Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default It's NOT worth it. Binge eating WILL harm your health at some point.....

I have suffered from a binge eating disorder for at least 10 years. I've gained and lost the same 60ish pounds for years. I lose 10 pounds, gain 10 back, lose 20 pounds, gain 15, lose 30 pounds, gain 40. I get to a point where I feel awesome about myself and the weight falls off, then I feel deprived and want to eat all of those foods again, so I binge and binge and binge and the weight piles back on.

A month and a half ago, after a particularily bad binge I experienced excrutiating abdominal pain, chest discomfort, severe nausea, dizziness, and vomitting. I went to the emergency department five times over the period of a week. At first I thought I was having a heart attack. I was diagnosed with GERD, then that diagnosis was taken back, and I was diagnosed with galllstones. For 1 1/2 months now I have been extremely nauseated, severe pain in my stomach, dizziness, back pain, fatigue, and weight loss because I cannot eat. I cannot sit on the floor and play with my kids because of the pain. I cannot bring them for a bike ride around the block because I get so dizzy. I couldn't go out for a nice romantic dinner with my husband for our anniversary because of the nausea and diet restrictions for the gallbladder. I couldn't eat a piece of my birthday cake. I wake up in the morning and it takes every ounce of my strength to make my kids breakfast and get them sent off to school. I have to wait until the gravol kicks in and then as soon as the nausea is a bit better I have to choke some breakfast down so I'm able to take oxycodone for the pain. I will be feeling this way for the next month or two until I am able to get in for surgery to get my gallbladder taken out.

If I could go back 10 years and make myself feel how I feel today, there would be ZERO binge eating on my part. Gallstones are known to be caused from yo-yo dieting/fasting/excessive fats. I wish I could turn back time. I miss playing with my kids, I miss being able to eat any food in moderation. Right now I'm stuck consuming less than 10 grams of fat in an entire day or it triggers an attack.

Please, for those of you in good health, next time you are about to binge, think twice. The binge eating will catch up to you at some point in time. It's not worth it.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #2  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

amen sister.

We all struggle I have been trying to figure out how to eat like a normal person my whole life.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #3  

I am sorry to hear that you ill with GB issues. Can I ask why you are not having it removed ASAP for relief and for your safety? I had mine removed last July, I also had the same symptoms as you. Mine was on the verge of rupturing I was told.
PorkChopNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopNoMore View Post
I am sorry to hear that you ill with GB issues. Can I ask why you are not having it removed ASAP for relief and for your safety? I had mine removed last July, I also had the same symptoms as you. Mine was on the verge of rupturing I was told.
Because our health care in Canada is so rockin! *note the sarcasm*. Since my gallbladder is not infected, it's considered "elective" surgery therefore I have to go on the wait list for elective surgery. I had to wait 2 weeks to get in for an ultrasound because of the wait list. I had to wait 2 weeks after that to get in for my consultation with the surgeon. Everything here in BC Canada in terms of health care is wait wait wait.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #5  

I just wanted everyone to be aware that I did NOT intend for this to be a "I'm better than you" post, because that's totally not what it is. I re-read my first post and just wanted it to be crystal clear. Even despite the 10 out of 10 pain I have when I eat, I still have almost uncontrollable urges to binge. I binged once after my diagnosis and ended up in the emergency room again on heavy duty pain meds and anti-nausea drugs. My reason for this post was for people to be aware that it really does affect your insides. It's just not worth it but wow, what a struggle it is!