Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #1  

Default New Here - Need Support

Hi everyone. My name is Jen. I have a binging problem and nobody really knows or those that know don't understand. I hide my binges and I don't really like eating in front of people. I could live on chocolate and fast food. Lately it's been getting worse. I have a 20 month old son and I feel like I'm setting an awful example for him. I'm an all or nothing person, which makes it very hard to curb my eating and just have "a little" of a treat. My husband doesn't understand that at all. He says it's just my excuse. The only diet that has ever worked for me is Weight Watchers.

I'm 34, 5'5" and I weight 180.

Lately I'm sneaking to get fast food at every chance I get. I've tried to like healthy food and I just don't. I'm a very picky eater so once I start with an eating plan, it seems to go down the tubes.

I know I'm rambling. I'd love any thoughts, advice or support.
JLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #2  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Well, Jen, you've absolutely arrived in the right place! Your fellow binge eaters in this forum definitely know where you are coming from.

Come join us on the binge-free challenge thread where we inspire and challenge each other to remain binge-free every day! Lots of support in that thread, support AND encouragement!

For me, the main tool I have to overcome my binge habits is PLANNING. The less I leave to chance the more likely it is that I will stay on plan and stay binge free. This means taming my "inner teenager" who wants to eat whatever she wants (mostly junk food) now, now, now.! She's a very naughty person who never grew up. My inner teenager does NOT get to do the meal planning.

My inner, responsible grown-up (she's in here somewhere!) does the meal planning and chooses healthy foods and knows that long-term successes such as lower blood pressure, lower BMI, lower body-weight, etc. are important and are worth working for! My inner adult knows that long-term success is more important than short-term satisfaction.

My inner adult is the person who pays bills on time, who puts money in the savings account, who manages the 401K, who gets regular dental check-up.... AND.... who makes the meals plans, who experiments with new vegetables and recipes to find healthy foods that taste good, who chooses whole, natural foods over junky processed food-like products.

That being said, it isn't easy and I need lots of support, which is why I'm here in this forum!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote