Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #1  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Default Exercise plateau?

A question for you exercise gurus: Is there such a thing as an exercise "plateau?"

For the last 7+ days, I have felt completely fatigued - both mentally and physically. I have barely been able to push through the routines that were getting to be fairly easy for me. I'm finding that my entire body feels really tired - like I've taxed it without rest, which isn't true! I actually took 2 days off (in a row) last week, and my first day back was yoga, which is challenging physically in terms of strength, but not cardio.

Anyway, just curious what is going on. I have just gotten my period, so I know that is playing into things, but sheesh...

For background, I have been incorporating regular physical activity since April. I started with 3x/week, but have been doing 5-6x/week for most of the summer. I just reached my weight loss goal in early June, and have been toying with dropping a few more pounds, but not actively persuing it at this time. I'm just trying to figure out how to stabilize. I eat relatively high protein and lower carb (but not low carb - I average 150-200g/day) and limit my processed foods. I also drink 80-100oz water every day on average.

What gives here? Thanks for your advice.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #2  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Well I am no guru but I have been doing this exercise thing a looong time and I have learned to listen to my body. If it needs a break, give it a break or else it will force you to take a break (meaning you will probably come down with the cold or flu). Try going cold turkey re: exercise for 3 days straight and see what happens. Just continue eating right and your body should bounce back in no time.

Btw...are you taking a multivitamin?
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote