Old 09-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hit the wall...

So I had a great weigh in on the first. Feeling good, confident. But its seems like 30 pounds is the wall for me. This happened in 2006 too. Lost 30 pounds and then came the oh I just want to give up, so I did. Now here I am again. On Friday ate out twice...grrr. And last night had half a thing of Ben and Jerry's. I don't know what is wrong with me. Its like I lose control over myself. I know that's not true, but I can't understand why I am making these decisions when I am feeling like I can actually do it this time. Grrr. I just needed to vent, but feeling like WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???!!!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #2  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Deep breath. There's nothing wrong with you. 30 lbs is tough. It's a lot of weight lost, but what you see in the mirror hasn't caught up with reality. Your mind still sees you at the higher weight. It's so easy to see the scales, not see anything visibly, and just give up.

You're over half-way to your 190 lb goal. You've done 30. You can do 20 more.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/281/160

Height: 5'10"

I wish I had some great advice for you but I know how you feel. 30 pounds seems to be my trigger too. It's like I finally see some change and relax a little and go back to my old habits. I will say you shouldn't beat yourself up over the past weekend and just start fresh from where you are now. Maybe you're being too restrictive with what you are eating and you can factor in a cheat meal once a month or something? That way you would have it to look forward to and won't be tempted the rest of the month?

I love going out to eat as well, and I've looked online at the menus for most of the places I would normally go and found what I can order that wouldn't completely derail me. It helps when I get to the place to, I don't even look at the menu so that it doesn't tempt me to order something else that sounds great...I know what I'm having already.

Good luck, and please don't give up on yourself. I read somewhere once, can't remember where, but it was something like "I can't lose 100 pounds, but I can lose 10 pounds 10 times." Maybe you can break your long term goal into several short ones?
Gamecockgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

What is wrong with you is that this is an old sticking point for you. Many of us find we have to muscle our way through old sticking points. Whether it's mental or physical, it doesn't matter. It's very real.

I'm telling you...this is where my one-year-commitment to my plan paid off. My old sticking point was 35 pounds. I'd lose that much and then decide one day that it was too hard for such a tiny (ha!) loss, so I'd give up and gain it all back plus a few. This time I decided there was no more of that. Where would I be in a one year's time if I did not give up? How many plateaus could I power through if I was in it for one year. It's been almost 10 months and nearly 70 pounds. I'm pretty happy with my experiment.

You have to have patience with the scale. That's all there is to it. Honest-to-Pete it's the truth. The scale is a fickle, fickle friend.

Last edited by Eliana; 09-06-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote