Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 07:56 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Thursday's thread

Just getting today's thread started...
Old 10-17-2002, 08:00 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Me again! How you all doing today? After days of rain, the sun is finally shining in London today. But it's very cold! So has anyone got any fun plans for the weekend? I'm planning to relax at home for a change (too many holidays makes you want to nest a little!). I'm off my booze at the moment (most unlike me) so i'm def not feeling quite right! hopefully I'll perk up after some pampering at home. Will have to convince BF to give me a massage!
Have a nice day, I'll be back later,
Kirsty
Old 10-17-2002, 08:08 AM   #3  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi Kirsty - Isn't it funny when you need a vacation away from your vacation? I get like that. I need a few days to recoup even after a weekend trip.

Belle - I know you're with your family, but how is the baby? How is your sister doing?
The boyfriend situation - I thought Jeremy's dad would be a great father/husband, and I'm very unhappy. We went through a separation because he thought the grass was greener on the other side. And I've been through so much more after we've now been back together (and that's why I'm looking to get out - not so easy when a child is involved). I've tried making things work - we're just 2 VERY different people, especially where our son is concerned. You just can't change people. I also learned that people are products of their past and their environments. Jeffrey treats his son just as his father treated him (and still does) and everyone but Jeff see's this. Unfortunately he'll have the same relationship with Jeremy.
But I wanted to send my support to you about the baby & your sister - not ramble about relationships.

No time to chat - time to get the kiddo on the bus!

Talk to you guys later!

Good morning, sunshines!
Old 10-17-2002, 08:35 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Belle, your family is still in my prayers...hope little Carmen is hanging on there and getting as strong as she can!

Good morning, everyone! I just wanted to report that I'm so very proud of me. I got up this morning at 5:30 (Aaron had taken off his pajamas in his crib, diaper and all, and was cold and wet...I felt bad that he was so miserable, but he was so dang cute standing there without a stitch on!). After I bathed, re-pajamed baby, changed sheets, and rocked back to sleep, I was up for the day. So I rode my exercise bike for twenty minutes ( which I'll add to later) and took a shower, dried my hair, got makeup on, made coffee, got the dishwasher unloaded, threw in a load of laundry, and made myself breakfast. I love good starts to the day!

Deb, you're doing the right thing by getting Jeremy out of a situation where his father isn't a healthy influence on his life. In the long run, I bet they actually will develop a better relationship for it.

Kirsty, I hope you're feeling better soon. Is "off my booze" a term meaning you don't feel well, or does it literally mean that you feel so icky that you don't even want to drink? That's one I've never heard before!

Ok, I am home all day (having a lazy day, I hope) so I'll be checking in lots...post away!!!
Old 10-17-2002, 09:09 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Good Morning All!

I did a new work-out tape this morning and did it kick my butt! I did The Firms (I LOVE their tapes) Super Sculpt. I had to switch to lower weights for the arms 1/2 way through and I can still really feel them.

Kirsty - a weekend at home sounds so lovely. I think I'm jealous....it will be November before I might get a weekend at home. Tell BF that a massage (full body naturally) is absolutely neccessary!

Deb - I'm sorry your in such an unhappy situation with your son's father. Speaking as a child of divorce....I would have been a lot better off if my parents had split much much sooner than they did . Getting Jeremy out of a toxic situation may be the best thing you can do for him.

Jayne - you superwoman you! I'm so impressed by everything you've gotten done. I'm glad you'll be around to post a lot today...the board was so quiet yesterday. Tell us how the conference went.

My weekend isn't too exciting. Friday night my cousin and I are going to dinner and a movie - we haven't had quality cousin bonding time lately so it should be fun. Saturday I have WI and work all day and Sunday my cousin plays in a soccer tournament so I'll be there to cheer her on. I do have a date Saturday night which should be fun - he said he'd call and tell me how to dress and that everything else was a surprise. Fun!

I'll check back in awhile.

Laura
Old 10-17-2002, 09:55 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, not much to report on my end. Just been busy at work this week! Ughhh. And none of my clothes fit and I am miserable. I am in the inbetween stage too. Don't quite look PG, so can't really wear that many maternity clothes. I just look chubby. I am wearing new maternity pants today tho. They are just big in the front, otherwise they look normal. I just hiked them up!

My dad stopped by quickly after work last night and moved the furniture to the basement... including the treadmill. Yippee. I need to get some exercise in soon. I feel lethargic!

Kirsty... I need a nesting day too. Too much going on lately!

Jayne... oh they are so cute, but don't you hate those rude awakenings? Sometimes Emma can be so naughty, but I can't help but smile at her because she is soooooo cute. Last night we were laying on the bed watching TV and she rolled over and said "Hi Mommmmma". In the cutest voice. Kids are just so precious!

Deb...you are a strong woman to see there are problems and then making the change!!! I am hearing you roar!

OK, guess I should get back to work...
Old 10-17-2002, 10:01 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default Good morning`

Hi! Thanks for all of your warm wishes, prayers and thoughts about Carmen and my family. I have been trying to get through a work crunch and deal with this situation this week, as well, I have to go out of town today and I am in a wedding on Saturday with rehearsals on Friday so its been tough! I am the only one in my family working this week, so I feel a little out of the loop, but that's OK, there are lots of people there to support her.

I have some good news. Before Carmen can have surgery she must get off all her medicatoins, one for her blood pressure, one to keep some valve open that normally closes after 3 days of life, and a couple others I don't remember. anyway, they have already taken her off one completely and lowered her oxygen twice with no stress on her heart and all blood gases are normal. She is off her paralysis as well, so she can open her eyes and move (she is still sedated though, of course) and she has been taking breast milk through a tube. This is very good news. Today they will try to take her off the respirator, as she can breathe on her own quite well and the oxygen level is so low its not even necessary. This means that she can be held for the first time - my sister is estatic. She can't breast feed yet but she must get used to the smells and feel of the breast so she'll "nuzzle" today if they successfully get her off the respirator.

If she gets off all the meds (when she does, that is) she will be re-assessed. If her heart is doing well on its own, she will come home and have the surgery at about 2 years old - they have a much higher success rate at that age. If she can't wait, she will have the surgery then, but it usually involves another surgery when she is older, like abut 4 or 5.

Lori, thanks for the invitation to pm you - I might take you up on that!! Nice having a doctor around!!

I had a dream about you girls the night before last - it was that we all met in a Shoppers Drug Mart. Jen L had Emma with her and Kim was in a wedding dress. It was very weird, but probably a dream signifying who my support systme is made up of, b/c my sisters picked me up after in the dream and one of my friends was in the car too....

I have to get going so I don't have time to properly post, but I wanted to update you all and thank you for your goodwishes. Carmen can use all the prayers she can get.....

Love Belle
Old 10-17-2002, 10:07 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Here is a picture of Carmen - as you can tell, she is pretty big - 8.5 lbs!! Her colour is good too....thank goodness.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:38 AM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Belle - your niece is just beautiful. I'm so glad to hear of the improvements in her health. Thank you for keeping us updated despite all the craziness in your life. Please know that you and your family are still in my thoughts.

JenL - sorry that you're so miserable with the in between clothing stage. It must be hard. Sounds like Emma was adorable last night.

So, the DEVIL works in my office and he's jumping from body to body compelling people to bring evil treats to work. Today he compelled a woman I work with to bring in a trail mix of peanuts and candy corn (tastes like a PayDay candy bar). Everyone was insisting that I try it - so I did - I had 1 peanut and 1 candy corn because I got the flavor without as many calories right? - did my colleagues every howl with laughter. Ridicule...the price I pay for being a good little WW.

Laura
Old 10-17-2002, 10:43 AM   #10  

Thanks for the update Belle. I am so glad the Carman is responding and she does look good in the picture, despite the tubes. Her size is a definate bonus. In HS I had a Friend who had heart surgery when she was a baby. She was physically fine the rest of her life and even had a black belt is tae quon do. It was congenital tho, and she did lose her first child in utero to it. But the good news, she has had 3 since and all happy and very very healthy. From what I remember, it was more prevalent in girls. So there is HUGE hope for your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Oh yah and I am emotional about this, but that is because I am PG and full of wacko hormones. So if I get all mushy, just excuse me!!!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:56 AM   #11  

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in-I have WI tonight and am not expecting anything great but I am forcing myself to go!!!
This weekend we have ANOTHER wedding-this one is one of my closest friends-she is getting married at the boathouse in Central park, NY-should be very posh I am excited...SO we are going to NY Friday, then Saturday we are having girls day and getting manicured and pedicured, etc. Sunday is the wedding. And I get to do it all over again next weekend with my best friend Stacey! Hectic, but fun...I need a vacation from all of this-hence, the trip to Aruba in november. I don't have an entirely free weekend to just spend at home until December!

Jayne-you are the woman! I am so NOT a morning person...maybe I should wait to have kids!

Jen-L-A few of the docs that i work with are PG and they are in that in between stage as well-feeling chubby-but the good part is, soon you will be showing, and it is the only time in your life you don't worry about your weight!

Belle-Good news! I am so glad for you and your family-and she is adorable!

Kirsty-I have had that feeling asbout alcohol-esp. after many weekends in a row of weddings and open bar!

Laura-Guess that Devil is here in my office too-I am trying so hard to be good-and there is sabotage everywhere!

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 10-17-2002, 12:49 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Jayne - I can't believe the amount of things you did with your morning! It makes me tired just thinking about it
Belle - thanks for the update and the picture - she looks fantastic!
Deb - I went for dinner with my ex's best friend's wife (sounds more compicated in writing) - and she asked me for advice on how to break free - very strange - I told her to do what she had to so she could be happy and then she'll be a better mom for her little one.
Kirsty - off the booze? Maybe a nice glass of wine along with that massage...
Laura - I always slack off when I do the tapes at home - I need that crazy instructor yelling at me so I can keep moving.
Jen - how far along were you with Emma when you started to show and need the maternity clothes? - a friend of mine is 13 weeks and starting to worry about it cause her clothes are not fitting. It must be so great to have a belly with a purpose.
Lori - holy weddings - I never new so many people got married in the fall.

OK - I have to go on a break but I'll check in later.
KT
Old 10-17-2002, 05:08 PM   #13  

KT... With Emma I didn't start bulging until about 14 weeks. With this one, I was slightly bulging at 9 weeks, but now at 11 weeks my big pants don't fit anymore. I am really bulging now. They say you show much quicker with each PG. YIKES!!!

I have been busy today and away from my desk a lot.
Closed Thread