South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Phase 2

Hi all. I am moving to Phase 2 now after finishing 2 weeks on Phase 1. I am happy to report I even lost a lb last weekend while eating every meal OUT for 3 days at a dog show. I ordered on program (or close) and it worked! This was the ultimate test for me because I am away alot. SO now I am on Phase 2, doing 1 WW tortilla with a burrito for lunch and adding 1 fruit to start right? I had an amazing eggplant pasta last night, to DIE FOR!
summersbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Try to ease into Phase 2, have one fruit or starch, not both.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations on managing to stay OP and even losing weight while away from home!

Here is a link to a stickied thread in our FAQ section that you may find helpful for easing into Phase 2.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...phase-2-a.html
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I agree with FO. I like to add in only one thing that first week.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Thanx! Let me ask you this.......how do you get all of the veggies in? I have a hard time eating 2 cups twice a day. I do V8 with breakfast which helps (although I am totally SICK of eggs). I don't have time to bake so I am stuck with eggs. I hate salads once in a while maybe but overall no thanks. So I end up eating a burrito now for lunch with tons of beans tomato on a ww tortilla (That's what I added this week) and for dinner it's always either eggplant or zuchinni cuz I can handle two cups of those. I dislike broccoli, and some other veggies. I could do that cali potato thing maybe but what else? Can you do squash?
summersbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I find the easiest way to do veggies it to have two types at each meal, usually one as some sort of a faux starch or spiced up a little. Like 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli and mashed cauliflower or potatoes au gratin. Or, zucchini broiled with a little parmesan cheese or roasted green beans or a super colorful side salad with peppers and radishes, etc. Having two types keeps me from getting too bored with any individual veggie. Also- keep lookign up recipes. Being creative has been the most useful thing to keeping me on track. Some of the best lookign recipes I've foudn lately have been from gluten free and vegetarian/vegan sources. Those folks definitely know how to get creative! Maybe a homemade salad dressing will help you like salads a little more?

For breakfast- maybe try a non breakfast food? I've found that I just needed to get over my mental block of what was and was not breakfast appropriate. This morning I had broccoli with cheese sauce and some ham. I've also had dinner leftovers, beans and cheese, lettuce roll up sandwiches, whatever strikes my fancy and is relatively easy. (Though, I have been known to go several weeks at a time just having egg salad for breakfast)
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7.5"

Hiya...Is that "add only one thing"...per day,or per wk? thanks..
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

Quote:
Originally Posted by choices View Post
Hiya...Is that "add only one thing"...per day,or per wk? thanks..
I add one thing (say berries), then eat Phase I with berries every day that week. The next week I add one grain (say oatmeal). I continue to eat a fruit daily, but eat a grain every day that week. The third week I would add another serving of a grain or fruit, not both. This is how most of us do Phase II to monitor slowly for cravings, weight gain, etc.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

As for the veggies, I have definitely expanded my tastes since starting SB. I always try to eat at least 2 veggies per meal. Do you not like certain salad greens? Salads are the easiest way for me to get in my lunchtime veggies. I also like cut up veggies with hummus. You could try some with Laughing Cow cheese. Tonight I am having the Spaghetti Squash Deep Dish Italian pie with spaghetti squash, mushrooms and onions in it with a side of steamed cauliflower. Maybe find a new way to cook the veggies you do like. I love roasting a lot of veggies on a baking sheet with a little olive oil and Italian spices on them. Wonderful!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #10  

thank you hug...;o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
I add one thing (say berries), then eat Phase I with berries every day that week. The next week I add one grain (say oatmeal). I continue to eat a fruit daily, but eat a grain every day that week. The third week I would add another serving of a grain or fruit, not both. This is how most of us do Phase II to monitor slowly for cravings, weight gain, etc.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the whole, there is no reason breakfast has to be 'breakfast food'... my usual breakie when I am working is yogurt and a few sticks of celery with PB... not that that is for every one... but think outside the box when it comes to breakfast, you can have leftovers or what ever your favourite lunch/dinner meal is. (I also like to have deli ham roll ups with mayo and lettuce)

As for veggies, personally I am a veggie fan and can eat them raw or cooked in any fashion... however, I did try an SB friendly zucchini lazagna once that was delish.... it was made in the same fashion as regular lazagna but used thinly sliced zucchini instead of pasta... just an idea (oh, and also, even tho Ive never tried it, Ive hear many rave reviews about spagetti squash!)
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #12  

Recipe search chickies, can you help?
I remember a chicken breast meal that was coated in taco seasoning mix,but that's all I remember. I've checked all the p1,and 2 entree's and can't find it. Hungry for that texmex fix,thought this might do the trick..If you recall,appreciate the rest of the recipe. Thanks in advance.
Hope we're all doing well,as we move into another wk. Choices~;o)
Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #13  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Not sure if this is the one you are looking for, but this a good recipe.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...ack-beans.html
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #14  
Midwesterner

Quote:
Originally Posted by choices View Post
Recipe search chickies, can you help?
I remember a chicken breast meal that was coated in taco seasoning mix,but that's all I remember. I've checked all the p1,and 2 entree's and can't find it. Hungry for that texmex fix,thought this might do the trick..If you recall,appreciate the rest of the recipe. Thanks in advance.
Here's one:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...casserole.html

And another one:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...d-chicken.html
Old 09-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #15  

Default taco chicken breasts..

Thanks chicks..I've made the one w/the b beans,and it is good. Thanks too Anne,but the one I have in mind was chick breasts coated in taco seasoning..was it baked? or on the stove?...not sure..maybe I'll wing it..although I made a disaster meat loaf last night,and ended up throwing it away..DH hated it,and I who usually likes most everything didn't like it either. It's not that often when a new recipe goes down the disposal,thank goodness,I feel so bad about that...but marching on. Have a great wk. chicks..

Last edited by choices; 09-19-2010 at 11:50 PM.