Old 09-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #1  
Newmala

S/C/G: 193/170/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I havent weighed myself in 2 years

Yep, that's right, 2 years. I fell off the weight loss train and now i'm hopping back on. I remember what i weighed the last time I stepped on the scale, and I'm scared as **** to see what that number has sky-rocketed to.

For a year now I've been working the late shift at my job. Basically I would wake up, lounge around, go to work at 3pm and then when I would get off at 11pm I would eat, go to bed and wake up and do it all over again. Well today, after being promoted, I started my 7am - 3pm shift. I figure, what a better time to start then now! No more late night eating, and more time to go walking yet still be able to get errands done.

I'm terrified to see what that scale says, but i'm expecting the worst. If anything it will give me more motivation to lose 50 pounds.

Glad to be back ladies, you all helped me do it before and I will do it again!
Newmala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

I'm not a 20-something; I'm a 40-something. But I'm responding to your post because I could totally relate. In January of 2009, I knew that I had gained a lot of weight but really had no clue what my weight was. But I also knew, like you, that I was ready to lose the weight.

So this is what I did: I psyched myself up. I told myself that I would have the same body, be the same size, AFTER weighing myself as I was before. It is just a number, just a statistic that you will use to benchmark your progress. Knowing the number won't suddenly put you in bigger jeans (or smaller ones, doggone it!). So think of it that way...just one of many benchmark numbers that you will use to measure your progress. Because that's all it is.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #3  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I didn't weigh myself for about the same amount of time. If I went to the docs and they weighed me I never wanted to see it, same with the gym etc. Every time I tried to lose weight I would be like oh I'll just take measurements..and I just kept getting bigger and bigger.
Just so you know you're not the only one xx

Good lucky hunny! Everyone on here is super super awesome. Looking forward to hearing more about you xx
bex is offline   Reply With Quote