Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Training and losing...

So I'm training for a half marathon, but I want to lose another 5-15 lbs. When I started training I was just trying to maintain, but I was doing it by just adding a bunch of extra cals to the weekend. So I'm planning to back off that, but I'm afraid my cals will be too low as my miles increase which they're starting to do. So I was thinking about setting my cals at maintenance for my goal weight, but I'm a little worried they're too high. So I'm having trouble finding the balance. Advice?

My losing cals were 1500-1750 with one 2100 day. The low end of my maintenance cals for my goal weight would be 1650-1950 with one 2400 cal day and the high end would be 1800-2150 with one 2600 day. I zig zag by the way. So I know those sound high off the bat, but you can see I was losing steadily at 1500-1750, so with the extra exercise it's not crazy to think I could still lose at 1650-1950, 1800-2150 I'm not so sure. I tend to need to eat more as I exercise more to lose, but obviously there's a cutoff.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Wow, congrats on your weightloss so far!!

I think you'll just have to keep zig-zagging and playing with your calories to see what works for you at this point in time of your training...

Keep up the great work you seem to have a very good handle on things...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote