Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #1  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Problems accessing at night

I am in California and I've noticed in the past few days that during the day here, I can access the Support Forum. However, late at night, I have logged on a few times but I can't get into the Support Forum.

Are they working on the system at night? If so, will the Support Forum be available at night soon?

Nights are the best time for me to be on 3FCs so I miss it when I can't get to it.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi I moved your post into its own thread because the problem sounds different than the ad loading problem.

The Support Forum is part of the same database and script pages that display the other forum topics, so anything that affects the forum affects it as a whole.

What is night for you? I hope that doesn't sound silly, lol. But do you mean 8pm or 2am? You might be trying to access during the time when server backups are created, as this is a resource intensive process. The site could appear sluggish or could even display a message that the server load is too high and for you to check back later.

I don't know what time the server backups are processed, but most sites do it sometime between midnight and 6am.

That could be what you are experiencing.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

Hi Suzanne! Thank you for your post.

I typically try to get on to the Support Forum between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. California time.

Tonight, I logged on at 9 p.m. and tried to get into Forum, but couldn't access it .

What is unusual about this is that until a few nights ago, I was always able to access it - so maybe it's my computer.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #4  
it's always something

Can you tell me what happens when you try to get into it? Do you get a message of any sort?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #5  
Cat Cuddler

I have found out what the problem was: I shut down my computer and logged back on. For some reason the Support Forum was collapsed. All I needed to do was expand it and I have access!!! Now I feel silly for bothering you with this!!!! Sorry to have taken up your time - I just didn't realize that the different forums would collapse. Thank you so much for your support.

Last edited by doingmybest; 09-04-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #6  
it's always something

Oh Hopefully it will stay open for you. It should set a cookie to remember which ones you open or close. Makes it easy for a lot of people that only go to certain forums
Old 09-05-2010, 03:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

I am still having problems with lagging, and the target soy joy ad.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote