Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 10:57 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home mom's #63

Stay at home Mom's #63

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #62 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 10-17-2002, 11:10 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
I actually got back here two days in a row! Simply amazing.
I had other plans for today, but realized that I had some straightening up to do at home and tonite have a full plate.
I did get my walk in this am but it felt so good. Glad that I did it. I almost forgot to get my water in.......but checking in at the previous thread and skimming Jackie's last post reminded me to refill this super size coffee mug with water. (thanks, Jackie)
Last nite after I posted I got to thinking about some of our MIA's- Spryng, Melissa.......Latisia......forgive me for forgetting all the names. Has anyone heard from them? Hope if you are lurking and not able to post that you are doing ok.

Life here continues to be interesting. We are in the process of setting strict rules for Dd (with her brand new drivers liscence for use of the car. You know stuff like you are not a chauffeur service for all your buddies.........unathorized trips to the boyfriends house are not allowed...........oh my gosh, what an undertaking. I was so much more tentative when I was 16. Asked for permission for everything.........much unlike Dd. Then this am Ds forgot his lunch............mean mom that I am I decided that at the age of 13 1/2 he could remember it by himself and if he had not been so argumentive this am would have remembered it himself. Dd was ok (the 6 year old) and is slowly improving at separating from me to go to school. It has been so tough for her to leave me this year.

Well ladies, I had better go get busy with dinner as I will not have time to cook later.

Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 10-17-2002, 01:59 PM   #3  

Hello all!!

Well, the good news is that I did fairly well yesterday with all of my goals.

1. Drank a ton of water...forgot to keep track tho!!!
2. Had Rice Krispies and toast for breakfast, small bowl of mac and cheese for lunch, and a tuna sandwich for dinner. The problem was that I kept snacking...a few chips here, a few vanilla wafers there!!
3. Did my 2 mile WATP
4. Didn't start my journal last night because I had a HUGE headache and went right to bed after work at 9!

Not too bad for my first "real" day back! The bad news is that I got on the scale this morning just too see how much I have actually gained back...YIKES!!! If you all remember I had gotten down to 215 from 230...now I'm back up to 221!!!!!!!!! All I keep thinking is that it could be much worse, but still to see how easily it creeps back on is just insane!!!!!!

Jackie--I think that water idea sounds great! I'm game! How's your week going? Hope it's going great!

Ginny--Good job getting your walk in this morning! I wish I could get my butt out of bed before dh and kids...any ideas??? Hope your week is going good too!!!

Talk to you all soon!!!
Tami
Old 10-17-2002, 02:05 PM   #4  

Default What are you grateful for???

Hi Ladies! Thought this might keep us a little motivated and to keep our spirits up! Let's list 3 (or more) things that we're grateful for today...they can be as little or as big as you want!

I'm grateful for:

1. being able to exercise and move....how many other people in the world can't even walk???? (I know...it's deep!)

2. my son reminding me with a giggle that I forgot to strap him in his car seat!!! (DUH!)

3. the Teletubbies who held my dd's attention long enough for me to make lunch!

Tami
Old 10-18-2002, 07:10 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!
Tami- thanks so much for those encouraging words. ( I needed them!) I agree with you totally about things to be thankful for.
Here's my list (just the stuff that comes to my head immediately).

1. Dd's smile..........and her sweet disposition.
2. The strength to get thru today~ and the Lord's blessing on me today. I avoided a near accident and it was only with His protection that I did.
3. This thread to vent on.
4. A picture perfect fall day here in NY.
5. Dh's slowly improving mood.

I had one doozey of a day...........but it is ending on a peaceful note. I did get my walk in this morning (late morning) and hope to get out again as I have eaten a lot of junk (stress eating big time).

Hope that you are all ok. have a great weekend!
Ginny
Old 10-19-2002, 04:03 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Quiet here.........so I will keep blabbering to myself. I actually have a few minutes to myself...... Dh and Ds went to Dd's soccer game, and the youngest Dd is at a buddy's house. So, at least for a little while it is peaceful. Good thing as Dh has been a crab.Oh well. Off to some more cleaning!
Ginny
Old 10-19-2002, 05:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Weekend, Everyone!

Just stoppin' by so that Ginny doesn't feel so lonely here! Tami & Ginny: I'd like to thank you both for your encouraging words & the great reminder for myself! Here's a list of things that I'm grateful for

1.) For 2 healthy & beautiful children.

2.) For my DH that is such a good provider for our family & also for his new disposition to show how much he loves our family! (He deserves a gold star for this!!)

3.) For all the kittens/cats that surround my house so that I'm filled with all the love to give & receive! :meow:

4.) For the Dear Lord answering my prayers for a great start to the new school year! (DS is FINALLY independent with his homework!!) AMEN!!

5.) For the 3FC's website & especially for our SAHM's thread with all you tender-hearted & supportive gals!

These are just a few things that I'm grateful for. I'll try & continue my list at a later time. Oh!, speaking of being grateful for you gals here at this site: I just read in a more recent issue of Woman's World Magazine the importance of having friends & just a few words of encouragement being e-mailed or posted to them can really make a BIG difference in their lives. (Your also supposed to give a compliment to others around you like: a store clerk or someone else in the service fields.)

Ginny: I hope you enjoyed your little peace & quiet to yourself. Also: I hope that your DH came home in better spirits!! I have a question for you: Why didn't you take a nice-soothing, much deserved bubble bath with your free time?
(Sounds better than cleaning the house!!) Oh! One more question: What near accident did you just miss getting in to? I had one of those last week with dd. I'm not sure if I posted this last week or not but.... DD & I just missed hitting 5 deer by inches last week with the car. (DH company car!) I was moving at about 55 mph & out of the corner of my eye I saw them. I locked my brakes up & left about 30 feet of tire marks on the road. If we would have hit them, it could have been close to 1,000 pounds of weight going through our windshield & with that much of weight, it could have killed us!! Tami: FYI: My week went pretty well & I made sure I was just about swimming in water!! I still haven't fit the walking into my lifestyle yet! (Keep reminding me, okay?) I did work up a sweat house cleaning though. I literally sweated so much that my clothes were so wet that it looked like I wore them in the shower!! As for you: I'm glad that you hopped on the scale to notice the slight gain. I sure wish that I could work up the courage to hop on my scale!! I can tell that I gained some extra baggage since summer just by the way my jeans fit!! Oh well, with my increase in water & my healthy food choices, I should notice a difference soon, I hope!

Well gals, I'm going to sign off for now, as dd keeps annoying me while I'm on the 'puter to a level so high that I can't even think anymore!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! C-U later!
Old 10-20-2002, 05:12 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
We have a beautiful day here in NY~ fall weather does not get much prettier than today has been. Dh and I took the kids apple picking, with moderate success. Many of the places were crowded (Dh and crowds do not mix) but it was still nice to get out. Jackie- great to hear from you. I too am afraid to get on the scale. I can give a real good guess what it will say. Glad that your close encounter with a deer was just that and not an accident. The deer behave so erratically in the fall- there are lots of dead ones in NY along the road.
Thanks for reminding me of how thankful I should be (and am) for this site and you friends here at the thread. After a somewhat rough afternoon with Dh (and Dd, his "twin") I snuck down here to spend a few minutes posting and your friendship.
Thanks for listening!!
Gotta go~ I hope to get on later and will then leave details of my near accident. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 10-20-2002, 06:13 PM   #9  

Howdy!

Ginny: Thanks for the update. FYI: My DH has been home long enough now (20 hours) to be able to figure out that he came back in a BAD mood! He also has a bad cold & looks like he's been to **** & back again. Needless to say.... my Bed & Breakfast hospitality is not panning out at the moment. I decided to stay on another level of the house with the door closed for my "time out" away from him. So Ginny....I guess you could say that it's in the air! So: Where would you like to go on a vacation with me to get away from it all? We can dream, can't we? Now-For the rest of you: What I'm grateful for today:

1.) DD is keeping herself busy by making a scare crow out in the back yard. (Unfortunately...DH had to go out in the garage to find some rope for her & I sure hope that he can find some.) Now back to DD: She is so cute to watch! She raked up a bunch of leaves found an old pair of pants of mine & stuffed them. The funny thing about these pants is that they were so tight on me a few years back that I literally busted the material out a few inches away from the zipper & now all the leaves keep falling out of the busted area. It's hard to believe that I once grew out of these pants. (I kept them as a reminder on how BIG I used to be).
I'm still bigger than I want to be, but am grateful that I'm not quite that large anymore!

2.) I'm also glad to have a 2 liter bottle of diet Mountain Dew Code Red in the house to keep me on my feet & my eyelids open on their own.

3.) Last but not least: I'm grateful to have a morning to stay in my PJ's 'til 2:00 in the afternoon! We will go to church tomorrow night.

Well-DH is back in the house & it's now time for me to finish dinner. I hope to check in tomorrow if DH leaves his laptop at home. Oh!-One last thing to be thankful for: DH leaves again tomorrow a.m. for a few more days. As long as he's grumpy-he can be 1/2 way around the world for all I care! Well-Gotta go before he catches me posting & reads it! TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 10-20-2002 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:33 PM   #10  

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW-DH DECIDED TO TAKE HIS LAPTOP WITH HIM. THIS WILL PROBABLY BE MY LAST POST 'TIL HE RETURNS. (UNLESS I CAN GET MY MONITOR ON MY COMPUTER WORKING AGAIN.) DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER!! C-U L8R GATORS!!
Old 10-22-2002, 12:27 AM   #11  

Hi, I'm back already! (Or should I say, DH is back again!) He finished with his out of town job early & came home tonight. And as I can see....no one missed me here at the SAHM's thread! So-I'll make it short so that I don't have to keep communicating to myself! All I want to say is that I felt really fat today & I'm starting to fit back into my larger pair of jeans (not the size I busted out of a few years ago, thank goodness!), but the next size up. I refuse to "move up" a size, so some serious business is ahead of me. So...I'll continue drinking my water & gradually work up to a gallon p/day & I will also start counting my fat grams & WW points. Well-this is it for tonight, gals. Nighty Night!
Old 10-22-2002, 11:15 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!
Jackie, you are not alone out there........I wanted so badly to get online yesterday, and it just did not work out. Now, lets get serious about the vacation.............honestly, I do not really care where it is, as long as there is no phone- no crabby family members, a pretty place to walk and a comfy chair to crochet in and read. Opps- I forgot a bottomless cup of tea. I kind of have a thing for the Adirondacks- with a nice lake to look out on- but realizing that that is a NY state thing, I will trust your judgement as far as picking a place to vacation at! Join me please!!!!!!
Sorry that Dh came home in such a charming mood. The air is clearing here- my Dh did finally fess up to his awful temperment~ I did not really get an apology for his foul mood, but he explained why he was so miserable. I did try my best to explain to him how awful he made me feel..........who knows if it did any good. I also tried to explain that I was not responsible for all of the misery of his life (which was basically what his crummy mood was all about ~ or at least that is what he was trying to make everyone believe) and that all of the stuff he was trying to throw my way I refused to take responsibility for (for example, I am not responsible for the moron who just cut him off at an intersection, or at least I don't think so!) So, things are a bit more peaceful here. And considering that I am in PMS mode (down to any day now) he is fortunate that I do not get really wierd with PMS moodiness (I get weepy, not usually crabby). Nuff of that!!!!!!!
I have gotten walks in both yesterday and today- and am fully loving the fall weather here! So, on that happy note I will shift into my thankful list for today.........

1. I am thankful for fall........the wonderful colors and the crisp air. It is the BEST!

2. My sweet little Dd who is so wonderful~ She puts up with my whole route in the am (yup, I am still driving am also)- and honestly just seems happy just to be with me. So we just enjoy each others company while I drive out of town (past the farms, and the geese and some beautiful scenery) enroute to my pickups.

3. Hazelnut coffee. Nuff 'said!

4. Our worthless, lazy and slightly overweight cat- who helps me keep life in perspective. But she lifts her head for a pet and purr whenever I pass her. What a sweetie (until she bites actually nips) my leg if I am not opening the cat food fast enough.

5. Ds who never ceases to amaze me or find ways to confuse me.
If he was not mine I would actually find his antics entertaining.

6. The World Series. Not that I love Baseball ~just that having it on gives Dh and Dd something they like to watch on TV!

On that happy note ladies, I will scoot. I am helping out at Dd's school for lunch this afternoon and have to get that stew in the crock pot.
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 10-22-2002, 11:17 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Opps- I forgot. Jackie, Dd's scare crow sounds so cute! Thanks for sharing that. And where is everyone else??????????
Old 10-22-2002, 11:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default I'm BACK!!

Hello all!!
I'm finally online again! I feel like I've been out of the loop for so long now!
We moved. To Kansas. Long story. But we are very happy and settled now. We've been here for three weeks now and we also have some other great news! I'm 5 weeks pregnant!! I don't know if you all remember me talking about wanting another one, but we planned this one and it only took two months to concieve so I'm counting my blessing. This will be our last baby so I'm really trying to enjoy it this time. I'm due June 23, 2003.
I can't wait to catch up on all of you! I've missed this thread so much!! Can't wait to hear from you all!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:19 PM   #15  

Good Evening!

Spryng: Glad to see you back!! Congrats on your pregnancy too! The baby's due date is the same day as our 19th Wedding Anniversary! I guess I won't forget the due date! I'm so happy that things are working out so great for you, as you deserve it so much! How are the kids adjusting to their new bedrooms? You'll have to let us know more when you're more settled. Ginny: Glad that your DH has came out of his moodiness & mine has too!! His surprise return trip home has been rather pleasant. As for our vacation: I guess New Yorker's think a lot like us Wisconsinites! It sounds rather pleasant to me too! I'm happy to hear that you are able to bring your dd along with you on your route & that she is content enough just to be with you. She sounds like such a cutie!
Well gals, my DH is in such a great mood that he keeps yacking to me while I'm trying to type this-so I think I'll sign off for now!
Closed Thread