Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #1  
Lala1019

S/C/G: 255/255/199

Height: 5'9

Red face im a newbie here!!

Hello all, well I am here because I am ready to finally lose some weight! I have done Atkins in the past, lost about 60 lbs, and most of my hair fell out & I got sick and started passing out all the time, so I stopped doing that.....and its been about 7 years since then and I need to lose weight now. I am going to be 25 next month and want to change my ways. I would love to be below 200...its been a looooong time since I have been. I am 255 right now & 5'9. I will be laid off from my job on august 30th (my company is closing) and do not want to get heavier during that time, I want to use my extra time to exercise & try to eat better and "start fresh" Any tips are very welcome and i'm very open to new ideas or suggestions. I won't lie, I don't like exercising that much but I am going to try to start walking...I have 3 dogs, No way that I can walk them all at once, so I figure if I walk them each at least one time a week, they will get some good exercise too....thanks in advance everyone
lala1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #2  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the site!

As far as not liking exercise much, I say take it slow at first and keep trying new things until you find something you love! I thought I'd always hate exercise until I realized I could have fun at the same time. =)
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #3  
I WILL do it.

S/C/G: 245/231/140

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Welcome and good luck!!!
Refuse to Give Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #4  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lala!

Welcome aboard! We're happy to have you here!!!

Well done on choosing your health! It sounds like you have a good plan. Keep posting on here. I look forward to getting to know you and seeing you progress on your journey!!!!

Here...take some of Tyla's It comes in pretty handy!!! I think we all have a stash.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #5  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 351/351/220

Height: 5'9"

Good luck on your journey! Try Leslie Sansone's walk at home video's they are EASY and a great way to incorporate exercise into your lifestyle. I used to be an avid hater of exercise but I look forward to it now!
Gigglesquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #6  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Lala! Even though our ages are different (48) we have a lot of things in common.1) I also lost 60lbs prior on the Atkins _but had no side effects- and am currently doing Atkins again.2) I was at 270 but I am now at 247 3) I also have 3 dogs - a 9 month old shepherd, a 2 year old great dane, and a 5 year old rat terrier. I used to walk every evening with the rat terrier but felt bad for not taking the other two. So now I just go to the jr. college and walk their walking path (2 miles every day) without them. But I still take each one individually for their walks. And yeah, I can't walk all 3 of mine at the same time anymore either. One thing that is really helping me this time is to set small goals like 5 or 10 lbs to lose at a time. It really makes you feel like you have accomplished something Hugs and Support in your goal!
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #7  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! I think 95% of the battle of weight loss is managing food, so don't fret that you aren't in love with exercise. It is more important to create a healthy meal plan that you enjoy and can live with for life! So focus on that, and enjoy your dogs walks, that sounds like a great plan!

Good luck!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote