole journey awfully impossible lately?
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Actually yes i was having the same thought earlier. I've been so wrapped up with the fall semester starting and working 50 hour work weeks on top of it, i've been struggling. I haven't had time to come on here which helped this summer because it kept me accountable.
I know it's not impossible because there are many who have shown it is possible. I understand. It's all about picking yourself up and moving forward.

Last edited by kendra; 09-16-2010 at 11:59 PM.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #3  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

Height: 5'5"

I agree with kendra. Forgive yourself and resolve to get back on plan from this moment forward.
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #4  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboegal View Post
I agree with kendra. Forgive yourself and resolve to get back on plan from this moment forward.
agreed. you can't make up for what happened in the past, for what's done is done. Just continue your diet the next day.

I find certain days are harder then others, just depends on my moods.lol.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #5  
miamimelting

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

The seasons are changing! Our bodies naturally want to start taking in more calories and storing for the winter. It has been a tough week for many many people in the weight loss world.
miamimelting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

If you're finding it difficult, perhaps it's time to tweak your plan.

For me, as long as I do indeed plan (and than plan, plan and plan some more), this whole journey is MUCH easier.

And very importantly - do you set yourself up for success?!?!?!

Do you journal your foods, not putting it into your mouth till it's written on paper FIRST?

Do you adhere to a calorie budget, that sets your portion limits and tells you when to stop eating?

Do you plan out your food items - each and every single morsel that will go into your mouth - breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks - in advance. Knowing what you are eating ahead of time is an invaluable tool. Much easier (and more enjoyable) to stay on plan when you've got one.

Are you eating delicious, delicious, tasty, satisfying, foods? Ones that you look forward to?

Have your rid your home of the junk - no matter what - and filled it with lower calorie yummy foods?

Have you switched your way of thinking? Do you focus on what you are gaining, instead of giving up by passing up on the high calorie/high quantity foods?

Are you passionate about being slim, trim and fit?

Are you excited about the changes that you are implementing, instead of dreading them?

Do you realize that adhering to a healthy lifestyle is nothing to fear or loathe, but remaining overweight IS?

I say, why not make a *hard* thing easier - plan ahead, and become passionate about the journey.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
If you're finding it difficult, perhaps it's time to tweak your plan.

For me, as long as I do indeed plan (and than plan, plan and plan some more), this whole journey is MUCH easier.

And very importantly - do you set yourself up for success?!?!?!

Do you journal your foods, not putting it into your mouth till it's written on paper FIRST?

Do you adhere to a calorie budget, that sets your portion limits and tells you when to stop eating?

Do you plan out your food items - each and every single morsel that will go into your mouth - breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks - in advance. Knowing what you are eating ahead of time is an invaluable tool. Much easier (and more enjoyable) to stay on plan when you've got one.

Are you eating delicious, delicious, tasty, satisfying, foods? Ones that you look forward to?

Have your rid your home of the junk - no matter what - and filled it with lower calorie yummy foods?

Have you switched your way of thinking? Do you focus on what you are gaining, instead of giving up by passing up on the high calorie/high quantity foods?

Are you passionate about being slim, trim and fit?

Are you excited about the changes that you are implementing, instead of dreading them?

Do you realize that adhering to a healthy lifestyle is nothing to fear or loathe, but remaining overweight IS?

I say, why not make a *hard* thing easier - plan ahead, and become passionate about the journey.
That... right there. I have to say thank you. I have been struggling this week. I was doing so well. I had gotten into a grove and I was losing SLOWLY, but steadily. (about half a pound a week). Then last week I was on vacation and I hosted three parties in three weekends.

I said this past Monday, I would get RIGHT back on track, no excuses. And I DID get right back on the exercise wagon. (When I ran on the treadmill on Monday I realized I had MISSED it) Tuesday I signed up for a 7-week Zumba class.

But food... that has been a struggle. Reading the questions I realized - NO: I have not trown away all the junk. There is junk lingering from the parties. NO: I have not been planning. I go home and "wing" dinner rather than planning ahead of time what to have. I have been dreading giving up white, refined cr@p... rather than being excited about trying new fruits/veggies.

Thank you.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote