Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #1  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Do you reward yourself?

I think I've seen threads like this in the past, but I was just wondering if anyone gives themselves (non-food) rewards for reaching mini-goals -- and if so, what's your next one coming up?!

My first mini-goal is 51 pounds (under 300!), and I will be there soon. I have decided when I get there I am going to get myself this absolutely adorable tea set I saw at an Asian grocery store.

Used to be that I would just have bought it when I saw it (instant gratification), but amazingly, as I have stopped so much of my "impulse eating", my "impulse buying" is way down as well! My budget has never looked better, and I am actually enjoying thinking about that little tea set that will be mine after I EARN it!

Anyone else have something they are looking forward to?!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:11 AM   #2  
miamimelting

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Yes! When I reached 200 pounds I went and bought some stuff from a magazine that I've been wanting to buy stuff from for years. It was awesome. When I hit 180 pounds, I'm going to the mall to let someone give me a makeup make over and buy some good makeup. When I hit my goal of 150 pounds I'm going on a shopping spree in Boston. Can't wait!
miamimelting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

When I get to 140 pounds I'm going to buy a new gym kit and some new trainers. I'm also going to join karate and go back to climbing when I get to 154-147 depending on money

Shannon - I'm glad you're impulse buying went down two, thats great news Your tea set sounds lovely, is it for making Japanese tea specifically?

Miami - that sound awesome!
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Yes. For each stone (14lbs) I lose, I buy a Trollbead for my bracelet.

Tomorrow I reach the halfway point between when I started "this time" and when I go on holiday. I'm on track for where I want to be by the trip, so I'm treating myself to some Radley luggage at a discount outlet.

A week or so ago I got to 60lbs from my HW lost, 50% of what the dream total loss would be, and I promised myself a Butler and Wilson brooch - an eye shape. I haven't had chance to go get it yet.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Yup! My first mini-goal is coming up in just 2lbs - a new digital camera. I'm a pro photographer, so I take a lot of pictures, and my point & shoot died (or rather, my children killed it) so I've been using my pro cameras for everything. They are big and bulky and I'm tired of it! So I told myself when I lost my first 50lbs that I could get a new camera...and I've been hovering within 6lbs for the last 2 months! Eeek! But I'm on the move back down, so I hope I have my camera in hand soon, at least before pumpkin patch season starts!
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #6  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Except for certain milestones (breaking 200 lbs, 150 lbs, reaching goal weight), most of my goals are non-weight related. I've just started this journey after some health challenges, and my goals relate more to behaviours that I want to adopt rather than weight I want to lose. For example, I'll reward reaching 5000, 7500, 10000... steps instead of rewarding 10 lbs lost. To complete that approach, my rewards reinforce my behaviours. So I'll buy a new kitchen gadget to make my food look more appetizing, or for a bigger one I'll plan a special week-end hiking or canoeing.

That isn't to say I don't weigh myself every morning or really enjoy that number going down! It's just that my focus is a little different, I guess. Works for me.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #7  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Nope. For me the numbers on the scale are all the reward I need. However I am going to be doing a zipline course to celebrate my 51st birthday next month, something I was over the weight limit for for the last 20 birthdays.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #8  
weight, be gone!

S/C/G: 227/191/125

Height: 5' 4"

I haven't yet, but I certainly want to. I have a big one coming up, it's a combination of 10% lost, and changing from obesity class II to class I. I had been thinking of a pair of shoes, a book, a movie, or a RediSetGo kitchen gadget. But now, you have me thinking about getting a tea set
lolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #9  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I FINALLY got below 170, which was a dress size, and have bought a new fall wardrobe. I would be very happy to do the same in spring, and be a size down and get a new spring/summer wardrobe, although I am sure This will get very expensive. BUt certainly clothes that make me feel good about myself is a great reward.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote