Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy TMI Alert!! Skin Problems and Sex?

Ok, so it's so gross but I get boils and the like on my skin, which is very sensitive, and especially in the inner thigh area. It happens more when I sweat, but it just happens anyway because my thighs are rubbing together. It's really gross and it can be very painful and I hate it!
And, I hate it because when it comes to sex I'm always worried that a guy is going to see them down there and get all grossed out. I like this guy and we totally flirt it up and we definitely want to get down, but I think the sores are so gross I've been putting it off. I'm probably more insecure about the gross sores than I am about my cellulite!
Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has tips for making them heal faster or on how to prevent them? Or any tips on how to cover them so they don't look as gross or anything like that?
Thanks in advance, and sorry it's such a yucky topic!
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:28 AM   #2  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

hm not sure on clearing them up any faster- but on prevention i really love the monistat anti-chafing gel. it rubs on, but then becomes kinda powdery. helps a lot especially when wearing a skirt to keep the chub rub to a minimum. i've even used it under my boobs to help with bra irritation.

maybe a trip to a dermatologist is in order to see if there's something that will help heal them in the meantime?
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

It may be a skin condition called Hidradenitis suppurativa - you might want to read more about it to see if it sounds like your symptoms might match. If so, a visit to the dermatologist might really help to clear things up.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hid...rativa/DS00818
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:51 AM   #4  

Mandalinn, that is exactly what it sounds like! Thanks very much, I am going to look into it and see if I can't get to see a dermatologist. I'd been googling and googling and googling some more, but didn't return a whole lot. Thanks veyr much!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #5  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I have this as well. I use to get huge boils and they leave bad scars. But since I have lost 80lbs I dont ever get em
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #6  

Interesting Terre, I do know that it's majorly caused by the friction generated by my fat thighs (what an awful phrase, "friction generated by my fat thighs", lol) and especially hot days or wearing jeans too much makes it worse. I am hoping that it's just a function of being overweight and not some permanent condition. It's just so darn gross! It make me worried that some guy will think it's herpes or something, that's even yuckier. LOL TMI thread!!hahaha
Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I agree that if you have insurance a visit to the dermatologist is in order!

Besides barriers like powder or the gels, have you considered under garments that cover the thigh? I got them at Fashion Bug but I am sure you can find them elsewhere. These are light weight, mostly cotton and are basically tights that end at the knee, so they are not too tight or restrictive but they do smooth the thighs. Two pair were around 25 bucks. If you but these on line the sizes seem to run large as I have big thighs but fit into the 1X when I was size 20-22.

The matching underwire cami is nice too as long as you only wear a c-d cup.

Last edited by nancymae; 08-26-2010 at 05:25 PM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I get these too, and have the same fear about guys seeing them. I do get them a whole lot less since I've lost weight though. Still, I have some pretty dark scars that bug me.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #9  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Sometimes I wear spandex and that
works very well! The only downfall
to that is some spandex's cut into
your stomach around the waistline
and that can always be a pain.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

There's also a chafing product called Body Glide usually sold at running stores. As far as how to clear them up quickly, I swear by tea tree oil. I love it and it has a lot of antimicrobial properties, but ask your doc. I put a few drops of TT oil in my lotion and rub into areas that are prone to breakouts.
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Seriously, I don't think that guys look at us nearly as closly as we think they do... but if you are bothered by the dark pigment professional skin bleaching is always an option!

Could be a great "reward" for getting to your goal weight!

Last edited by nancymae; 08-27-2010 at 08:03 PM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #12  

My doctor suggested I take a zinc supplement for this exact thing. It's made the breakouts less frequent, less painful, and take less time to heal. It's also helped with some of the scarring that would have occurred. I had them for about a year before I couldn't take it anymore, and when I mentioned it to my husband his response was "you have what on your thigh? I never noticed." Granted, he's not the most observant person ever, but still - guys don't notice our "flaws" the way we do. My doctor determined there's something wrong with my sweat glands, they produce too much and don't excrete enough, so he put me on meds to help it. Now, I can stand outside in the middle of winter without sweating like a pig, it's great.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

be careful of powders etc they can make it much worse. There is a product called boil ease that will help with the itching and some of the swelling. I ended up at a plastic surgeon for skin removal and sweat gland removal in the groin. It took care of a good portion of my problem. I have also done lasers that have kept flair UPS down in other places. Happy to answer any questions if it us indeed HS.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I had some a few years back and my doctor recommend Epsom salt. Pour some into a warm bath and soak a couple times a week. Or, if like me you don't have a bathtub, sprinkle them on a towel that is soaked in really hot water and just sit on that on the shower floor. It cleared them up in a couple days and Epsom salt was less than $3 at the drug-store.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 208/172/130

Height: 5'2"

The only thing about the spandex is it can cause yeast infections from lack of breatheability (is that a word? lol) to your...um..nether regions. Be very careful with those boils, if they become infected or open without antibacterial treatment, it could develop into staph/mrsa. iI agree with the tea tree oil, but I would take a warm bath and put the oil in the tub.
You can soak a tea bag briefly in hot water, but not hot enough to burn, and place it over the boil for a few minutes. repeat with same bag a few times until the bags falling apart, usually 30 min or more. It draws out the infection. Then you would take your bath.
Also you could add 1/2 tsp of baking soda to your water you drink daily, if you do not have blood pressure conditions. It raises your ph to a healthier level, so you can resist infections easier.

Last edited by emeraldsunsets; 08-27-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: safety of recipe
emeraldsunsets is offline   Reply With Quote