Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #1  
ChuckNorris is my copilot

S/C/G: 210/196/140 mini:199/196/190

Height: 5' 2"

Default Beat water weight fluctuations?

Hello all!

Every time before I have lost weight I, like most, had terrible water weight fluctuations. Of course that led to some wonderful highs, when the water weight went down, but also made me terribly blue if it shifted up.

This time, I am constantly drinking. Coffee to water to diet soda to crystal light, whatever, all day long. And trying to watch the sodium, although some days are better than others.

And since I've started this, I have not seen day to day fluctuations. I may remain the same weight, but I'm not all over the place. It's my TOM, and I lost a pound, didn't swing up. (not sure that I'll see the after TOM whoosh, though).

Has anyone else had this experience? Is constant hydration really the way to roundhouse kick water fluctuations?
BurlyQ of Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

For me, I've found that eating low-carb, and drinking plenty of fluids helps the most, but it only reduces the fluctuations, it doesn't prevent them.

Even when I push fluids and watch sodium, I still have significant fluctuations. I haven't found a way yet to gain less than 5 lbs during TOM. No matter how careful I am, I gain 5 to 10 lbs.

For me, I had to learn not to get freaked out by fluctuations, because I haven't found a way prevent them.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

My TOM is odd - it kind of alternates light and heavy months. On the light months I may only gain 1lb or not gain at all - but on the heavy months I can shoot up 3-5 lbs. I've tried hydration, but I think that just gives me more water to hold onto
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote