South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-04-2010, 03:05 AM   #1  
Stronger then ever

S/C/G: 160/125

Height: 5'4

Default What has helped you the most to loose weigh ?

What has helped me loose weigh has been drinking water and more and more water and then some more water. Lets not forget extersize i do workout 6 times a week for two hours cardio and kick boxing and weighs..I think that loosing weigh is about will power and strength and number one patients! I am comitted to loosing weigh to be at my goal by November i know i can do this and i use to hate working out but now i loveeeee it. I feel really bad when i dont do it..i just wanted to recommend working out and drinking plenty of water. Water takes my hunger away and working out makes me feel amezing..sorry so long if anyone has more tips or anything that is helping you loose weigh i would love to hear them..thank you for your time
MoEstrada23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:22 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Checking in here everyday has been my 'secret to success'. Even on the days when I don't have time to post I take a few minutes to skim over the daily thread and new threads. Spending time with others who are committed to this lifestyle and have stuck with it day in and day out through busy times and hard times helps me remember that losing weight isn't a matter of luck - it's a matter of choice.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoEstrada23 View Post
What has helped me loose weigh has been drinking water..... Lets not forget extersize i do workout 6 times a week....and number one patients!
I drink water and exercise at least 6 times a week, too. Patience is so important! I became overweight over many years and accepting it's not a quick fix makes my daily commitment much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Checking in here everyday has been my 'secret to success'..... Spending time with others who are committed to this lifestyle and have stuck with it day in and day out through busy times and hard times helps me remember that losing weight isn't a matter of luck - it's a matter of choice.
Checking in here everyday has made a big difference. When I'm having hard times, I come here anyway and find it's much easier to get back on plan with the support and friendship of others.

I'll add planning to the list. I think planning ahead day to day is important, but planning ahead for special events is essential for me. Potlucks, barbeques, birthdays, holidays and other events where people celebrate around food are shaky ground. I always make sure that there will be food which I can eat and always take food to potlucks which is OP. When I cook for others it is always sbd friendly and if I make a dessert which isn't I always have something which is OP.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Finding a bunch of foods that are filling, healthy, and satisfying so that I am never hungry or feeling like I'm missing out.

Plus, like Heidi said, checking in here at 3FC really helps keep me on track.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #5  

Helping me to loose and maintain....
SBD
keeping a food journal (DAILY)
weighing daily and going on Phase I if I am over my 5 pound range
eating beans (daily)
eliminating sugar
eliminating junk foods.....
YEAH...SBD!!!
crutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 166.4/156.2/135

Height: 5'5

I had several issues that lead me off track, a death in my immediate family, vacation and starting anew job all in 2 weeks! i have fluxuated my weight bc of these things but as of yesterday recommited to a ph 1.5 and am back in the SBD game both mind and body!

seeing these suggestions just reaffirms my love for the way of life!

keep up the good work....now i just need to get my butt in the gym.
snackiejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #7  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

In addition to the dietary choices, completely changing behaviors has helped me to lose weight. Such as:
- planning
- sticking to the plan, haha. This means making the plan possible to implement
- having "back up" plans for surprise events/changes
- not freaking out when I feel hunger pangs - I'll wait and eat what I have planned to eat
- exercising regularly but also integrating more movement throughout my day
- utilizing the concept of no choice/off limits/not for me
- weighing myself every day. It totally takes the sting out of the ups & downs (well, the ups really)
- reminding myself constantly about why I want to be fitter so I have the strength to make good choices
- using smaller plates and sitting down at a table to eat - slowly
- keeping the junk food out of my house. I hope I can be trusted later, but for now, no - if I know it's there I will hunt it down and consume it
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote