Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down Leg discrepancy=annoying

*Would have posted this in the obstacles forum but it's more of an annoyance and doesn't hinder my weight loss*

We discovered my slight (not even half an inch) discrepancy when I was 12ish. No biggie, my longer left leg is just bigger than my right from building more muscle, etc. It was never much of a health concern or that noticeable.

Starting out this year, my left leg was a tight 18, right leg a comfortable 18. Finally got into 16s 40 pounds later. So I went to the store recently and tried on 14s out of curiosity and wouldn't you know they worked for my right leg. So I'm literally a 14/16. Right leg 14, left leg 16.

Has anyone dealt with a weird issue like this? Hoping that the legs even out the smaller they get but it's so strange. Can't remember life in pants before we noticed it.
Luddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/ 129 /120

Height: 5'7"

when I was younger my right breast was much larger than my left. This was around the time of puberty, so I had to stuff half my bra in order to not be teased. I was insecure enough about developing early & shopping for my first bra, & this just made it worse. But now 19, they've evened out & it's not a problem.

But I can relate somewhat to your frustration.
hippy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Hm, if you can manage it, even if just for one or two pairs that you really like, you can try taking pants that fit your larger leg to a tailor, explain the problem, and see if you can have the other leg taken in a little.

Most people are not really symmetric - your case sounds more extreme than most, of course, but off-the-rack clothes don't fit most people very well. Having something adjusted to your measurements can really make it look terrific!
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #4  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but there's a chicka around here who had a lopsided butt, but as she lost weight it evened up. Your legs might be a little dodgy now, but as you lose weight i reckon they'll start to even up more All the more motivation to work even harder!

Until then, baggy pants are your friend??

Last edited by summershine; 09-12-2010 at 06:01 PM.
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

First, nobody is symmetrical. One side of everybody's body—the dominant side, typically—is longer and larger. One foot is longer and bigger, one breast is typically larger, one thigh is larger, one hand is larger and the fingers longer, and yes, one arm and one leg are typically longer. And we're talking as much as half an inch to an inch here often enough, especially when it comes to the thighs and the length of the leg.

This definitely translates to muscle building. The muscles on one side of my body, for example, are larger and more defined than on the other. Only I notice this, though. No one else notices that we aren't symmetrical.

Second, it is common to lose weight asymmetrically. I noticed this on my hips, and my abs became very visible on one side before they could be seen nearly as well on the other.

Eventually, it should even out—as much as it ever will, because, again, no one is symmetrical.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 09-12-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the input everyone! I know it's not the hugest deal in the world, it's just nice to hear others experiences too.

Quote:
when I was younger my right breast was much larger than my left. This was around the time of puberty, so I had to stuff half my bra in order to not be teased.
Aw man, I can only imagine how you felt.

Quote:
Hm, if you can manage it, even if just for one or two pairs that you really like, you can try taking pants that fit your larger leg to a tailor, explain the problem, and see if you can have the other leg taken in a little.
Lol, I feel silly for not ever thinking about this...thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but there's a chicka around here who had a lopsided butt, but as she lost weight it evened up.
Ooh, add me to that. It's really most obvious there I forgot to mention. That's encouraging that it evened!

Quote:
First, nobody is symmetrical.
Well. I know that...this is just something that has been more and more on my mind lately so hence my silly little vent.
Quote:
Only I notice this, though. No one else notices that we aren't symmetrical.
My coworker constantly tells me how my pants are too big for my right leg, lol. (with love)
Quote:
Eventually, it should even out—as much as it ever will, because, again, no one is symmetrical.
Thanks for the input , I think hearing people say it should even up is all I needed to hear now and a reminder that I'm not the only one is nice to hear. (tis why I love this place )
Luddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I've got the boob problem Only since my weightloss so far, it's become more obvious! It's like the smaller boob is shrinking away! Crazy.

I'm glad you feel a bit better about the leg difference now!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote