Old 08-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/161.6/130

Height: 5'6''

Default Moving in over here

I have tried (for the second time) and horribly failed at Low Carb, I just can't do it. I love bread and sammiches too much! I've lost weight before with CC I just thought low carb could be the easy way out of the last 30 pounds. Nope, It was the most miserable 6 days of my life. All I could think about was mac and cheese. Not to mention my calories were sky high and that made me hella nervous.
So I'm back to counting calories. tried and true. I'm going to keep my calories low, carbs & sugars too, protein high and try really hard to cut out booze.

Here's to hoping these pounds slide right off.
BananaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I'm right with you on the "can't do low carb"! In my heart I think it's probably a very healthy approach but I just can't do it. I'm a CC girl for life now!

Stick to your plan and those 30 pounds will be gone. Slow and steady wins the race!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree with you gotta go with what works for you. My hubby has lost over 100 lbs with Atkins with NO problems. I on the other hand got extreme stomach issues just eating the same as him for dinner. My carb count is much lower than it used to (i don't usually get to 200g) but if I get 'too' low carb I start getting sick and even my husband says 'you need to go eat some carbs' lol

So to each his own! Good luck with the last 30 lbs!! woohoo to that!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

Height: 5'6"

I am a recent low carb quitter too But doing well on calorie counting. Just don't be disappointed by gaining a couple of pounds back in the first few days. It freaked me out but things got better in the 2nd week.
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/161.6/130

Height: 5'6''

Mama I gained a few back too. But besides today being a total fail (I had pulled beef and waffle fries for breakfast) I've been good about sticking to the low cal. and I'm very proud of myself.
BananaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Hang in there, you can do it!!! I agree with everyone else, you need to do what works for you! So that you can maintain your weight (when the time comes) by whatever type of eating style you are comfortable with.
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #7  
300+ Chick

Good luck!! You can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #8  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

I tried low carb (south beach) a couple years back...didn't work for me either. CC offers me the flexibility I need to have some of the stuff I want, as long as I keep everything in check!

Good luck to you! As everyone else has said, it's your body and you have to do what works for you. One diet or program does NOT fit all.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

I use to do low carb as well I've tried SB, Atkins, PP and my own version of LC sometimes being extreme!

I like the basics of LC b/c I do think we should watch our processed food and sugar intake, to me it seems over all a little harder to stick and alot of people get stuck on induction (or the beginning phase). Alot of people get burned out before moving through the phases.

For me instead of being extreme with it and starting over and over with induction. I just added in more carbs but in the form of whole grain and more veggies. I use to eat bacon and eggs pretty much every morning and got sick of it although people would say you can eat anything for breakfast. Yeah that's true but at 4:30 am I don't have the appetite for left overs or anything big, on the weekend maybe but not during the week. Once I incoporated whole grain bread I started eating scramble egg with cheese and a low cal/low carb bread and I can eat it everyday b/c I love it.

So I say you definitely have to plan out your meals ask yourself if the foods you are choosing are healthy etc.....

You'll be okay it takes planning but it will become 2nd nature eventually!
Good Luck!
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #10  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I calorie count, but I also don't eat high-glycemic carbs very often at all. I do know lots of very successful low carb eaters. I think we all have to doscover what works best for us, sometimes it is a hybrid!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote