Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 12:17 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #228

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:22 AM   #2  

Just headed for bed. My fun time is over and time to head back to Missouri to cheer up my mom again. It gets harder and harder to cheer her up each visit.

YES .... I LOVED "The Lion King". LOL
I had sooo much I wanted to tell all of you I forgot to say how much I LOVEd the play. I would recommend it for everyone. Now I have to go watch the movie again. LOL
I wish I had watched it before I went to see the play. It has been a longggggggg time since I saw the movie. I think about 7 years ago.

It will be Weighin Wednesday by the time you read this.
I am going to Weigh in while in Missouri and get back on track.
I totally enjoyed my weekend off... but it is time to get serious again.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:40 AM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Wink I'm here........

but I'm training someone tonight so internet time is limited. I will talk with you guys for a good long while tomorrow. Just wanted to check in, give you a big and let you know I am still OP! Love you guys.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:24 AM   #4  

It's snowing...I have to go to work early, and work late...oh, did I mention it's snowing. UGH.....

I don't mind snow, even like it most of the time but NOT from October through May!!!!!! .....(sometimes, usually April) WAY too much !!!

BUT the mosquitoes are gone!!!!

Happy to read everyone is doing so good....I have to join you!!!
Old 10-16-2002, 08:33 AM   #5  

Hello everyone!

Well I weighed myself this morning and I lost 2 little stupid pounds. For the last four weeks I have cut out alcohol, soda, I have been working out hard 4 days a week for 50 minutes and trying to cut down on my food intake and all I lost was two stupid pounds!

Well I am not going to worry with that stupid scale anymore. I feel so much better and my clothes fit looser and when I look at myself I look ten pounds lighter! That is so weird to me. How can I loose only 2 pounds but to me it looks like I lost 10. Maybe it is just me, but some people have mentioned to me that it looks like I lost weight. I dont know! What I do know is that I am not going to give up on this thing called weight loss. I am going to work harder than ever before.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:27 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Yeah, tontoy, but how many stupid inches did you lose?

Muscle weighs more than fat. If you are building muscle while losing fat, you're not going to see mega loss on the scale...you will see it in your clothing and the mirror. Go by that instead.
AND by the compliments!

Hey, Lucky...maybe some cute snow plow guys will rumble on by the farm...you never know!

We are experiencing a bit of a Nor'easter today. Lots of rain and wind...can't even bother using umbrellas, they just blow inside out.

Despite the adverse weather conditions, I made it to Curves this morning and over to Aquacize immediately following...I saw a friend at the gym and we were commiserating about our ongoing struggles with weight. She feels that she needs to go on anti-depressants to get her into the "proper" frame of mind to lose the large amount of weight that she needs to lose. It wasn't that long ago (a month or so? maybe?) that I was feeling the exact same way. Just so depressed about my failure to get my eating under control. And you know what I have found out??? The best, bar none mood elevator is...are you ready?? Regular exercise. Do something every day and you will feel better. Do a little, do a lot, just move that body a bit and get the heart rate up and you will feel better. And you won't want to put too much junk into your body after you have worked it! Since I began exercising regularly, I have been eating better. I feel great, I have so much energy, get more done around the house, I think positive thoughts and do not dwell on the negative. I look forward to the day I reach my goal. I can SEE IT!! I know it will happen, because I'm going to make it happen. I know it won't be easy, I know it will take a long time. I also know that I do not want to get any bigger. I want to feel pretty again...and I WILL! It's all up to me.

Stepping off my now.

I will weigh in later this afternoon, when I get up from my sleep...just like weighing first thing in the morning! Will report results, come what may. I hope everyone had a great WI! not...oh you know...

see you later...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-16-2002 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:22 PM   #7  

Angry Happy WI Wednesday!

Hi all!

Here's a snipet from my online journal... which I tend to update on WI Wednesdays.

It's Weigh-In Wednesday today and with it comes no surprise as I must of weighed myself five times since my last "official" weigh-in. This week I was NOT loosing. My eating was completely on plan (save for a couple of least-calorie-offensive drinks at the bar) but my body decided it was gonna take a rest at 78 pounds lost--which I had decided I was okay with. I mean, I've lost consistently every week since May... so big deal, right? Well... this morning suddenly brought with it a ONE pound loss... so I'll take it! That's 79 pounds down and 41 to go! All is good. I tend to lose in spurts anyhow. Before I know it, I'll be at 85 pounds lost and wonder how I got there so quickly!

There is no TRY. I WILL get to 150 pounds. Keep checking on me... you'll see!

Sara
270/191/150
Old 10-16-2002, 06:34 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Sara congrats on the 1 lb...every bit gives us more insentive!

I am here to report that I AM A GLUTTON!
Old 10-16-2002, 06:57 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Michelle, get your gluttinous booty back in here and get back on track! The past is past. Start from this moment on. Come on, girl! Get that points tracker out and your little WW scale...I KNOW you have a million cool 'light' recipes, you always used to *sniff* share with us! We miss you, honey!
Old 10-16-2002, 09:32 PM   #10  

Yeah, Michelle....what gives. I NEED you .... I found out today we have to order new work uniforms so I need to lose about 100lbs by December.... I need your support and help!!!! Here are some : from me to you ..... please come out and post!!

Kat, I may have to get Baylee, pick you up and go over and kick Michelle's a$$ since we have Tina back on track. Hmmmm since our threat you notice Tina lost 6.2 lbs and is posting happy Tony thoughts....how about you all head my way for a swift kick?????
Old 10-16-2002, 11:54 PM   #11  

Angry Howdy Chick-apeas!

I just got back from a late-night training session at the Sexual Assault Support Centre and decided to pop online to see how all my favorite ladies were doing!

Michelle... Ditto on Kat's and Lucky's comments! We ALL have had our moments of glutteny; those are in the past. Decide right now to take control of your life and start anew! We're here for you! You are such an important part of this thread and I'll always have a special place for you in my heart for sending me that WW info! You're the best!

Baylee... Thanks so much for the encouragement and congrats; I think it means more when I only lost one pound! Hope your bike riding and work went well for you today!

Kat... You are doing AWESOME exercising! I remember you posting when you were feeling down and I compare it to your posts now, and there is definitely a difference in your spirits! (Although, admittedly, your posts are/were ALWAYS quirky!) I'm glad you're OP, exercising, and in control! You're an inspiration to me in the exercise department! I do sit-ups and stuff like that but my aroebic stuff has been lacking since the cold weather hit!

Tontoy... Take your 2 stupid pounds like I took my 1 stupid pound and RUN WITH IT! Down is amazingly better than up! CONGRATULATIONS! And, again, Kat's right. Just how many stupid inches do you suppose you lost?

Lucky... My condolences on the snow! Yuck!

Well, day one of our five day anniversary starts tomorrow! Hee, hee... I'm excited about giving present number one to my hubby with a little card that says something like:

"Just as our love has grown for the last five years, so will your presents for the next five days!"

Tacky, I know... but fun!

TTFN
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 10-17-2002 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:50 AM   #12  

No time to visit... just had to tell you all.....

I stayed on program !!!! and I maintained the last couple of weeks off program. I just may make it after all.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:26 AM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Where have I been???? My days are just flying by and I have no time to myself. Will I ever get back to normal before I forget what normal is?????

My life is too insane right now. Gotta re-group, simplify, un-clutter and take a vacation.

See ya all later. I love ya, even though I'm not here much.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:28 AM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Red face ALRIGHT!! THIS IS A DIRECT ORDER!

Michelle! Get your butt back in here! Honey, we are all gluttons in one way or another.....it's a fact. There are many types of gluttons.......gluttons for alcohol, gluttons for work, gluttons for cigarettes, gluttons for food........gluttons for PUNISHMENT. That's what we do when we consume too much of these things. We punish our bodies and our minds. Michelle, you KNOW I have been there.....we all have. Pick yourself up sweetie. I know it's hard, but you can do it. No one has the personality & motivation that you do. I can't count on my fingers and toes the times that you have motivated me and made me feel better. I love the way you share your life with us.........whether it be about Andrew or John (I think that's right) or even just the wonderful recipes you give us. I'm not perfect & I don't have all the answers. None of us have. But we do know one thing. We have ALL been where you have been and unfortunately will probably be there again someday. No, I don't mean that to seem that we are hopeless and will never get this weight off.......I say it because we are all human and it happens. You don't have to be OP or perfect to come here. If your not ready to hop back on the wagon, that's ok too. But come and talk to us about it at least. Comiserate with us. You know us sweetie, we can always find something to gripe about. Take today for instance...........me and dh had some "alone time". The minute it was over, (and I do mean minute) he rolled over and said, "Hey! Doesn't McDonald's have the Big & Tasty on sale for .99 cents?" There is just something about the words BIG, TASTY and .99 cents after sex that did not make me happy. Yes, I know that was too much information, but I'm trying to make a point here. What was it? Oh yeah, we can always find something to gripe about. Honey, we truly love you and want you to come back and talk to us. We won't try to talk to you about getting back on program. We won't tell you how much better you feel when your OP. We won't tell you how you breath, move and sleep better when you are eating right. You know why? Because you already know these things. We will just be here for you to listen. That's what we do and that's what we are here for. Now, having said that in my sweetest voice possible, here is my drill sargeant voice: MICHELLE! Get your butt back in here and that is an order! We love you and we miss you. Don't make Lucky, Baylee, Kat & I come kick your butt. That's right, they will take the trip down south to get me too.....and I know how to fight dirty. Just think about it.

Ok, now that I'm wore out, I'm going to end this post because it was mainly just for Michelle and start a new one.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:54 AM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Ok, it's me again.........

I wanted that post just for Michelle and now having said what I needed to, I will move on. I could not talk to you that way if I did not love you Michelle.

Now, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the big & tasty/"intimate time" story. I just found it quite comical. Not at the time, mind you....
but I am ok with it now. I think. The man was just hungry. After all, he'd just put in some hard labor. Yeah right. I almost got that sentence typed without belly laughing.

So, how are all my other lovely chickies? Great, I hope. I had a real rough morning this morning. I made a huge mistake and did not come home from work and go straight to bed. Hmmm, Tina not go to bed. Tina hungry. Tina eats. Tina eats 27points before 10:00!!! Trust me, it can be done. By the end of the day, I had went 10 and only 10 points over.......but I did have plenty banked and you know what? I counted the points. I didn't come home.......eat a ton, figured I had already blown it and eat like a pig for the rest of the day. As much as I hated it, I counted all 27 of those pitiful points and decided that I would pretty much be eating vegetables the rest of the day!
Although eating almost all your points before breakfast is not exactly something to be proud of........I was proud because it didn't lead to even more terrible things happening and I was accountable for it. That is a definite improvement. I may just figure this thing out yet.

thin: Come see us when you can. I know you have things going on and are super busy, but you know where we are. We love and miss you and anxiously await your return.

2cute: You go girl! You stayed OP....maintained AND had a wonderful time on your trip. I say this calls for a WHOA Tony! Woops, got a little off track there, didn't I? WWWHHHOOAAA 2cute!

Sara: What you and your hubby are doing about the anniversary is so sweet. What's he getting on day one?

Lucky: Uniforms, huh? I forgot, what is it you do? Do they come in orange?

Baylee: How did the dentist appt go? I never could ride one of those exercise bikes....too much pain, if you know what I mean.

Kat: You are VERY pretty......yes, I know I have never seen you. I just know it. You are truly my inspiration for all that exercising you do. I am happy to report however, I did do my one mile WATP video today.

tontoy: Yes, you lost two stupid pounds. But, those two stupid pounds are gone now, aren't they? You are two pounds less than you were last week, aren't you? You know what two stupid pounds are? 8 sticks of butter!

Well, I guess I will go for now. I am going back to day shift next week........(will give you more details tomorrow) I've got one more nights on thirds! Wooooo Hooooo! Hello to all my other lovelies. Love you.

Last edited by QueenB; 10-17-2002 at 02:57 AM.
Closed Thread