Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Default Skinny jeans?

Okay so I never really thought that skinny jeans looked good on larger women, just because the taper of the leg disproportioned everything. I decided, on my mom's and friend's opinions, to get a pair but I'm nervous to wear them out! These are them:

Honestly do they look okay to wear out? I'm just nervous. Also how in the world do I dress up these suckers? I have some money for a pair of shoes and I saw these cute little booties:
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoe...nkle+Boots.jsp
And then there's of course like the ugg type boot but would I not look a little odd wearing them in the fall? I also saw these:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...0030001P?mv=rr
But I'm not sure how much wear I would get out of them?
This is my first time EVER in skinny jeans so please, suggetions on how to wear them would be awesome!
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #2  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

I love that skinny jean. Looks very good on you. I definitely think skinny jean looks good on everyone.
About the boots, I like the first one very much. Would love to have them myself.
I usually wear ankle boots with short skirts or shorts (above knees level) - I just prefer it that way.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #3  

Ooh thank you! I looked at my kohls but they only had one pair left in a 10 and that's not me =/. I'll have to look other places for booties I guess.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #4  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

I've seen a lot of people who look were bad in skinny jeans, the proportion thing...you they are flattering on you. You should strut around town in them and show them off.
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Okay, take this from an old-fashioned 35 year old. My 17 year old sister would say you look awesome! And they DO flatter your hips! You look great there! But in my opinion, and they do this on me too, I think they makes the legs like an upside down V from the knees down, because of that tapered thing you mentioned. I personally feel like they accentuate the thighs and give us deformed knees.

BUT, if that's the style, so be it. I tried on a pair at a store and was mortified by what they did to my shape, but three store workers and several passersby thought they looked terrific. (Seriously, there were way too many people there that day.) So take my opinion for what it's worth.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #6  

^
Thanks. I understand what you guys are saying (exactly what I was talking about Eliana) . I want honest opinions. Do you think, possibly, there would be some way to even out the bottom? Like with shoes or something? That sounds odd but I was thinking that maybe if I did something like that it wouldn't look like as...dis-proportionate? I can always return them but if there's some way to make them work I wouldn't mind either lol.

Last edited by bunnythesAINT; 08-29-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Boots sound like a possibility, but you've already exhausted my fashion sense. I'm sorry, I'm really no help!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #8  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Bunny, I'm 47 and I love skinnies! They are my preference although I do have some bootcuts and straight legs as well. I think that I like them because they are similar to the jeans we wore in the early 80s. I love my skinnies with ballet flats or cute loafers. I am on the look out for some cute brown scrunch boots for fall. Booties are super cute too. I get your concerns about the proportions and trying to balance it out. But I think you look fine and that you should just rock 'em.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

What Losermom says: I wear mine rolled, slightly sloppily, with no socks and shoes like these:

http://www.balletshoes.net/

My favorite shoes to wear this past summer with skinny jeans were these, worn with a red t-shirt on top.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

Last edited by saef; 08-30-2010 at 09:17 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't think they look bad or anything, but I really dislike skinny jeans and don't think they are flattering on ANYBODY. I just think they look uncomfortable and too tight (yeah, I know, I get that that's the point). Hate the boots...but it's just not my style.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i think you have great style and i would personally pair them with the lace up boots. my personal take on style is that fashion "rules" are meant to be broken, so if you like the the jeans and think you look good in them.. own it.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Even when I lose some weight, the only time I would wear skinny jeans would be with knee high heeled boots and this leather jacket I have that hits low on my hip. I hate having jeans tight around my calves unless I'm trying to fit them in boots.

That said, I think they look cute on you, but I still say boots.
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

In all honesty, it's entirely down to you and what makes you feel good and confident. My opinion from the photos is that I don't think they look bad on you at all, but I don't personally feel that they're doing anything to really enhance your figure and show it off to its best either - I just have a hunch that a slightly different cut of jean (maybe even only subtly different, like a different cut of skinny or straight leg jean) would make your figure look really great. So yep, I think these are absolutely fine and if you love them and feel great in them then definitely keep them, but I also think there's other jeans out there that could make you look really great too.

For my own body shape, I tend to avoid very tight skinny jeans that taper right the way down to the ankle. I feel that they exaggerate my larger areas (thighs and hips), and I don't really like this. I don't think there's a certain "type" of person who skinny jeans (or any jeans for that matter!) suit, skinnies can look great or awful on all different body shapes, and I don't think it's just about weight or size.

Personally, I prefer straight-leg jeans because I really dislike the tightness and tapering around the calves in skinnies. My favourite pair of straight leg jeans actually had a very similar sillouhette to skinnies, but they just went straight down from the knee, so they didn't taper in at the ankle (but there was no big flare either!). Therefore, I felt that my legs looked "balanced" above and below the knee, if that makes any sense. I find that I can wear these jeans in just the same way as you might wear skinnies (e.g., to show off cute pumps, or with a floaty top), but I just find them infinitely more flattering and comfortable without the uncomfortable ankle tapering going on! Also, I find they squish in my arse a lot less! My bum shrank when I lost some weight (which I don't really like!), and skinnies are often so tight they completely eradicate it altogether, leading to an undersirable androgenous flat-arsed look
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #14  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Personally, I dislike skinny jeans, it doesn't matter what size the person is who is wearing them. That said, they look fine on you and I really like the second pair of boots.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:52 AM   #15  

Thanks everyone, I get what you're saying about them not doing much for my shape and all. I think I could definitely give just straight-leg jeans a try, I use to steer away from these types of pants when I was at HW just because I had massively poky thighs but things are different now, right? I looked for some boots but it's too early for boots, I guess (and it's like 90 degrees out, eep). Thank you for the advice and input everyone, I really appreciate it.