Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #1  

Default Lap Band -Low Carber "if that ain't enough"

Good morning everyone! Yeah, you read it right.....I am 6 weeks out of being banded, and the last 10 days at 1000 calories, and not a single bleeping pound lost. Sooooooo I have taken it upon myself to begin the low carb induction the day after tomorrow.
I previously had good luck with low carbing, and since the guidelines of banding are protien, protien, protien; I really need to get this ball rolling, or should i say Jelly roll---ing off my body
I'm looking for anyone else to (excuse the pun) "band" together, for support, ideas, and etc., etc.!
GOING TO BE THIN--
KELLY
kellyd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

kelly - i'm wondering if you've had your first fill yet? and what did your surgeon tell you to do about eating for the first little while? most of us are indeed lowcarbing, but don't follow a particular program, so it's going to be interesting to find out how you do with this approach.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #3  

I had a piece of chicken this morning and was full allllllllllllllllllllll day! That is a major nsv for me, as I have never not thought about what I will be eating next, and how long I'll have to wait!
Yeah Me
Kelly

Last edited by kellyd23; 09-15-2010 at 09:35 PM.
kellyd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

What most doctors (that I've heard, including mine) will tell you is to eat protein first, then veggies, and if you must.. good carbs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote