Old 09-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3

Default Sonoma Diet September 2010

Well it is the beginning of a new season. Sometimes back to school,sometimes just a noticable change in the weather.

My goal is to make the most of the "freshest season and get outdoors more. You would think that people do that in the summer, but I just wilt under the summer heat.

I'm going up to Mt Vernon later today. Itis a nice place to spend the day outdoors.Lots of trails along the river and farm. It the crowds are too big I don't even need to tour the house, it is all familiar to me and I buy a year round pass. I have a goal of 26 miles walked in Sept, I will count any exercise in mile equivalents ,all exercise is good.
Groceries are on my list of to do items. I need to check the recipe list and see if there is something new to try. Got to make the system work for me by working the system.

Good luck to all
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #2  

I didn't make it to Mt Vernon but I have been out walking in the neighborhood more then I was before.

Lots of mosquitoes even tho it is cooler at night. I need to work in back yard and put out some grass seed.

Meals are going ok,,lots of chicken breast. Have used canned soups at lunch to add to the 'full factor'

b'fast 2 eggs, mini bagel
lunch minestrone, chicken san on flatbread
dinner chicken,zucchini,saurkraut,mini bagel

had lunch out the other day Sushi & green tea 450 worthwhile calories.
Daily calorie average over two months is 1375.

Last edited by 2Bees; 09-10-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: 450 calories not 4 thousand
Old 09-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #3  

Hi 2Bees!

I've only been half following the diet. Which, I guess is better than nothing because it gets some healthy food into me but I've only lost 2-3 pounds. I dunno, but maybe all the cooking is holding me back. I do the express pita's often but even those seem to take a long time to cut all the veggies up. I'll cut up enough veggies for several days but still...I should probably prep the whole week on the weekend. I could freeze more foods (esp. the chili and soups) too. I'm just worn out. I look awful. I think I'm having a little pity party.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #4  

Hi Maurene heck half is good enough because that's twice as good as I was eating before. I don't cook everything from scratch but I do try to get a plate set up like she recommends with vegetable,starch and protein and fruit.

I often have my fruit in midafternoon and I am now hooked on those dessert flavored lite Yoplait yogurts. Don't remember reading about them in the book,lol.I don't seem to lose 2lbs and then gain 1 lb like I did with a low carb diet. Things just seem to fall into place and week after week I lose a pound.
So keep at it-it will work over time.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #5  

Welcome, Maurene! I'm right there with you ... I'm only about half-way following my plan. Thanks, 2Bees, for pointing out that half is better than none. Sometimes I get stuck on I must be doing it 100% successfully at all times or I shouldn't even try.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #6  

Hi all I've been around but mostly posting in calorie counters. I have been counting and recording all along while trying to follow the best of Sonoma-without overthinking it.
. I walked 6 miles but only had about 4 miles of fun. The last two were long and hard to finish.
I went to a volkswalk event this weekend-first one in years.Food was bad-I had bratwurst,beer and german potato salad. Calories were not awful-1850 for the whole day.
I'm doing good on my exercise challenge to walk 26 miles in Sept-going out almost every day. And working on the laundry room some every day. So I'm active. weight 205 9/20 6 lbs to go on the ticker then I need a new mini goal- think I will think in Stones and try for 2 stones-28 lb. to weight 171.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #7  

That's what I do too, I try to roughly follow Mediterranean principles and spot-check calorie counts every few days by entering my foods into an online calorie tracker.

I am about half and half lately - when I have the time, I make great healthy meals. Sometimes convenience wins out. I just keep in mind that being healthy half the time is better than before.

I've been eating a lot of fresh homemade salsa lately, with everybody's gardens being harvested. I've also made some vegetable soups, but could be better about carbs. Lots of outdoor yard work, sawing wood and getting ready for winter. Some walks and bike rides as well, but I'm not being formal about any of it right now.

I've heard of volkswalk before but haven't joined one. It sounds interesting!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Hello! I hesitated to join in because I have quit so many time before! However, I started Sonoma yesterday and plan on seeing this through. I know 5 pound sounds easy but it's not. Twenty years ago I lost 25 pounds and have kept it off until this last year or so and slowing it has been creeping back. I KNOW how hard it is to lose weight!! I decided Tuesday that if I did not start right now, I would be fighting 10, then 20 pounds. So!! Here I am!!
I am doing wave 1. When I start wave 2, I will not be drinking the wine as I never seem to be able to STOP at one glass and then I EAT more. (problem with self control, maybe??)

Toast and egg
ww bean wrap/veggies
pork chop and salad
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

p.s. any suggestions for snacks on wave 1? 14 peanuts won't get it for me!!
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #10  

Hey Ping! good on you for tackling the last 5 lbs . I have never been that close to my goal but I know it is so easy to just be a little off track and start to gain instead of loose.

Snacks-have a red bell pepper -don't cut it up eat it whole like an apple-tastes juicier. Cold boiled shrimp with lemon juice, a hardboiled egg & 1 slice of canadian bacon. I have a hard time with nuts--I eat them til they are gone-it's sad to watch .
Old 10-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #11  

October 2 off to a volksmarche this morning. It's 54 degrees out now but supposed to get to 70. Alas if they have brautwurt for sale thats what I'm having for lunch.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #12  

I didn't lose my pound this week-still at 204.
According to the calories I have logged I should be ok but I will have to be more disciplined in my meal choices.

Walked my 10k on Saturday It turned into a beautiful day and I'm glad I went.