Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 06:40 AM   #1  

Smile 5LB Challenge #6

#5 thread was getting a little long, thought it might be a good time to start a fresh one.

Just to review :

The "5 lb challenge" objective is to focus on a small goal. To many of us, the challenge of a larger number seems overwhelming. Each one of us decides when 5lb's could realistically be lost. And if that time isnt enough, we just adjust the goal date. All of us are winners, no matter where we are in our weight loss journey. Many of us pick a day for the a weekly weighin but again, that's personal choice- That's the beauty part-
This challenge is custom designed for you.

Monday is my official weighin day and I am thrilled this morning.
I was on a plateau for 3 weeks, and last week's loss made me wonder if I would begin a 2nd plateau. Instead, the scale is showing a 2.5lb loss.

Yes, TOM and etc. Still feels like a reward for waiting out the plateau weeks.--

So, the odds are in favor of a MARVELOUS MONDAY.

Today's thought is :

"If you don't hear opprotunity knocking, try another door"

Old 10-21-2002, 07:32 AM   #2  

Way to go Kaylets keep up the good work. You didn't give in to the plateau. that is great.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:51 AM   #3  

Default Guess Who!

Hi there!
It's long lost Sarah!!!

Today is my first day BACK on program!!

I've been absolutely dreadful with my eating.

I just got on my scale and it says 170.5!!!!
That's my heaviest in years!

Time to get going on program!

I made myself a nice healthy breakfast of oatmeal (2 pts) and I feel quite satisfied

I've decided that the old WW selection program works best for me. I need the discipline.
If anyone has access to the old program can you give me some of the info.

Thanks so much!

I'm happy to be back!
Let's update my info.
5lbs by November 4th
That would put me (according to my scale) at 165.5
When I go to my meeting on Wednesday I'll update you all

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2002, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Yes I agree the old thread was getting a bit long. Welcome back Sarah. Well I lost 1 lb this week which I'm happy with considering I hardly exercised last week since I was sick. Definitely getting back into the swing of things this week.
Steph
Old 10-21-2002, 05:17 PM   #5  
Body-for-Lifer

I dont know if its just my scale but...

Ive been exercizing for about 20-30 mins per day (rollerblading, running up/down the stairs, and biking) for about just over a week now, and when I first weighed myself, I was 190. Now I am 185. I don't think it's possible to lose that much in that small amount of time, and not to mention im still eating things like Quesadillas and Corn Pops cereal...
Old 10-21-2002, 09:32 PM   #6  

Derek,
That's wonderful!!! You must be making some healthy choices if you are losing. Eating better than you were

Congratulations!
I hope that I can say the same thing soon!

Today I did a big old belly flop! I wanted to do well, but didn't.
I took my daughter to the aquarium, and I ate a cheeseburger among other things

But I went shopping tonight, and bought some healthy foods
I'm happy to say I have all the tools I need to succeed!

I'm going to give my friend a call to go walking tomorrow too!

Wish me luck!
Old 10-22-2002, 06:23 AM   #7  

Smile Terrific Tuesday!!

Hello all!

Really overslept this am so will have to be short and sweet and promise to check in later today.

Derek and Sarabella- Welcome!

Today's thought is:

"They can because they think they can" -- Virgil

Old 10-22-2002, 07:31 AM   #8  

Well today is weigh in day, I know I have eaten well all week but Im not going to get my hopes up because then I just get let down by the scale as long as I know I ate like I should that is all that matters.

We have the tools at hand so why don't we use them?

I think when we can all honestly answer that question perhaps poeple being overweight will be a thing of the past.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:10 PM   #9  

Smile Later Tuesday

Hello all!

Dollar- hope your weighin went as you hoped! You're doing terrific!

Derek- I noticed your other posts looking for advise-- Since you're
15--, you might want to also make sure your research is related to Teenagers- also, women's daily calorie intake is usually less than men's so make sure you're checking both--
Also, I think you'll be pleasantly suprised to find out that men often lose much faster than women do-
You are doing the right thing by researching and asking questions--Keep in mind, if all those "diet promises" for sale out there really worked- none of us would be overweight.

Sarabella- You've already done the hardest part! The first step is always the hardest one! and I know people who have cheeseburgers at least once a week-- they plan for them--
I remember years ago, I used to think nothing topped eating bagels. And once a week, I'd have one -- for about 6 weeks- and then, the taste just didnt live up to that week long wait--

Take care all!

Old 10-22-2002, 08:56 PM   #10  

Good evening all and good it is. just got back from weigh in , (well actually I walked the dog first) I am down 3 lbs this week and that gave me my 70lbs which just thrilled me I figured it would take 2 weeks to get there at least but I made it. So my next challenge is get5ting under the 2 mark and I have 2.4 lbs to get to 199. Good luck to everyone and I hope you all feel as good as I do.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:02 AM   #11  

Smile Wonderful Wednesday

Hello All!

Yaaayyy Dollar!! On your way to Onederland!!!!! This is GREAT!!

Going to go downstairs and use the Total Gym this morning- Makes a big difference what you get accomplished when you don't oversleep!!

Let's see how many good choices we make today!

Today's thought is one many you might already know but its worth repeating:

"Seize the day!" from the Marine Corps

Old 10-23-2002, 01:31 PM   #12  

Ah, it's not so wonderful for me today, at least not weightwise. Yesterday in a "sneak preview" the scale showed I had FINALLY made my second five pounds. However, today on the "official" day it was way up. So onward and downward. Maybe I can finally reach that goal weight (I think it was 229.4) by next week. I just need to get rid of that new water weight and lose another .8 lbs. Must focus, focus, focus.

Congrats to all this week's losers.
Old 10-24-2002, 06:11 AM   #13  

Smile Tremendous Thursday!

Hello all!!

Thursday !!

Anagram! Again, we share something in common- I collect bee pins as I really enjoy the idea that the bee is not "engineered" to fly, but the bee doesn't know that and DOES fly--
"Sneak" previews are so exciting when it looks promising- and then the next time- "what happened!?!" -- I know I've said this before but its really true- until I started weighing myself more often, I really didnt "get" the reality that our bodies are really in constant motion, constant flux- The good news is that if you did see a lower number, you'll see it again- Try to presevere- You really are doing terrific-- After all, you made the hardest step by deciding to change your lifestyle.

oopps, time is moving faster than my fingers!

Today's thought is:
Ever since I found out Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times, I've been feeling a lots better" ----Ziggy by Tom Wilson

Old 10-24-2002, 08:49 PM   #14  

Ah yes, bees, butterflies and birds. I think subconsciously I want to be able to fly away. My 2 yr old granddaughter is just learning to talk but she told me "I grow up I be a butterfly" and I thought "that's my girl". Me too. I can't wait to metamorphize.

Feeling so much better now that the snipers are caught. What a harrowing time.

And Friday tomorrow - no special plans for me. Just want to "cocoon".
Old 10-25-2002, 06:34 AM   #15  

Smile Fabulous Friday!

Here it is, a fresh new Friday !!!!!

What a relief to know "the sniper" has been stopped. We are about 2 hrs from that area but very close to I-95 .... Cannot even begin to imagine what their reasons were ....

Continuing to try and string good choices together

Thursday nights, DH and I stop on the way home from work for dinner. Last night, had Eggplant Parmigana (SP?) w/ Whole Wheat Pasta. Its a very nice restaurant w/ an enormous wine list and lots of entrees w/ wine sauces- But the eggplant is fairly safe and is tasty. DH then goes on to his bowling league with a good meal in him and I come home and listen to music!

Today's thought is:

"Success is about who you are, not what you have."

Closed Thread