Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Default Where is "quick links"

One of the choices in the menu bar used to be "quick links" or something like that. Then I could choose to look at "today's posts". Did I somehow change my settings so I can't see this anymore? Now I see "Mark Forums Read" and "Open Buddy List" which I will never use.

I am not exactly a technological genius, sigh. Thank you. CJ
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #2  
it's always something

Mark forums read and open buddy list are menu items under Quick Links, so you should see Quick Links in the menu bar before that. When is the last time you recall seeing the quick links? What browser (and version) are you using?
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #3  

Hi Suzanne -

It must be my browser because I just downloaded the latest version of Firefox for Mac - 3.6.9.

The QuickLinks is gone from the menu bar and the "Mark Forums Read" and "Open Buddy List" replace it. Attached is a screen shot.Picture 3.jpg

I also noticed it no longer has the "go advanced" option in the reply section (although it appears now that I'm editing the original post - weird). Thanks, CJ

Last edited by CJZee; 09-08-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #4  
it's always something

That's weird! I have a mac at home, I'll check from there later and we'll compare notes then pass it to tech
Old 09-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #5  
it's always something

Btw, use this link to view today's posts until this problem is resolved, which I hope is quickly.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily
Old 09-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #6  
it's always something

Ok, I'm home and using Firefox on my mac and it's fine. I had 3.6.8 but just upgraded to 3.6.9 to match yours and it's still fine.

I'm going to guess that after you upgraded Firefox that for some reason the forum scripts did not load fully and your browser has cached it that way. Maybe trying a hard refresh might help? On a mac - Control+Shift+R should do it. Otherwise perhaps reinstalling Firefox might clear it up.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #7  

Thanks Suzanne. I tried the refresh and no luck. I will try re-installing. I appreciate your time. CJ