Old 08-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Default What are your little surprises?

So yesterday I was helping one of my friends move, and we had just loaded a big armchair and a dresser into the back of a truck. We wanted to put a mattress up in the front of the truck bed, and so I had run inside to grab a tarp. When I get back out to the truck I realized I had to actually get inside the bed to lay the tarp out properly, and so I pulled myself up on the back hitch. There wasn't room to step around so I held onto the dresser and walked along the side of the truck bed, way up there in the air, then jumped down where I needed to be, took care of business, and jumped out of the truck.

Then it hit me... what the heck?

I still feel like the same person as I was 75 pounds ago, but I will do something and then stop and think... I could have NEVER accomplished that before. Just silly little things. Like squeezing through a smaller space, or sprinting home to get something, or doing acrobatics in a truck bed. Those are the things that motivate me the most.

Hehe... what are some of your little surprises?
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #2  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

One of the cool down stretches they do in Jillian's Yoga Meltdown DVD involves bending one leg underneath you, while the other one is stretched all the way, and you have to stretch out on your stomach as far as you can go. She says, if you're less flexible- go as far as you can... I can go all the way down. Even Jillian can't do that! I'm more flexible than JILLIAN MICHAELS. (in some areas anyway).

I'm also surprised at how high I can kick. Long legs help, but I'm sure 3 months and almost 20 pounds ago I couldn't do it...

Also happily surprised at how much better my TOM has been the past few months with the diet change. Used to cramp so bad... barely do anymore!

I'm sure I'll add more as I discover them. (:

Last edited by singforthedayx; 08-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote